What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Summer 2009

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Top just jumped out of a fresh Saz. Jr.

Ohh how I've missed thee.

You bet, Robert. That rye is tops. Besides some of the barrel proof ryes, and maybe the VW ryes, all other ryes pale in comparison. And, only 25 bucks!!!!

Heh, yeah Joe. I'm in love with Rye.

To this point it goes like this:

VWFRR

HANDY

Saz Jr.

Ritt BIB

Thankfully I have a decent supply of each.

A small pour of ER. I think I'm ready for another pour, it's one of those raw, damp, foggy nights here. Almost no sun for three weeks here, rain almost every day. All my hot pepper plants are in greivous peril. Already lost my first planting, second batch is looking a little peeked. Fortunately I had a bumper crop last year, all dried and ready to grind. Enough prattle, back to whiskey. Here goes.

Cheers!

Returned last night from Orlando and even though I brought a flask of AAA 10 year, I had little opportunity to sit and enjoy. Too much going on. Tonight though I took the opportunity to sit down and catch up with an '88 Old Forester BIB. That with a nice cigar and a cool July evening made a great end to a productive day.

Last night i sat down in a comfortable chair with a VW10yo 107 in hand and watched 'The Hustler' starring Paul Newman while he ordered a J. T. S. Brown, No ice, no glass. Classic stuff. :P

Lot B and OWA to bad I can't get these here will have to stock up when I travel

Lot B and OWA to bad I can't get these here will have to stock up when I travel

We have those here, I have not picked up the OWA yet- how does it compare to the Lot B?

After a few steaks on the grill and firing up the smoker, I'm relaxing with a pour of WTKS pewter top.

Last night, two pours of Pappy 15. I just love this stuff.

This week, some ORVW 10/107 and some BTAC WLWeller.

Started the night with AA moved on to RR10/90 and ended with RHF.

Yesterday I had OGD 114 before outdoor grilling and WT 8 export with the grilled pineapple with ice cream for dessert.

Leif

I just bought a bottle of W L Weller Special Reserve for $18.00. Tonight I plan to try it out. I've never had it before, but it seems highly rated on this site. I'll let you guys know.Tony DVC

Last night finished off my EWSB 1997. This was the best year that I have had from this line so far. Going out tomorrow to pick-up the 1999 hopefully it will be just as good if not better!

For a while I've been having the same routine. A pour of WTRR90, rinse the glass (usually), and then a pour of Rare Breed. Like they say at McDonalds - I'm lovin' it. I'm not good at or inclined to describe flavors but the Rare Breed has an extra dimension that is very interesting.

Sitting here in my dark air-conditioned cave avoiding the Texas summer sun...

Trying very hard not finish my 750 of Old Fitz BiB...

(just with a a couple small shards of bottled water ice in it.)

So damn tasty! (for the price.)

My wife and I spent a few days over on the west side of the state last week. We say a couple of wild turkeys while over there. I must say they can be an impressive sight. So, I had a couple of Wild Turkey 12 to celebrate the sightings.

I did have EC12 before dinner and ORVWFRR with the coffee after yesterday. Since I did overeat a bit I did have a big fernet branca before bedtime to settle down my stomach as well.

Leif

Old Fitz BIB, better than the last Heaven Hill whiskey I had which was FC.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!