Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

On "Blindspot" this week, Patterson (the analyst) orders a Blanton's, neat, at a restaurant, but the bottle isn't pictured, nor do we see her drinking it.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 3:47 PM, Enoch said:

I was watching "That Awkward Moment" when Ellie shows up and says "I brought scotch..." Sure looks like a bottle of Bulleit Ryescotch.jpg

Well, it would certainly be "That Awkward Moment" indeed!

• 1 month later...

Saw a bottle of Blanton's was featured on last night's episode of Fear The Walking Dead.

On 4/6/2016 at 0:47 PM, Enoch said:

I was watching "That Awkward Moment" when Ellie shows up and says "I brought scotch..." Sure looks like a bottle of Bulleit Rye

Caught something similar on TV a couple weeks ago on "Nashville"...2 of the characters get stuck in an elevator, and one of them breaks out an "18-year-old scotch" that looked suspiciously like a bottle of WTKS...it's not like anything else looks like it.

Now, to the wider world, scotch might be more likely to be thought of as high-end than bourbon, but in the case I cite above, it actually seems out-of-character for 2 country singers on tour in the south somewhere to be drinking a supposedly premium scotch, instead of a premium bourbon, which that bottle actually was..but without an age statement to crow about...

Weird...

12 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

They were doing shots of Pappy on Silicon Valley last night

That was classic, the fact they were doing shots says a lot, then one guy spit it up and the other poured his back into the bottle without saying a word.  Comic gold for anyone who was in on the joke (Pappy craze)

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

That was classic, the fact they were doing shots says a lot, then one guy spit it up and the other poured his back into the bottle without saying a word.  Comic gold for anyone who was in on the joke (Pappy craze)

The spit out made me gasp! 

By George, when William Faulkner was writing screen plays in Hollywood no one spit out Bourbon.

In tonight's "Murder in Suburbia" episode, "Witch", the hard-driving, visiting Chief Inspector played by Clare Higgins drinks JD neat.  Those English . . .

Edited by Harry in WashDC
Spelling, of course

Devil in a Blue Dress.  Denzel and Don Cheadle go to some guy's house to get some information.  He brings out a bottle of Kentucky Tavern.

• 2 weeks later...

On Sundays episode of Penny Dreadful they mentioned William LaRue Weller and how he used wheat instead of rye in his whiskey.

1 hour ago, bill_B said:

On Sundays episode of Penny Dreadful they mentioned William LaRue Weller and how he used wheat instead of rye in his whiskey.

That's a bizarre show, but I sure have enjoyed it.

In the Montana episode of Parts Unknown, Bourdain is drinking Buffalo Trace with his guides.

16 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

In the Montana episode of Parts Unknown, Bourdain is drinking Buffalo Trace with his guides.

He is really schlepping if he is drinking "just" BT and not "the pappy" he usually slurps down like a tequila shot.

• 3 months later...
On 5/10/2016 at 10:59 PM, squire said:

By George, when William Faulkner was writing screen plays in Hollywood no one spit out Bourbon.

Reminds me of the story about Faulkner asking his producer if he could work from home. When nobody saw or heard from him for a while, they went looking. He was working at home--in Oxford.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a movie, but...My wife loves watching the Cooking Channel on Sunday mornings. On an episode of Pioneer Woman a few months back she's making "Whiskey Something or Other" and promptly opens a bottle of Blanton's and dumps half of it into some kind of sauce. I almost spit out my coffee and exclaimed her husband's going to be ticked when he finds out. Needless to say my wife didn't understand why I thought using 1/2 a bottle of Blanton's in a batch of sauce was a bad idea, but I did get her to promise that if I ever get my hands on bottle of Blanton's, she will not cook with the bottle with the pretty horsey on the top.

Also...In an episode of "The Muppet Show" (the new ABC revival) last year, Fozzy the Bear is tending bar and clearly pours from a bottle of Buffalo Trace. 

On 9/24/2016 at 5:23 PM, BDanner said:

Also...In an episode of "The Muppet Show" (the new ABC revival) last year, Fozzy the Bear is tending bar and clearly pours from a bottle of Buffalo Trace. 

I'm sure he was mixing it with OGD 114.

On 9/24/2016 at 3:38 PM, BDanner said:

Not a movie, but...My wife loves watching the Cooking Channel on Sunday mornings. On an episode of Pioneer Woman a few months back she's making "Whiskey Something or Other" and promptly opens a bottle of Blanton's and dumps half of it into some kind of sauce. I almost spit out my coffee and exclaimed her husband's going to be ticked when he finds out. Needless to say my wife didn't understand why I thought using 1/2 a bottle of Blanton's in a batch of sauce was a bad idea, but I did get her to promise that if I ever get my hands on bottle of Blanton's, she will not cook with the bottle with the pretty horsey on the top.

ha!  I probably would've done the same thing if I saw that!  I'd be pretty PO'd if the wife used Blanton's to make a sauce!

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Just saw a Bottle of Blantons on "This is Us" episode 3

Not sure if this one is posted but Blanton's is in House of Cards a few times.

Never understood all the Blanton's love other than the cool bottle. I've passed on probably 10 bottles in the last couple weeks at $52-$57.  Is it super rare in other necks of the woods?