So what is everyone smoking?

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just smoked one of the best-rolled cigars I've had in a long time...a Montecristo half corona. The roll was so good on this 4.5-inch cigar that it took 40 minutes to smoke. Tremendous even, slow burn with a great ash.

Took a time out last night to smoke a La Gloria Trunk Show 2001 Liga 6 and paired with a Sam Smith Nut Brown Ale. The cigar was average to me but the beer was outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

The weather hasn't exactly been conducive to stepping outside for a smoke; I do have some Cuban Cohibas that need to be introduced to some Kentucky Culture.

But with 9 1/2 inches on the ground, temps to go sub-zero tonight, 1-2 inches tomorrow and "another winter storm" Sunday night and Monday it may be a while before I get a smoke break :cry:

post-6301-14489817103237_thumb.jpg

post-6301-14489817103638_thumb.jpg

Last evening I enjoyed a 2007 RA Small Club Corona... great little tres petit packed with spice and earthiness.

I had a SLR Serie A yesterday. I believe the cigar had several years of age but don't know the exact vintage as it was in my singles drawer.

Good rich flavors

I had a SLR Serie A yesterday. I believe the cigar had several years of age but don't know the exact vintage as it was in my singles drawer.

Good rich flavors

Great cigar and one that is often overlooked...

Yesterday, I smoked a Drew Estate Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig. I read a lot of comments indicating that they are outstanding. Apparently, I am reading the wrong sites. These cigars are not readily available in my area and they are expensive. After delivering my tax information to my CPA, I rewarded myself by stopping at a new cigar shop. They had the Flying Pig and I bought one for about $13.50.

It is very solid and has an unusual shape. It is a little over 4 inches, about a 60 ring gage, and has a pigtail. The wrapper is very dark and oily with few veins. It had an easy draw with plenty of smoke. There was lots of flavor with sweet chocolate being predominant. Burn was uneven and required a few touch ups. In addition, I had to relight it a few times. At the last third, it was burning a bit hot and flavors were subdued.

Overall, this cigar is full bodied with nice flavors but over priced. The burn problems may have been related to storage problems at the shop.

Tonight I smoked a San Cristobal Oficios followed by a Partagas Charlotte (Carlota), concluding with a Ramon Allones RE Phoenicia (SP?). Frankly all were a bit disappointing although the Partagas was remarkably strong given its vintage (1998).

Weather yesterday was somewhat mild (45 deg) so took advantage of above freezing weather and enjoyed a Alec Bradley Tempus

Smoked an Alec Bradley Maxx Brazil yesterday. Excepting the Select Cabinet Reserve I haven't been overly impressed with AB smokes.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday the temps here reached 70, so I went out on the back deck and introduced one of my little Cuban friends (Cohiba Maduro V) to a little Kentucky culture (broke the seal on my 2010 GTS) all I can say is OMG:bigeyes:

La Gloria Cubana Gold Medal No.1.

Good choice. I enjoy these on a regular basis. Perfect Spring flavor profile in my opinion.

First cigar in awhile, but it was a great evening on the deck last night and a Padron 2000 and Pappy 15 made it better.

• 1 month later...

Right now I'm smoking a Montesino, a little known brand that's part of the Arturo Fuente portfolio. Connecticut shade wrapper, Dominican filler. Overall, it's a pretty mild smoke, with a relatively-short finish. Very gentle sweetness, a hint of spice. If you like Don Diego, you will want to try these. I think they're comparable price points, too. I'm pairing it with a delightful glass of Blanton's Single Barrel. Quite enjoyable.

I'll be stepping up to an Arturo Fuente Magnum R Rosado (Vitola 58) after I finish the Montesino. I will likely pair that with something a little bolder, like Four Roses Single Barrel.

Upmann Lonsdale from the late 90's.. one of the classics from a past era....

I'll be stepping up to an Arturo Fuente Magnum R Rosado (Vitola 58) after I finish the Montesino. I will likely pair that with something a little bolder, like Four Roses Single Barrel.

Well, I finished the Fuente Magnum. It was definitely a different animal than the Montesino. For starters, the ring gauge was bigger, so the smoke was very big and full. Secondly, the finish was longer and spicier. The nice thing about it, though, was the very smooth draw, which is surprising in a cigar of this magnitude. I'll definitely be buying one of these again, and soon!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!