What are you drinking tonight? (Fall '07)

mgilbertva
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OGD 86 from 1976 Bicentennial Decantor I found tonight on the way home. Is it me our is there a hint of thinner on the tip of this, then it just goes into sweet brownsugar goodness, honey and maple. Finish is short but very impressed with this bottle!

Tony

Eagle Rare SB and Wathen's.........and though this fabulous bottle of WT12 is staring me straight in the face - thanks to a generous fellow sb.comer of the highest order, I must resist until the weekend so I can extend it forward thru Christmas and New Year's.......hopefully it will hold out that long - if I don't share much.

I couldn't believe my eyes, but I happened upon some OF BIB. I purchased the one litre but should have gotten the 1.75. Not to worry, I'll be back for it.:grin: So, that's what I'm drinking tonight.

Very good bourbon, especially for $19.99/Litre!!!!

Nothing like a little Stagg to keep you warm in the sub-zero temperatures. If my taste buds are still alive I will probably follow that with a Sazerac Cocktail made with Handy.

Just opened a bottle of Bulleit. Not bad, but then again, my taste buds don't have the education that others do here, so bear with me!

I was reaching for my unopened bottle of Bulleit last night when my hand slipped and found the adjacent bottle of OFBB 2006 instead.

Larry

Tonite we opened my first bottle of OFBB, the 2005 version......very, very good. Should have tried it before now. Wish I had the earlier years (02 in particular) to go with the now-open 05 and an unopened 06.

Was going for my bottle of Bulleit again, and my hand slipped and I grabbed a bottle of Wild Turkey. Very smooooth. Found a recipe on their website to mix it with OJ, and its not bad. Weird, but not bad!

Grand Dad 114

The wonderful current bottling

Is it just me, or is this the most quaffable bourbon to be had?

With it's soft, tingling spice that cuts through the bold sweetness that dominates at first contact and then slowly goes astringent with moderate tannins, it begs to be taken in mouthfuls, where I rarely ever take more than a sip in at once.

I've said this for years, the concentration of less watered whiskey makes the sweetness dominate the oaky tartness. I just tasted a current bottling 86er, and it told me to sip slowly; the 114 says gimme a belt!

Roger

Large tumbler. Rocks. One-third each Jack Daniels Single Barrel, lemon-flavored spring water and Coke. It's good. Then another. Ith good..

Gary

Going to open up a bottle of the Weller Centenial Frankfort tonight and do a side by side between the Louisville Bottle that has amazed me this week. I do not see this bottle making thru the Christmas weekend!!

W.L. Weller Centennial 10 Yr old. Nice! Really opens up with a few drops of water. Buttery sweet, and very long, finish. An excellent value.

I agree Dave! The Frankfort Bottling is good but it releases a bit different than the LVille bottle! The Frkft has more oak up front and the Butterscotch is in the finish and not as strong. These 2 are related but they are not twins! I may try this again tomorrow, that is if I'm not a new dad? Baby is getting close!!!

I agree Dave! The Frankfort Bottling is good but it releases a bit different than the LVille bottle! The Frkft has more oak up front and the Butterscotch is in the finish and not as strong. These 2 are related but they are not twins! I may try this again tomorrow, that is if I'm not a new dad? Baby is getting close!!!

How can you tell a Frankfort bottle from a Louisville bottle? I don't know which I have, really.

P.S. An early congratualations on getting to be a new dad! I've had my three - done! (Note: Fatherhood can increase drinking frequency).

How can you tell a Frankfort bottle from a Louisville bottle? I don't know which I have, really.

P.S. An early congratualations on getting to be a new dad! I've had my three - done! (Note: Fatherhood can increase drinking frequency).

Easy, the label says Frankfort or Louisville on it.

Three?!?!? I think you over did it. Congrats anyway.

I may try this again tomorrow, that is if I'm not a new dad? Baby is getting close!!!

Congrats from another new dad! My son was born two weeks ago tonight. Here's hoping he sleeps.

Thanks! and yes Timothy is right! the bottom of the label say Louisville or Frankfort. If the bottle has the BHC logo on it it could be either but if you have the solid gold seal it's for sure Frankfort!

I might add after my second glass the Frankfort is nice but it doesn't open up in layers like the Lville did! The first bottle was like an onion every sip pelled back another layer, and just like the onion it was so good I teared up :grin: ! Not really but Oscar will tell you it's a killer bottle!

Tony

Christmas shopping is finally over (boy, do I hope) so I'm relaxing in my easy chair surfing SB.Com with some Weller 12 and M&Ms.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.