What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2008

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey, me too!

It's my first encounter with the Bourbon Heritage Collection.

Nice work, it's a good one Traver! Let me know your thoughts on it! If you open it soon?

This week I picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace for $27. My first time trying it and it's a very nice rye recipe bourbon.

jbaker Quote "Old Grand-Dad 114. Wanna help place the year? Check out the other thread. I'm looking for any input to see when this might be from."

Which one is it "A", "B" or "C"! Then I can tell you if it's Old ND, Transitional ND or Jim Beam??

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7809&page=13

Look here these are the 3 bottles I currently have and or post a picture of what you got??

Tony

Was down at my favorite liquor store, in Eugene. There was a single bottle of PVW 15 on the shelf, which I grabbed. Learned they'd received six about three weeks ago, and this was the last. Apparently there are some serious bourbon drinkers in Eugene.

They were also down to two bottles each of OF BB (1994/2007) and Forty Creek Three Grain, so I grabbed one each of those.

Drinking the Birthday Bourbon right now. Never had this before (any release). Good juice.

Yay Old Forester BIB!

Thanks to stoopsie I now have a 1988 OFBIB. It's the bottle with the dimple sides. Great stuff.

Yesterday I was able to complete a trade that netted me an '04 GTS - one of my all-time favorites - and a Fall '05 GTS.

Thanks Dave!

Picked up some Pappy 20, Eagle Rare 10 yr, along with a Talisker 18yr and some wine.

Bought another bottle of ETL, this time for my son-in-law's birthday. He's been drinking WR & KC recently, so it will be something new for him to try.

-Joe

Weller 12 and WTRR Rye. Looking forward to the Turkey, took me a while to find it. Even the BevMo's in the area were just now getting it in stock.

Very, Very happy to Finally find an Old Crow BiB!!! I wish the label wasn't faded and all, but I am happy just to finally see one of these so I know it did in fact exist in this area.

post-1291-14489813930819_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14489813931232_thumb.jpg

Very, Very happy to Finally find an Old Crow BiB!!! I wish the label wasn't faded and all, but I am happy just to finally see one of these so I know it did in fact exist in this area.

ND Old Crow BIB is fine bourbon, Christian. Enjoy it!

...Thanks to stoopsie I now have a 1988 OFBIB. It's the bottle with the dimple sides. Great stuff.

"Stoopsie"'s a trouper, indeed! Howie, if you're looking in, think of you often and wish you wellness and good health. Cheers!:toast:

Christian,

Is there a bottle date? I have always thought the the Gov. warning started in 1989...this appears to be pre 1987, with the upc and Bib designations.

Still a really sweet pick up. Wish I had seen 'er. Can't wait for the taste report.

Christian,

Is there a bottle date? I have always thought the the Gov. warning started in 1989...this appears to be pre 1987, with the upc and Bib designations.

Still a really sweet pick up. Wish I had seen 'er. Can't wait for the taste report.

That is not the Government warning you may be thinking of, it is more a warning about the filling of the bottle as a bonded bourbon. There is an "83" on the bottom of the bottle Jeff.

That is not the Government warning you may be thinking of, it is more a warning about the filling of the bottle as a bonded bourbon. There is an "83" on the bottom of the bottle Jeff.

You are so right! :bigeyes:

I did not read it carefully. Well, it's still one of the best lookin' Crow's I've seen a picture of. I am being very patient about seeing one in person....I hope it happens someday.

I purchased OC Classic 90. Haven't tried it before and understand BT is stopping production. More expensive than I would have thought at about $18. Also some Weller Special Reserve, OGD 114 and some Old Overholt (though obviously not bourbon).

Found out that one of my two favorite liquor stores was going out of business. Hurried over after work and managed to pick up four bottles of ERSB 10/90 for $18.89 each, a bottle of WTRB for $24.49 and a bottle of RR 90 for $18.49. I also got eight wine/bourbon glasses for a dollar each. I made out like a bandit. Saved over $50.00. I pretty much wiped out all the bourbon they had left except for one more bottle of RR 90 and a whole bunch of JB Black. Wish I would have found out three weeks ago. They were the only store around here that had Lot B. Still, I'm pretty happy. Got some good stuff for myself and some that I can bring with me to the KBF. Gazebo here I come! Joe

Good score tonight. 2 2007 GTS, one Parker and a set of Cab Fran BTeX....

I finally found a 1.75 l bottle of EC12. Bought that sucker without much hesitation. EC12 is still one of the few whiskeys that is cheaper in Michigan than elsewhere.

I also picked up a 1.75 l of Weller SR in Kentucky. I swear, between these two bourbons, I could be a happy, happy guy for a really long time.

I purchased a 1965 Old Fitz from a sb.com member here. I cannot await its arrival.

Geb

I just so happened to be in the neighborhood so I stopped at the Fern Valley Liquor Barn in Louisville today.

I went in looking for FRsingleB120th and Old Charter 101.

They had neither so I picked up,

2 FRsingleB

1 FR yellow label

1 Dickel Barrel Select

Grabbed a couple of bottles of PHC to bunker. Also grabbed a bottle of OC 101 (what cheap-looking packaging!)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!