What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Summer 2009

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm trying to drink through several open bottles (to make room for more:cool: ), so last night I had a couple of pours of Old Crow. Unfortunately it didn't taste that good, so I had to mix it with some coke zero :skep:

I haven't had any whiskey since last Sunday, so today I went through the liquor cabinet on a tear . . . . at first it took a while for me to get acclimated . . . tasted like my first taste of whiskey ever . . .

so, I hit the Weller 12, followed by some EC12, then OWA 107, Weller 12 & Weller Centennial (Whitehouse) . . . very nice to be back . . .

After working in the yard in 95 degree heat and then working out, I had to offset the positive health benefits. Knocked off a fair amount or Eargle Rare 10 yr and Elmer T lee. I love both of these.

Opened a new bottle of BT. I didn't enjoy it as much as my last bottle, for some reason. I'll see if that changes with the next few pours.

Nothing tonight... because last night was BTAC WLW08, Stagg 08, Lot B and Pappy 20.

Sad to say, I see too many retail consumers who simply walk into the liquor stores here and quickly, almost reflexively, grab one of these two down off the shelf without looking at anything else. :(

Yea i see that all the time people walk in go straight to the beam white and pay and leave, some times this happens several times before i can make a decesion on what i want to buy

Old Grand-Dad BIB, neat.

I needed a break from the OGD 114, that stuff makes me talk to myself.

Not that that is a bad thing but I felt I needed to come up for air, you know like Sugar Magnolia.

Me and my lady partner had WT 8 export with ice! I can count the times I have had bourbon on ice on the fingers of one of my hand, but it is hot as hell here for Swedish conditions. Bad? No not at all, it was real nice!

Leif

The BOTM, RR 10/90. The more I have this, the more it grows on me. Joe

Had a nice pour of Woodford Reserve tonight...it's been a while since I had some. At first taste it was a little harsh on the finish...it got much better as I let it sit in the glass for a while. This was a new bottle and the first pour off it.

Old Heaven Hill BIB 1990 . . . there's something strange about this, but it's opening up a little . . . complex, subtle flavors, but harsh delivery.

My neighbor across the street invited me over to have a look at his Air conditioner that was acting up. We started talking about stuff and next thing I know he pulls out a handle of JW Dant (vintage '64 if I read the bottom right). 80 pr 10 yo. Man, that was some really nice stuff. Full of maple and a lovely finish.

I'm gonna have to start hangin' out with this guy a bit more ;-)

Had a little Old Forester BIB and a squirt of Weller SR last night....

I had a Weller SR and an OWA last night.

The SR has been open for about 12 days and has opened up a bit. The OWA wasnt tasting so good and I nursed it forever.

I think I was having an off palette day.

WTRR 10/90 followed by WTRR Rye both of these are great products I just wish they were cheaper here.

I'm having a 2006 WLW on the deck tonight.

a cool, crisp breeze..... and a glass full of FIRE !!!!!:grin:

I'm having a 2006 WLW on the deck tonight.

a cool, crisp breeze..... and a glass full of FIRE !!!!!:grin:

An '06 WLarueW?...

Sounds nice, I have been nipping at the '07 this afternoon.

Some Charter 101, its ok but the alcohol taste/smell kinda dominates

Makers, VSOF 12, Julio's Weller Centennial, and now joining Scott with some WLW 2008.

Cracked open a bottle of Evan Williams BIB White Label. An absolutey fantastic $11 bourbon. Interestingly enough, I'm getting that yeasty Beamish tinge to it. That, with the 100 proof, and a little age...is goooooood!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!