What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am taking for a spin a few I've not tried before:

Old Forester 86 (More 'Oldie' than 'Goody')

Very Special Old Fitzgerald (special indeed an changing my feeling about wheaters -- they all should be 12yr)

WLWeller SR 7yr -- this snuck up on me, I thought it was only ok at first, but now we are running away together. I'll send a postcard....

Cough syrup isn't working, so I'm giving Weller 12 a spin to see if I can get a good night's sleep.

Had a good day at work, (for a change) and a good night bowling. Having some Weller SR before calling it a night. Joe

Just returned from farewell dinner for the Brigade Commander; dinner wasn't bad but the bar had no Bourbon:hot: I am now home enjoying PVW15:grin:

Just returned from farewell dinner for the Brigade Commander; dinner wasn't bad but the bar had no Bourbon:hot: I am now home enjoying PVW15:grin:

How can it be called a Bar with no bourbon?

Started with Yalumba's Antique Tawny... Great stuff everytime.

Now the last couple ounces left in the Rock Hill Farms. This is seriously good whiskey that doesn't get discussed much.

RIP RHF

Now the last couple ounces left in the Rock Hill Farms. This is seriously good whiskey that doesn't get discussed much.

Cough syrup isn't working, so I'm giving Weller 12 a spin to see if I can get a good night's sleep.

Hmmmm..... I think I feel a cough coming on.

Nice Scott.

Had a healthy pour of Wathens Single Barrel - 2/17/06 barrel #215. That last pour was great.

The bottles are falling like dominoes. Last night was the Rock Hill Farms, and tonight I witness the death of two fine specimens: a Sazerac 18 and a Yalumba Antique Tawny. I have another Saz in the backup rotation, so no worries there. But if I don't make some more room I'm never gonna have a place for this years BTAC, which has assumed a cozy spot on the floor until further notice.

Must keep chugging, so to speak. This is no time for quitters! :lol:

Back at AA preferred blend. I gotta say, this stuff is dangerous with a diet coke. At 80 proof, I kinda feel like I'm drinkin water, then Whammo!!! Toasted and unaware that the windchill is down to 6! This may turn into a night of Laphroaig and fried chicken after a good start with the AA.:grin:

Right now...Cherry Coke. Later on....dunno....maybe some Saz 18 for this cold and snowy day.

Putting up the outdoor Christmas Decorations on a very chilly evening. Great fire going in the outdoor fireplace. Bama and Gators on the tube. Pappy 15, EC 12, and Willett 22 yr rye in the glass. :yum:

A tasting of OF Repeal Bourbon to start, and now some OHH 100 proof BIB. Joe

Had some Clynelish 14 and Macallan 12 earlier today to cut through the flem after a walk in the cold. They hit the spot.

Right now am drinking OGD 114 from National Distillery, 1982. Very nice, spicy stuff. THIS is whiskey.

Topping off a 60 hour work week a generous pour of the Toddy's Willett 7/124 bottling.

It doesn't quite have the complexity of this years Stagg, but I love how the flavors peel back layer by layer

I didn't have anything special, just a couple of double Maker's Mark on the rocks. Was attending my wife's company Christmas party and the cash bar whiskey choices were Maker's, Beam WL, Crown, and Seagrams 7. Seriously, did I really have a choice?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!