Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

and now a mention of Pappy Van Winkle as a birthday gift in Justified.

Man Sam Elliott saying Pappy Van Winkle sure sounded cool.

But he ruined it last night by saying he "...never really developed a taste for bourbon".

Several bottles appeared last night, including Ava pouring some Old Forester, and Mr Walker asking for some Buffalo Trace.

What was the bottle Ava and Boyd were drinking on the bar in the beginning of the episode? I thought it said Kentucky on it, but I couldn't make out the label.

What was the bottle Ava and Boyd were drinking on the bar in the beginning of the episode? I thought it said Kentucky on it, but I couldn't make out the label.

Did it say; "Old No. 8" on it? Passed so quickly, and wasn't directly shown frontally for more than a split second. Anybody familiar with this brand? Boyd had mentioned 'breaking out the good stuff' or some similar comment to end the previous episode, if that helps any.

Did it say; "Old No. 8" on it? Passed so quickly, and wasn't directly shown frontally for more than a split second. Anybody familiar with this brand? Boyd had mentioned 'breaking out the good stuff' or some similar comment to end the previous episode, if that helps any.

It was either an 8 or a 9. The label was black and white, looked almost like Jack Daniels, but it definitely said Kentucky on it, not Tennessee.

It was either an 8 or a 9. The label was black and white, looked almost like Jack Daniels, but it definitely said Kentucky on it, not Tennessee.

Agree, NOT TN, definitely KY! The label was in the same vein as JD. I did NOT recognize it, but I haven't been into the rare OLD brand hunting like some around here, so ....Maybe, somebody will recognize by the label-style?

I read somewhere it was just a generic, made-up label, as the woman drinking it drove drunk, and they didn't want to associate that with any particular brand.

In the movie John Wick. It looks like he is drinking a blantons. This is when he is in the hotel room getting stitched up.

In the movie John Wick. It looks like he is drinking a Blantons. This is when he is in the hotel room getting stitched up.

Watched this yesterday. Great movie, and Blanton's did make an appearance.

Also, the first time I've watched a movie and thought "...Wow, remember when gas prices were that HIGH?..."

Yes, watched it Friday night and it was Blanton's. Noticed the $4.00 gas as well.

Our gas prices did jump $0.12 last week to $1.99. First increase in awhile.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but in Kingpin, Randy Quaid's character is drinking Jim Beam and coke out of a beer helmet. Also, in Swelter (recent Van Damme movie) the bartender breaks out the good stuff for Van Damme. The good stuff is Blanton's, which I must say is "good Stuff".

Watched "The Judge" with Robert Duval and Robert Downey Jr last night. Duval cracks an Evan Williams 23-year old bourbon from 1957 (I think that was the year). Downey Jr. says he'd almost cracked that bottle a dozen times, Duval's character says "you're glad you didn't!"

Watched this yesterday. Great movie, and Blanton's did make an appearance.

Also, the first time I've watched a movie and thought "...Wow, remember when gas prices were that HIGH?..."

Yeah.. Great Movie!!!!!! I didn't notice the Gas Prices... Just the Blanton's

Don't think there was any bourbon on Justified tonight. Just some Apple pie moonshine that could've killed a man or just could be an innocent drink to offer a stranger. Best show on TV now. If you didn't see deadwood I highly recommend it. Raylan was the upright angry violent sheriff in a new society in South Dakota. There will never be dialogue as good as this show. B bad, mad men and justified get close.

In the movie John Wick. It looks like he is drinking a blantons. This is when he is in the hotel room getting stitched up.

yep, blanton's.

i was kind of disappointed in the movie. the storyline sounded better than the actual movie proved to be. My biggest peave was the loud rock music in EVERY fight scene.

I've been working my way through Banshee. They drink a lot of Jameson's on this show but last night AA10 made an appearance. I'm not familiar enough with the bottle to see if was the 10* or 10yo, though. Season 2, Disc 2, last episode I think.

An appearance from AAA 10* tonight on Justified. Boyd was basically holding the bottle up the camera at one point.

Was it 10* or 10 yr? I haven't gone back and replayed that scene for the purpose of examining the bottle, but I assumed it was 10 yr (special gift?).

I tried to go back and look, but I never got a clear enough shot. May have to look at it in the bigger TV.