What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Weller Antique. One good drink before hitting the sack. :skep: Okay...maybe two. Joe

Yesterday it was Saz junior, VOB 12Y and ORVWFRR B and also a Swedish micro Christmas beer and a Russian imperial stout from Stone.

Leif

Finisdhed up the night with a short pour of Colonel Lee.

-Joe

Hey Joe, I never have opened mine.

Tell me what it is like.

Right now I am having the last pour of my Binny's #2 Four Roses Single Barrel, as always neat.

Rebel Yell from '85 at 90p. All I have is a 1/2 pint and it's on its last pour. Wish I had more.:frown:

Rebel Yell from '85 at 90p. All I have is a 1/2 pint and it's on its last pour. Wish I had more.:frown:

Quick Question: Anyone seen and/or tried any of the Rebel Reserve as of yet? Saw it for the first time last weekend.....but, I am months behind and this may be old news now.

As for tonite: another cold rainy night calls for rye and more rye.....starting with Ritt BIB followed by Saz Jr. and if I'm lucky, I'll be able to finish both of those dying bottles and open one of my new VWFRR!

I had my pappy 15, followed by some 14 year old Bernheim, and then topped off with Alpha Klaus. Most pleasant.

no bourbon tonight. yet, at least....

for now, it's SARANAC.

just bought the new winter case....it has a nice mix:

belgian ale

ESB

IP(brown)A

Season's Best

bohemian pilsener

vanilla stout

so far, had the pilsener and working on the stout. not quite a Guinness (especially with regards to that velvety, micro-suds action as it is poured!), but actually quite close and about as impressive as that recent Lancaster Brewing Milk Stout i had last week.

might sip a small (small) pour of EC12 and watch the collision

Last night started with JD Silver Select. Then went to Rip Van Winkle Handmade Bourbon. I finished with Weller Cent. I think the Weller Cent. was the star performer.

I'm doing a side by side by side

the three are

'07 Parker's Heritage Collection 122.6 prf

and the same cut to 98 prf

and '08 PHC 96 prf 27yo.

Last year I picked the cut over the uncut.

But now I favor the full 122.6, you get more carmel and burnt brown sugar,

when cut to 98 it brings out that HH mint.

The '08 96prf is the same whiskey, (well duh),

but I prefer it to the cut '07

I would like to know the age of the '07.

That sounds good!

I've got a Martini. Mixed gins, some vodka, a whisper of Martini vermouth. It has an orange overtone from some Beefeater Orange in there. It's very good but I'm going to add some orange bitters now, for an extra (and historical) flourish.

Gary

A Sweetwater Brewery 2008 Festive Ale. Dynamite stuff! Followed by a Buffalo Trace. Now off to poker.

I popped into my favorite store tonight and talked with the owner about business. I asked if he had tried the BTAC yet. He said he had a bottle open right now and led me back to his office for a shot of GTS. Oh goodness that was a taste of heaven. It was the oldest, most expensive, highest proof bourbon I had ever had. Amazing.

My buddy Hogben came up tonight with some cases of Four Roses Single Barrel. It's really nice stuff, the sticker on the side of the bottle says, Selected by and Bottled for, Tony Curtis and Oscar V Hightower.

We were invited to do a Barrel selection on October and had the pleasure of Hanging with Barrel_Proof (Cliff) and his son (Carson), who were down having a boys week in Louisville...nothing beats drinking good bourbon with folks from SB.com!! Thanks Cliff it was a great day.

We selected a barrel and then went and had lunch in Bardstown with Jim Rutledge and Patty, also very fun.

Anyway back on topic we are drinking some of the selected Four Roses, yeah it's really nice! We had it with some Grilled T-Bones that we encrusted with Blue Cheese.

After dinner we are having some 1972 Old Fitz BIB. May wrap up the evening with some old Eagle Rare 101!

Cheers,

Tony

Shipyard Prelude Ale followed by Old Forester 86. Good beer, but I can't abide the OF....this whiskey is drab.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!