What Are You Drinking Tonight, Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thirty years of hard rock affecting you too, Tim? With me it's just the ears. :)

Gary

More like 'rock hard' here, Gary -- as in, the head...:rolleyes:

I'm just smiling and a-sipping my Pure Kentucky XO. Don't need good ears or eyes for that, just good judgement. :)

Gary

:lol: Another convert, eh? It's not like we haven't told you, Jake! Welcome to the club.:toast:

Let's hope it continues, but I've manage to hoard a couple of bottles, in any case. If I lived it KY, that how I'd be buying it -- by the case!

Hardly a "convert," per se...this is the eighth bottle of a case!

BTW, Tim and Gary, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Willetts I left with dougdog. Wish I could be there with you guys.

BTW, Tim and Gary, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Willetts I left with dougdog. Wish I could be there with you guys.

Oh, boy...:grin:

Day off tomorrow. Drinking some 4R Yellow. Noticed it's a screw cap instead of a cork. Hmmm. Also must have been cheap since along with the Pappy 20, the total was less than $120 w/ tax.

Buffalo Trace, finding it so very drinkable in different ways. I have enjoyed it neat, with a rock and my wife liked it very much with some club soda. She has never had whiskey yet she enjoyed this.

McScrooge's Four Roses 1B hand select! Yeah this stuff is really good! It has a Citrus and fruity front with a dry spicy middle the finish is light leather with the hint of sweet getting hit with that Rye spice! WOW! I'm really liking this bottle!

Tony

Had some 15 PVW..it is very good...Trying to find some Old Charter Proprietors Reserve..My store has been out recently..

Oh, boy...:grin:
Sadly, I don't think I left any Velvet Glove for dougie...so only 6yo, 15yo and Iron Fist for you!

W L Weller Special Reserve 7yo 90proof

I really like this bourbon and it comes in at around 18 bucks here in MI.

If it was 100 proof or a little higher BT could get a some big bucks for it.

What is the proof on the W L Weller 12yo?

W L Weller Special Reserve 7yo 90proof

I really like this bourbon and it comes in at around 18 bucks here in MI.

If it was 100 proof or a little higher BT could get a some big bucks for it.

The Weller 12 is 90 proof. I have 3 bottles from Binny's and they are fantastic. Brett has a lot in stock so get a bottle....you won't be sorry.

The Weller 12 is 90 proof. I have 3 bottles from Binny's and they are fantastic. Brett has a lot in stock so get a bottle....you won't be sorry.

Binny's won't ship to MI.

Anyone up for a Chi-Town roadtrip?

As best as I recall, it is 90 proof......don't have a bottle right now to back me up on that but I am pretty sure that is correct.

Well last night at bar I had 2 Blantons for $25. Tonight I am home and gonna drink Evan Black label. Now Dollar for Dollar has to be the best value bourbon around. I bought a fifth for $9.75. 9.75!!!

A little bit of snow here in Dixie tonight. :woohoo: After a snowball fight, sledding, snow angels, and making a snowman with my daughter; a couple of EC18's hit the spot.

Cheers!

JOE

A little bit of snow here in Dixie tonight. :woohoo: After a snowball fight, sledding, snow angels, and making a snowman with my daughter; a couple of EC18's hit the spot.

Cheers!

JOE

I envy the scene you described. Not possible here in my part of the world unless I drive for an hour.

Lot B with one cube in a low-ball.

Just about to finish a pour of Old Weller Antique 107, neat. Very good for the price I think.(18.99 a fifth) It is a Cork and Bottle SB selection, barrel #10, bottled July 12, 07. I think this is the second time I've tasted this bottle and it tastes better to me since the first time a month or so ago. No water needed really.

Started with Berhiem went to 4 roses small then single barrel then PVW 20 and finisning with PVW15, all were supurb.

Started with Berhiem went to 4 roses small then single barrel then PVW 20 and finisning with PVW15, all were supurb.

Nice night. I sampled the Bernheim last weekend at Binny's and almost bought it. Dave, the spirits guy, described it as "husky". I don't think I've ever had a mostly wheat whiskey before.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.