So what is everyone smoking?

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

La Gloria Cubano Wavell Natural ........ hard to beat this as a solid "go to" cigar... always good and always a great value.

• 4 weeks later...

Last night smoked a Puros Indios that came in the cigar club. average smoke at best, wouldn't go out and buy any. from the same club, sampled a Torano Fortress last weekend and it was fantastic! I'll be looking for more of those to pack away.

Smoked a Xicar HC tonight, compliments of Vosgar, which was very good. Thanks Gary.

Joe :usflag:

Beautiful evening last night.... relaxed with one of my favorite cigars... 2009 Upmann Magnum 48 EL. This was an over looked cigar when released and is one of the best EL's released. Packed with flavor, rich creamy smoke and a wonderful finish make this a fantastic 45 minute smoke. The construction and wrappers are perfect....

post-1354-14489817303531_thumb.jpg

another nice night tonight, got to squeeze in a cigar between grilling/eating dinner and later night activities...a Fuentes Hemingway Masterpiece Maduro...haven't seen them often around here, try to pick a few up when I see them in PA/NJ. same shape as a Short Story, but larger, and come in both natural and maduro wrappers. this one tasted a little rougher than usual- maybe the tobacco hadn't aged quite enough. still, a very nice shorter smoke for a great evening.

Upmann Peit Corona this evening... classic smoke that seems to have taken a back seat to all the huge cigars and special releases.

HdM Des Dieux 2002 last evening... always a great reach for smoke....

Finish up judging a BBQ contest in Annapolis and enjoyed a 1998 Punch Corona.... delicious, sweet, classic Punch flavor.... truly a forgotten cigar...

Every time I see this subject in the new posts, I parse it as "Man, y'all are so strange, you must all be smokin' some wacky tobaccy." :cool:

Just a plain old Monte #4 from 2007... never disappoints, always available...

A short stubby Kristoff maduro. Packed a punch for a little guy. Good flavor.

Had an Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Short Story this evening. I hadn't smoked a cigar in a long time, and it was fun one with which to get reacquainted, although a little too short of a smoke.

I need some suggestions of cigars try, easily available, and not too heavy of a smoke. I also prefer shorter smokes to longer ones. Any thoughts?

Had an Arturo Fuente Hemminway Short Story this evening. I hadn't smoked a cigar in a long time, and it was fun one with which to get reacquainted, although a little too short of a smoke.

I need some suggestions of cigars try, easily available, and not too heavy of a smoke. I also prefer shorter smokes to longer ones. Any thoughts?

Try a Punch Champion, price is good, bigger than a Short Story and easy to find. If you enjoy the SS you may want to try an AF work of art or a Best Seller, both are bigger.

Tony

You know, I am not a smoker, but every time I see this thread in my new posts list I just can't help to burst in laughter. In a good way seriously...

Dude WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING!!?!?!?

Sorry it just ... ya know brings a smile to my face.

I can appreciate a good cigar but I don't really partake in it often unless the occasion arises. Sort of like drinking champagne, I mean you should have it more often but it's always a celebratory thing most of the time.

I remember buying Cuban stuff up in Canada growing up and having fun with it back in the day. But the last time I had a cigar, I was out at a bachelor party here and having a good time:

http://www.shellysdc.com/

Place stays open late too, but dam I was hoping they had better bourbon I was really hoping to have some Pappy Van Winkle that night at the place. Can't remember what I had though...

Hey Jack, check out the La Aroma de Cuba line, they are carried almost everywhere, are reasonably priced and are a good middle of the road smoke. Anything by Padron can be counted on to be good, and white label Monte Cristos are nice if you like a little milder smoke. All these are easily found, won't break the bank, and come in a variety of sizes. A good cigar shop can usually make some good recommendations if you give them a few examples of what you like.

2004 Cohiba Coronas Especiales.... a very nice size for a warm evening...Laguito #2. The CE is one of the under appreciated stars in the Cohiba lineup... and rarely if ever counterfeited... so a safe pick if you see them while vacationng in the Caribbean...

Ramon Allones Short Club Corona last evening with friends... a never fail tres petit....

smoked an enormous Mark Twain golfing on Saturday. never seen one before, it came in the cigar club. good smoke for the occasion, probably 8 inches long or a little more, burned well and stayed lit when put down to make a shot. strong at first then leveled out to a decent long smoke.

Enjoyed a Viaje - Tower Cigars 45th Ann. which was gifted to me... excellent cigar in every way... tasty, complex and a great finish....

Maria Mancini corona gifted to me by the "dog".... surprisingly good smoke it a gorgeous wrapper. Good tobacco flavor, good balance, decent complexity and a respectable finish. For the price a great value!!

To answer the original question, a little bit of everything.

I've always enjoyed a cigar, but never had them often enough to really be able to evaluate what I liked. The local smoke shop is going out of business, and all cigars are 50% off. I got two of about a dozen different cigars regualrly priced from $2-$12, and plan on taking some notes so I can identify what suits me and finally fully develop another vice.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!