What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer '07

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did some basic essentials restocking via the local liquor store, the biggest in town. Beam Black, Bulleit, EC18, WT Rye, OGD BIB. I also picked up 5 sixpacks of Mexican beer, a couple bottles of rum and a magnum of Sake. I tend to be a pretty good customer of this establishment. I noticed two things on this trip, #1 prices are up, and #2 selection was down. I'm not liking this trend and let the kid behind the counter know how I felt. He said he would pass it on to the boss. We'll see how this plays out.

I may or may not have purchased a bottle of Rock Hill Farms today.

Someone mentioned Shoppers Vineyard in New Jersey, and I went to their website out of curiosity.

I was all but sure they would not ship to Arizona, given that Binny's and Hi Time quit doing so over the past two years. Nevertheless, I idly put a bottle of RHF (the only bourbon I'm even close to depleting) into the basket and clicked Checkout.

At each step I fully expected an error message along the lines of, "You don't really think we're going ship to your backward state, do you?"

It didn't happen. I received an email confirmation.

I half expect a phone call tomorrow telling me that no one had ever tried to order from AZ before, but now they've looked into it, and it's no go.

The truth is, I wouldn't really mind. I swallowed really hard at a total, including shipping, of $60.26 for a bottling that Hi Time sells for under $40. Let's see, $21 worth of gas would get me just about to the state line . . .

Anyway, if this order comes through, I'll post again for the benefit of others who'd like to buy out-of-state.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

WT 12 yr split x2 and William Larue Weller x2 :grin: They're not for me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dawn

Man I'm jealous...I'm looking for the Larue Weller '06! :bigeyes:
I know where to get the '05 here in Houston for $49.99, if they still have the one bottle left on the shelf.

2 x 2006 GTS

2 x 2006 Thomas Handy

1 x 2006 WLW

1 x 2005 WLW

Dammit they were both supposed to be 2006......which of these 2 is better drinking? From what I have read most people love the 06.

Scott

2 x 2006 GTS

2 x 2006 Thomas Handy

1 x 2006 WLW

1 x 2005 WLW

Scott

Showoff!!! :slappin: :slappin: :slappin:

which of these 2 is better drinking? From what I have read most people love the 06.

Scott

The 2005 has been dissed on this board, that is the one that is 121.9 proof, and they say that the '06 is far better.

Ofcourse the only one I have is the '05, so I let it sit on the shelf, but it looks great! As Fernando used to say, "It is better to look good than to feel good."

Dammit...I"m going to go broke. I stopped by my local Bevmo on the way home just to see what they had (i know I can look online). I found a crap load of W L Weller BHC Centinnial and Old Charter BHC. No longer worried about trying to find those two.

But they only had 1 bottle of Black Maple Hill Small Batch. So knowing I hadn't seen this anywhere else lately I went ahead and got it. Thankfully this is on the cheap end....every day I go looking I find something. A blessing and a curse (to my wallet).

So until next payday...no more looking!

Rest yourself and the bank account for just a bit. Crack some of those bottles open and judge them all.

Bring the best of them to our first SoCal tasting,

I'm just saying.

The 2005 has been dissed on this board, that is the one that is 121.9 proof, and they say that the '06 is far better.

For my personal taste I would say more than “far†Oscar! I didn’t like the 2005 at all but the 2006 is one of the best bourbons I ever had.

Leif

I picked up a bottle of the WLW'05 last week, and I think it's good. It didn't quite knock my socks off, but I don't regret the purchase. I've never tried the WLW'06.

I went out for lunch today (bad Idea), I did find;

(2) Gold vein I.W. Harper 15yr.

(2) RVW RYE 13yr "H" codes good find it really an 18yr Rye.

(1) Evan Williams SB "1987" could not believe this was on the shelf $24 bucks.

I need to stop going out for lunch...

Thanks to the generosity of a fellow SB.com member, I received 4 bottles of Russell Reserve 101 10 year today.

Thanks again Rick.

I did not really get it today but brought back the following from a trip to Ky to see family,

2 1.75's of AAA 10yo

2 bottles Four Roses Single Barrel

1 bottle of Four Roses Small batch

1 Bottle VROHH 10yo BIB

Not Bourbon but also brought back 2 gallons of Burgoo and 3 pounds of Chopped Mutton. Some of this will make it to this weekends West Coast Study Group for those who have not had the pleasure to enjoy some of the other Ky regional delicacies.

Ken

Thank you for a fantastic trade, Greg. Two of my all time "must find" bottles: Cabin Still and Old Fitz BIB DSP-KY 16!!!!! I will let you know when I break the seals... Great trade, we will do it again someday.

Oh, and I also recvd my second bottle of Turkey Tribute today!!! (One for the bunker) Thanks to the generosity of another SBer....... Thank you!!!

Latest purchase was a backup bottle of the last GTS made (tends to sit on the shelves around here a bit, outrageous no?), Powers Gold Label, and another Lot B. The Lot B is the perfect introductory bourbon and I keep it around for such purposes. I've personally moved onto the harder stuff though :)

Latest purchase was a backup bottle of the last GTS made (tends to sit on the shelves around here a bit, outrageous no?), Powers Gold Label, and another Lot B. The Lot B is the perfect introductory bourbon and I keep it around for such purposes. I've personally moved onto the harder stuff though :)

I know where there's one more bottle of GTS '06 on the shelf of a local ABC. Unfortuntately the price went up to $60 vs. the $49 I paid not more than 6 weeks ago.

From what I've seen here, the BTAC '06 is all running $70 except for ER17 which can be found for $50-55. I think I may have got the last of the GTA 06 for $50 and I knew the other prices so i bought both bottles.

From what I've seen here, the BTAC '06 is all running $70 except for ER17 which can be found for $50-55. I think I may have got the last of the GTA 06 for $50 and I knew the other prices so i bought both bottles.

The reason I paid $49 a bottle is because I argued with the store manager. ABC had raised the price to $60.40 a bottle. This particular store had 6 bottles on the shelf and I bought all 6. When the manager rang up the bottles, it came up as $60.40 each. I pointed out that the shelf label listed the price as $49. He said he hadn't bothered to change the shelf label yet. I told him that was all well and good but the visible advertised price was what I was expecting to pay and that I consider that price to be the advertised price. He relented and gave them to me for $49. :grin:

From what I've seen here, the BTAC '06 is all running $70 except for ER17 which can be found for $50-55.

I just (within the hour) spotted an ER17 for $45.99, and a Weller 19yo (1980/2000) for $49.99.

Howdy,

Bought my first bottle (750ml) of Jim Beam white label last night. I'll have 1.5 oz. tonight. Looking forward to it, as the only other Bourbon I've had is Jim Beam black label.

Eggman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.