What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today I got to try a new Southern Comfort Product we have down here, it's called Southern Comfort Reserve. Gary mentioned finding it duty free about 4 years ago, and it seems it has made it's way down under!

It's Southern Comfort that has been blended with 6yo Old Forester.

I am by no means a fan of Southern Comfort, but this was very easy to drink, and had a very clean finish.

It should be priced around the same price as JD.

Scott

Had a late night jam session at an abandoned church
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

So what do you play?

Both instrument and kind of music.

Anyway to click to a 'net link to hear anything?

fall is falling.....3 more weeks or so to go....man, a shame it's cloudy out there! i wanted to sip something in the backyard and see this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20081128/sc_space/spectacularskyscenemondayevening

anyways, i'll just close my eyes and imagine the crescent moon and venus and jupiter...and keep on sipping this OGD114 for the moon...and some Rare Breed for Venus....and....Van Winkle 12 for jupiter

Julio's RHF with just a splash of Sierra Mist. Man does that bring out the flavors.:yum: Joe

After surviving a large RIF at work and then bowling well, a couple of good sized pours of WT101 helped me ease back to reality.

Enjoying my VOB 90 tonight. A few nights ago, I had Weller12.

At one point, I mixed the two, and I think it had flavors not in either. I'm going to have to try that again.

Well, I was forced to crack a bottle of Eagle Rare '08... for the bar at work of course. I gotta say, it was terrific. A much longer finish than I recall from previous years. Almost sweet fruit / cherries on the tail end. Body was fat, and the flavors were just nicely balanced for nice depth. The nose had everything I love about Stagg. That vanilla/maple syrup I wanna pour you on my pancakes kinda thang. Think I'm gonna buy one soon. Then, I had a Tequilla Manhattan. Suprisingly delicious. Partida anejo with some terrific Italian sweet vermouth. The , I Finished with a Great Lakes X-mas Ale. Glad to hear you made it through that RIF Scott. :cool:

That'd be great. Slowly but surely, I think the whole '08 BTAC will end up being behind the bar - - hopefully all at the same time. Fingers crossed.:grin:

Working at home today so started a little early. Early 80's IW Harper 86p and a '59 Old Forester BIB.:drink:

Wild Turkey Rare Breed, neat.

You love those turkeys, don't you O ?????:grin:

I have had some Old Fitz BIB 1990 and WT old #8 from 1992.

Makes me want to put on my Nirvana cd !!!!:grin:

We've been busy through the first part of the week...I relaxed a bit with VOB bib last night, and we had a morning Christmas Party with about 80 clients where they were pouring mimosas. (bourbon is lots better, but it was still early, the party was from 7:30am-9:30am)

-Joe

You love those turkeys, don't you O ?????:grin:

I have had some Old Fitz BIB 1990 and WT old #8 from 1992.

Makes me want to put on my Nirvana cd !!!!:grin:

Which one?

I have a lot of favorites from Nirvana.

Number one probably being, "Son Of A Gun" from the Incesticide album/cd.

From the Muddy banks of the Wishka !!!!:grin:

Oh, by the way, I am having Old fitz and Makers Mark right now.

And maybe a member of the Indy Bourbon League will stop by for a sampling of the Birds stash.......:skep:

I can't belive it, it's mid-week and I am doing Parker's Heritage Collection 2008, neat.

Yeah,...uhm yes,... what recession?

Old Fitz BIB DSP KY1. Good and good for you.

Nice Greg!

I am having some Eagle Rare 101 L'Burg again, great winter bottle!

Next up Old Fitz BIB DSP KY16 from 1972.

Tony

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!