What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ORVW 10yr. 107.... Rich, dense, chewy and sweet. I wish I had some dark chocolate to nibble on while drinking it.

This weekend I opened a bottle of Knob Creek, which I haven't had for a few years. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Then got well acquainted with WTRB, I simply love this stuff!!

Scott

Hey Joe,

Where do you find OHH 100 proof BIB? I have never seen that here in Chicago. (Nor have I seen other HH BiBs such as Dowling's DeLuxe.)

I remember a package store with a green color scheme; I haven't been to the Rockford area for about ten years and I don't recall its name, but it's on a northbound state highway in the direction of Love's Park.

I think that some strange dude recommended it to him at KBF. :pope:

IIRC, he needed one more inexpensive bottle to qualify for a free t-shirt.

(incidentally, I like spending other people's money)

Mike, Scott's right. I needed one more bottle to get my full discount/free t-shirt from Liquor World in Bardstown, while at the KBF. Thank's Ox.:lol: The only HH I've seen in Rockford is the HH Ultra Deluxe aged 36 months. Joe

Mike, Scott's right. I needed one more bottle to get my full discount/free t-shirt from Liquor World in Bardstown, while at the KBF. Thank's Ox.:lol: The only HH I've seen in Rockford is the HH Ultra Deluxe aged 36 months. Joe

Damn. HH needs better distribution in Illinois.

Also, I may have remembered the name of the Rockford liquor store...I'm wanting to say it's called The Bottle Shop, but not entirely sure.

Mike, The one I think you're talking about is House Of Bottles. Big green sign. There was another store there that closed a while back. Cork And Bottle. Joe

I'm giving a Benchmark 86 proof with a bottle date of 81 a new lease on life. Unfortunately I don't think it'll be a long life because it's pretty tasty.

I'm giving a Benchmark 86 proof with a bottle date of 81 a new lease on life. Unfortunately I don't think it'll be a long life because it's pretty tasty.

Very nice !!! Did you find that around town. I have one and LOVE it !!!!

I have been having some Old Fitz 1997 watching football:grin:

Coca Cola...the real stuff with actual sugar...

That's usually only available around Passover. Where'd you find it?

I'm having WT101 Rye. There's something about this expression that hits me in the throat. I've tried adding water and tonight I added 4 small cubes and it still hits me wrong. That sucks since I really like the nose on it, but it will have to be relegated to ginger ale duty from now on.

In the Mexican food section of my local grocery (product of Mexico)

It's good to know that you get your Coke from Mexico. :slappin:

Yeah, the Mexican Coke is made with real sugar and so is Dublin Dr. Pepper. We only drink sodas made with real sugar in my house.

Last Night I had Springbank 10 year old, Ritt BIB , and a Bourbon County stout. Yum. The Stout and Rye were great together.

Yesterday afternoon watching two great NFL games...Eagles-Giants &

Cowboys-Steelers I enjoyed PVW 15.

-Joe

I have bottles from '74, '78 and '85. I've opened one of the '78's and it's very good. Not overly complex but tasty nonetheless.

Tonight, I'm enjoying my Old Forester 86p from 1983.

I consider myself very fortunate to have access to older bourbons such as Benchmark, Old Fitz and Old Forester. I love the older bourbons which I find to be richer and have more depth for the most part. I actually forgot I had the handle of Old Forester as it was sitting on the top shelf of the pantry all the way in the back. So, when I remembered it was up there...down it came.

Started early today with some Saz 18 and a Fuente Short Story. Still early to move on to something else.

after a WTRB neat as well, i made dinner, poured the remaining Limited Edition 7UP Pomegranate (!)....and then i thought, hmmm, anti-cocktail guy that i am (well, i like them on occasion...), let me throw a bit of this less-satisying (though still mind-blowing) OGD114 in...

wow...unique. i think next time, i'll throw a bit of bitters in...this was a surprise hit.

i had two.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!