What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Oscar,

That 131.8 Stagg is one of the best bourbons I have had the pleasure of tasting. There's a bar here in Brisbane that has it, and for $55 a nip, I don't know if I will be having any more!!

Nice work with that....is there more to be had?

Cheers

Scott

My brother returned from Spain today with a bottle of Deva Absenta for me. I don't know much about absinthe brands but this seems to be a decent mid-range brand so I'm looking forward to trying it out. He was in Catalonia to meet his girlfriends parents and wanted to bring a gift since he was staying at their house so he brought some wine. I insisted he bring some of America's finest as well so my dad gave him a bottle of '07 WLW to bring over. He was going to take an '07 GTS but since you're technically not supposed to bring that on a plane we figured he better not chance it, why give some TSA guy a freebie? Anyway, her dad seemed to enjoy the WLW, said it was very flavorful but also very potent (I don't think he watered it down or anything). :)

1.75L Old Weller Antique

1 750ml Weller Special Reserve

and I had to try some Tennessee Whisky-George Dickel 12:cool:

1.75L Old Weller Antique

1 750ml Weller Special Reserve

and I had to try some Tennessee Whisky-George Dickel 12:cool:

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

looks like a good day to me.:grin:

thanks to a generous SB.com friend, I had the pleasure of obtaining a bottle of 07 Stagg and 20 y/o Pappy Van Winkle. These are not readily available in my neck of the woods (Central Florida), so I was very happy.

Enjoyed the Pappy greatly and will break into the Stagg with my buddy this weekend.

George T Stagg 131.8 proof Spring 2005 outside KY.

I was lucky enough to be changing cd's and I could hear MR. UPS knock.

Oh, I was taking out Kasey Chambers "The Captain" and putting in The Steeldrivers debut self titiled cd and I heard the knock.

I feel very fortunate to get this. I came to the party a little late and I thought I'd never see a pre-Fall 2005 and now I have 5 of the 8 Stagg releases.

I am sure this is going to be excellant, so far my favorites of what I have had is the 130.9 Spring 2005 KY only (don't own it, I tasted it at Tony's) and the 129.0 2004.

With the 140.6 2006 being my least favorite, but hey, it was Stagg.

Nicely done. I too have one each of the Spring and Fall 2005 releases. I have yet to open them....if you happen to open your bottle anytime soon, please post some notes. Thanks.

Got the Willett 25yr tonight from BevMo... Going to do a 25yr comparison one of these nights....

Rock Hill Farms - needed to replace an empty.

Also got some Bruichladdich 10 yo and a bunch of older bottles of wine at half off (it may not have been stored in the best condition, and may be past its prime). So far, one bottle of Tuscan wine was quite good, and another Italian bottle was shot. Glad they were half off!

Oscar,

That 131.8 Stagg

....is there more to be had?

Cheers

Scott

Not from the source I got it from

I was fortunate enough to find two hard to find bottles. 1 Eagle Rare 17 '07 and 1 Thomas H. Handy '07. Haven't tried either....yet.

I Love the Handy. Haven't tried the ER 17 '07 but i know where there are a couple that i will pick up.

I did find a couple WT American Spirits.....very excited as I'm a big WT fan.

I also picked up a Maker's Mark, 2 Laphroaig 15 yr, 1 Laphroaig Signatory 7 yr.

I plan on buying Rittenhouse bib. I know it's not a bourbon, but I want to taste a rye so I can tell the difference between rye and wheat bourbons...

I plan on buying Rittenhouse bib. I know it's not a bourbon, but I want to taste a rye so I can tell the difference between rye and wheat bourbons...

Get a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel, it has the highest rye content of any bourbon. And a bottle of W L Weller Centennial, if you still find it or the Special Reserve and you'll be able to tell the difference between a wheater and a rye bourbon.

2 bottles of Willaim Larue Weller 129.9 proof from the 2006 BTAC.

I am so glad to get these, I passed on them when they were first released.

I got the original 2005 release and have never opened it hearing about the bad reviews of it, so I passed on the 2006.

Last fall I tried the 2007 and I love it and have heard that the 2006 was even better.

So better late than never I have a couple from 2006.

Not bourbon, but close enough...Lot No.40 showed up in the Swamp! and at only $20, too.

Got the Willett 25yr tonight from BevMo... Going to do a 25yr comparison one of these nights....

You need to post notes !!!!

(and send me some !!!!):grin:

George Dickel Cascade Hollow

Distilled in Tennessee, shipped to Virginia, driven to Ohio and found it's way to Michigan via government couriers.

Nice job all.

;) Thanks Thomas!

edit: Do we need to start a Spring/Summer 2008 thread for this subject?

What other 25 year old bourbon are you going to compare it too??? :cool:

2 bottles of Willaim Larue Weller 129.9 proof from the 2006 BTAC.

I am so glad to get these, I passed on them when they were first released.

I got the original 2005 release and have never opened it hearing about the bad reviews of it, so I passed on the 2006.

Last fall I tried the 2007 and I love it and have heard that the 2006 was even better.

So better late than never I have a couple from 2006.

You won't be disappointed, Oscar. You got some good juice there!

Scott

Over past couple of weeks:

2 - BHC Weller Centenniels

2 - BHC OC Prop Reserve

2 - BHC George Dickell

1 - Elmer T lee - Gold wax

2 - SW Louisville Weller 7 TO in fancy bottle

2 - 1.75l SW Louisville Weller 107 Antique

2 - 1.75l Louisville OC 10YO - left 15 of this sitting on the shelf in just one store

3 - ER 10YO 101

1 - WTKS - pewter top - several of these around

1 - EWSB from 1990

3 - WT RR 101

The bunker is growing....

Tonight I picked up 1 750ml of Weller 10 yo Centennial and 2 1.75L Old Weller Antique 107 . It was crazier yesterday with getting 1L Macafee's, 1 750 weller special reserve, buffalo trace, OGD 86proof, Old Forrester, and about 5 other bottles including Old Forrester b-day 2007. Some is for putting back to savior on some special occasion but most will be opened and drank after I drain others in my open drinking spot.

What other 25 year old bourbon are you going to compare it too??? :cool:

Pure Antique 25yr

Old St Nick 25yr

American Cowboy 25yr

Rare Perfection 25yr

Bourbon Valley 24yr

Martin Mills 24yr

Hard to find, but their out there

You need to post notes !!!!

(and send me some !!!!):grin:

You know it brother :icon_pidu:

... and tonight I got a bottle of Hancock's Presidetent's Reserve SB. Good, but not sure it is worth $50....

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!