Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

I went back and took a good look (tivo). On a 60" HD screen I still could not read the fine print but it sure looked like 10 year to me. I have a couple of bottles of 10 yr at home and compared them to what I saw on the screen. Looked identical.

With the exception of the occasional WT appearance, it seems the show only features BT products (Blantons, BT, ETL, AA, AAA10, PVW).

we are almost at the point of needing a "Bourbon on Justified" thread. Too bad the show is coming to an end. :bowdown:

Looks like we know where all the stolen PVW20 went. Boyd Crowder's father stole it. Case closed.

Looks like we know where all the stolen PVW20 went. Boyd Crowder's father stole it. Case closed.

Boyd needs to quit worrying about robbing banks and just sell all that hidden Pappy online.

I think once he popped it, they all took a break from filming and had some, because the fill level was going down pretty fast for just a few shots. Speaking of which is that even acceptable protocol, throwing back some PVW20? Oh yeh, I forgot it's a movie.

Oh yeh, I forgot it's a movie.

And probably not even bourbon. More likely Lipton or Mott's.

I think once he popped it, they all took a break from filming and had some, because the fill level was going down pretty fast for just a few shots. Speaking of which is that even acceptable protocol, throwing back some PVW20? Oh yeh, I forgot it's a movie.

Yeah, I noticed that after he poured a small drink for himself and Ava, that full bottle looked about half gone already. Maybe it was the real thing, and they passed it around...

Was watching an episode of the Simpsons late night from this season, at Moe's bar, he had multiples on the shelf of "Makers Moe", red wax and all.

That and some amusingly shaped "Absolute Krusty".

B

So far onJustified tonight, Raylan drank straight from a bottle of Ancient Age, then wasted the rest. Then Kathryn poured some Eagle Rare, but didn't offer Art a pour. Bitch...

Haven't seen 'Justified' yet. DVR'd it. Just watched NCIS off the DVR, and saw a bottle that I'm sure was Blanton's sitting on Tony DiNozzo's (Mike Weatherly) coffee table in front of Tony's Father, (Rob't Wagner) Anthony.

Wonder what Raylan was drinking at Markhams pizza portal?

We never see the bottle from which Raylan pours his serving; but the closest Bourbon-looking bottle on the shelf looked like it might have been Johnny Drum Private Stock. Tough to really tell with the flash look we get, though.

We never see the bottle from which Raylan pours his serving; but the closest Bourbon-looking bottle on the shelf looked like it might have been Johnny Drum Private Stock. Tough to really tell with the flash look we get, though.

There was WT on the bar at Pizza Portal.

Anybody notice the bottle of Elmer T. Lee from which Boyd and Ava seem to be enjoying a pour, just as Win Duffy enters Boyd's bar to scam him about Avery's money being moved during the party?

Pretty sure it was regular ETL on the bar, forward of the other bottles, more or less between where Boyd and Ava were sitting at the bar.

I'm sorry to see Justified winding up. One of the best shows on the boob-toob, at least IMHO. Not even counting the frequent presentations of Bourbon.

ETL made 2 appearances in the episode. Also, Raylan asks for the most expensive bourbon they have at the Pizza Portal and he gets a pour of Blantons.

ETL made 2 appearances in the episode. Also, Raylan asks for the most expensive bourbon they have at the Pizza Portal and he gets a pour of Blantons.

Neil Simon's 'Murder by Death' (1976) was on tonight. It's been twenty years since I saw it but remembered most of it takes place in a dining room with a butler's cart filled with bottles. No real bourbon that I could see, but Cutty Sark made a sideways appearance (the label is easy to recognize even if it's just a side shot) while somebody poured some in a glass, and JD got a full-on, 3 second static shot while it sat on the butler's cart.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
spelling, of course - filed/filled

Watched "Gone Girl" with MrsTT the other night and they start off with pours of Blanton's.

For 'Justified' fans (and for bourbon fans who have wondered about the 'Justified' comments here) --

Here's a link to a Washington Post article on page E6 of Sunday's paper (22 MAR 2015) discussing the relationship between its plot and bourbon. Apparently, the show does not accept paid placement money BUT did go to BT and ask if it could use their empty bottles as props; BT agreed. The article is just geeky enough, and just accurate enough, to have been written by somebody on thishere board. The part I like best is: some characters have adopted brands as part of the character's character. In short, it was a fun article to read.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2015/03/03/how-bourbon-explains-everything-there-is-to-know-about-justified/?tid=pm_entertainment_pop

For 'Justified' fans (and for bourbon fans who have wondered about the 'Justified' comments here) --

Here's a link to a Washington Post article on page E6 of Sunday's paper (22 MAR 2015) discussing the relationship between its plot and bourbon. Apparently, the show does not accept paid placement money BUT did go to BT and ask if it could use their empty bottles as props; BT agreed. The article is just geeky enough, and just accurate enough, to have been written by somebody on thishere board. The part I like best is: some characters have adopted brands as part of the character's character. In short, it was a fun article to read.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2015/03/03/how-bourbon-explains-everything-there-is-to-know-about-justified/?tid=pm_entertainment_pop

Thanks, dcbt. I wondered where the writers were drawing some of their material from.