What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Summer 2009

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

some Buffalo Trace tonight.

I hate when that happens. There is a bar in Galesburg ILL. called Big John's Silver Dollar Saloon. When he's behind the bar he measures every pour. Plus, the man doesn't exactly have the gift of gab. He's sort of surly.

Best Bar name ever. And his personality seems appropriate!

Sat out on the front porch with my son and enjoyed a cigar and some '85 Old Overholt.

W L Weller Centennial Whitehouse Liquor Barrel #1, neat.

Nothing like some good weller... I am drinking some OGD BIB, 1956-1960...

... I am drinking some OGD BIB, 1956-1960...

That's gotta be nice!

Where did you get it from?

Finished those off, so moved on to some WT rye, delicious stuff.

Last night was EWSB '97 which I now know was made at Beam - Thanks Chuck! Been open a few weeks and has improved markedly. The taste and finish are stepping up to the plate and delivering on the promise from the nose now.

I got a bottle of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve for my Birthday the other night.

Never had it before.

Loved it...drank half the bottle, and I didn't feel that bad the next day either! :grin:

Currently enjoying some Weller SR (Everett's single barrel) neat. Bottle's been open for quite a while, but those apple notes are still there! Had '99 EWSB earlier...being open and getting a breath here and there has done good things for that bottle. It's interesting how the flavors evolve as the whiskey interacts with the air in the bottle.

Well. Now I'm gonna have to work on drinking some Handy, and perhaps some gts '08.

fighting cock...............

There's one you won't pour down the sink go ahead and try it, it will jump up and kick your butt down the sink :slappin:

There's one you won't pour down the sink go ahead and try it, it will jump up and kick your butt down the sink :slappin:

naw half a bottle later I am still waiting for the kicking and I am all out :grin:

Had an impromptu gathering of a group of friends we get together with occasionally. Started with JB White and Coke at dinner. Afterwards at our friends house, I had JB Black and Coke. The JB Black and Coke was better. Finished off the night at home with a pour of Pappy 20. A pretty good night, if I do say so myself. Joe

For Fathers Day, I gonna pour some EW BIB 100 proof, (White label). Just found it last week for $12. Never had it... Hopefully it's a good bargin pour.

Any tasting comments?

Rob

For Fathers Day, I gonna pour some EW BIB 100 proof, (White label). Just found it last week for $12. Never had it... Hopefully it's a good bargin pour.

Any tasting comments?

Rob

Spent Fathers day with my family and father. My generous brother brought along an '08 ER 17. I hadn't tried this one yet (even though I have one bunkered) and really enjoyed it. All in all, a good day.

Its a great value pour in my opinion, not super complex but big bold bourbon flavor, i like to have a bottle around all the time

Good call. But being so hard to find, I expected more. Is it easy to find in VA? I'd write a review but you nailed it. Thanks. I'm still going to keep a bottle around.

Rob

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!