What Are You Drinking Tonight, Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks, Gary. I enjoy vatting similar brands from two different distillers; since it's usually made to the same recipe it can yield terrific flavors that make sense. This particular bottle of OGD 8/86 is not good, but the vatting tastes much like some other, very good ND bottles I've had.

I picked up a 15-yo Pappy this weekend, incidentally. It's a current bottling, the first I've seen in a while. Looking forward to it. Hope it's not harsh, as your recent sample.

'06 Stagg cut down to around 115 pf with well water. Man I love this stuff! Haven't compared it to the '07 yet.

You like the 07 even better... the Staggs that is...

I am working a glass of Bookers... with a little H20 solid phase to ease the edge a little...

Get outta my head Emerald. :duel:

I too enjoyed a big pour or Bookers and a nice pour of WTRB.

And a good night to all !!!!:bis:

Spring 2005 Stagg (131.8 proof release), diluted generously, followed by my new fave 1968 Old Taylor with a single cube.

Jerfferson reserve, ORVW 10/107, PV 20, lot B, Weller Antique 107, Four roses single and PV 15. I bounced around a bit, only had about an once of each the Four Roses is the only one that holds with the Weller and VanWinkle products, the Jefferson just seemed light, Mark

I'm feelin' mighty Irish tonight.......some dude kept calling me Red even after I told him my name is Brad.:rolleyes: May as well roll with it....... So, I'm drinking a little Bushmills 10.

:duel: Birdman stikes...:falling:Spun goes down..:smil41df29a15fb35: its daisies for spun :deadhorse: :bis: maybe some four roses instead...:pope: now time to face my next job....:70358-devil: .... think he's takig applications hahahaha

night y'all

I was longing for something I haven't had in way too long, some EC12, but I can't bring myself to open any more bottles, So I went with the EC18, which I am very fond of, and it was just what the doctor ordered, and just as good as I remembered.

Scott

Evan Williams Black Label. You know, I used to think this was rough. Then I liked some smoother bourbons. Then I tried some rougher and higher proofs. Now I am finding I like the Black Label just the way it is without any water. I am glad that I can totally enjoy such an inexpensive whiskey and feel like I have the good stuff.

Starting to celebrate the start of a four day weekend in Vegas with a couple of stiff pours of WLW 06 as I pack.

It'll be better than the MM I'll get in the Delta lounge at the airport and on-borad for the l-o-n-g flight.

More of my OGD vatting. My 86proof bottle is about to give up the ghost.

That's okay. After this, it's on to beer: DeKoninck, Anchor Steam, Titan IPA. Yeah, so it's four drinks in one night. What can I say: I've gotten re-hooked on good ale (after a few months without drinking much beer at all).

Starting to celebrate the start of a four day weekend in Vegas with a couple of stiff pours of WLW 06 as I pack.

It'll be better than the MM I'll get in the Delta lounge at the airport and on-borad for the l-o-n-g flight.

all of that may be true, and I understand...

BUT!

When you get to Nevada it may be just a bit warmer than your Pa. Locale.

Because you read this board you do know where to go to find some "nice pours"!

AND

Just remember the adage, "what happens in Vegas, could be on You Tube by midnight!"

The aforementioned EW1783. I still get corn husk instead of asparagus, but now I taste the menthol behind the sweetness. Not complex, but definitely a great value bourbon.

Not a Woodford fan? They usually stock it also.

Enjoy Vegas...nothin' but cold weather here in Cincy. Hmmm...think I'll have a pour of BT Cork/Bottle SB now to "warm" up! :grin:

Just finishing up a Weller Antique Old Fashioned.

1/2 tsp. sugar

2 tbs. water (I used 2 because of the 107 proof)

4 drops Angostura bitters

1 maraschino cherry

and 1 orange slice, molested but not completely muddled

2 oz. Weller Antique

I still think Saz. Jr. makes a better Old Fashioned. But this is nice.

A 50/50 blend of Havana Club Anejo and a single barrel Cruzan rum from U.S. Virgin Islands. It really brings out the best in these rums, IMO.

Gary

Manhattans made with RRR. Just a slight cut above the ones last night with Ritt BIB, but not by much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.