What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

San Antonio still has some things on the shelves. Thanksgiving a year ago I found two Pappy 20's Green Glass alongside a Pappy 23 Green Glass within two miles of her house. Of course, I grabbed them all.

For the Lot B, the earliest is also in green glass bottled in L'burg. Then clear glass bottled in L'burg. Now clear glass bottled in Frankfort by BT. I don't know if there is a way to distinguish recent Lot B's from SW vs Bernheim.

Randy

money's tight right now, but I did pick up a Saz 6 yr and Buffalo Trace this week, $20 each.

Bevmo was doing a $10 off a $75 online purchase so over the course of two transactions I got 2 x GTS and 1 Fighting Cock, oh and a bottle of Shiraz. Did my best to keep it right above 75 to get the best bang for the buck!

Picked up 2 PVW15's. also a couple Sam Adams Triple Bock and a Goslings Bermuda Black, one of my fav rums.

Randy

An ETL and FRSmB to replace two recently departed. At the same time I found two more Weller Centennials for the bunker!

Saturday I picked up a Geo T Stagg and a VW Lot B. Haven't ever tried either one.

Sampled the Stagg last night. Impressive stuff.

Will be trying the VW Lot B tonight.

Saturday I picked up a Geo T Stagg and a VW Lot B. Haven't ever tried either one.

Sampled the Stagg last night. Impressive stuff.

Will be trying the VW Lot B tonight.

Excellent choices. I only recently started drinking Lot B, despite being a long time fan of the Pappy FR's 15/20/23.

I purchased a bottle of Old Grandad 114 proof today..Will try it tomorrow at my friends tavern..What can I expect here? Those of you who have tried it,do you like it? thoughts please..thanks..Don

A George T Stagg and a Very Special Old Fitzgerald... haven't tried either yet - wish they had a bottle of WLW though as far as BTAC go

I got a bottle of I W Harper Gold Medal, has the tax stamp ribbon over the top and neck but no info on it.

After I wiped the crusted dust off it I told the guy I'd give him ten bucks for it, he said, "sold."

I purchased a bottle of Old Grandad 114 proof today..Will try it tomorrow at my friends tavern..What can I expect here? Those of you who have tried it,do you like it? thoughts please..thanks..Don

Don,

I tried the OGD 114 at a friends bar, and I was very impressed. I really need to get a bottle for myself!

Scott

Today I picked up:

(2) OBG BIB

EWSB 1998

J.T.S. Brown BIB (great mixer @ $12/bottle).

Just got 'em in.

Two bottles of Weller Centennial 13 year old.

They were special bottles for Julio's Liquors in Westborough, MA.

They have several other special bottles.

Their website is;

www.juliosliquors.com

Phone 508-366-1942

Ryan is really cool, very helpful and is as enthusiastic about bourbon as us.

His number is 508-366-7380

Just got 'em in.

Their website is;

www.juliosliquors.com

Phone 508-366-1942

Thanks for the compliment! In honor of Oscar I bought a bottle of the Weller 13yr to drink tonight!

Ryan

Just got 'em in.

Their website is;

www.juliosliquors.com

Phone 508-366-1942

One of my favorites Oscar... I'm headed down to Julio's this weekend for more!

Just got back from making a run with a buddy down to Julio's and it was well worth the trip. Ryan gave us the red carpet treatment with 3 different bourbon tastings :drink:and some great stories and advice. He is very knowledgeable and really quite passionate about his spirits. Thanks again Ryan for everything - we had a great time, cheers! :toast:

My purchases today:

1 Parkers Heritage Cask Strength (122.6 proof - under Ryan's advisement)

2 PVW 15

3 Weller Centennial 13 year

1 ORVW 10/107

1 Plantation Grand RSV Rum

Hey James,

Thanks for coming by on sat. I had a great time talking to you guys. PM me when you're making another trip. Since, the topic is "what did you purchase today" I ended up buying a Rock Hill Farms we tried on sat. and took it to my cousin's st. patty's party. Big hit! My cousin and I spent the rest of the night hiding the bottle so "the masses" didn't drink it all!:grin:

Thanks again.

Ryan

Hey James,

I ended up buying a Rock Hill Farms we tried on sat. Big hit! My cousin and I spent the rest of the night hiding the bottle so "the masses" didn't drink it all!

I just got my first bottle of the RHF, and I think it's great. Very subtle, soft, and elegant. It reminds me of the ND era OGD 114.

I just got my first bottle of the RHF, and I think it's great. Very subtle, soft, and elegant. It reminds me of the ND era OGD 114.

Glad you like it man... I will go see if I can get more at that price :cool:

Today for me it was a bottle of Staggs... 05 vintage

A great bourbon day! Stopped into a store I haven't been in in several months and found a couple of things I've been looking for for some time, G Stagg and Van Winkle 13 yr Rye, both at pretty decent price points too, $55. & $40. Definitely look forward to sampling these! Tom

Picked up a Thomas Handy '07 for $48. Really looking forward to trying this one out.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!