Jefferson's Reserve Presidential Select 17yr

BengalMan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Spun-

I hope to have an answer shortly as to batch size. I know that the Jefferson, Jefferson Reserve (Mclain and Kyne) bottle is in very small batches of 8 -12 barrels. So if they are using this same method than 7 batches would be around 2571 bottles per batch (more or less). How many bottles come out of a standard bourbon barrel (240 approx??) that would be 10 barrels per batch.

I will post actual info as soon as I receive it.

Spun-

I hope to have an answer shortly as to batch size. I know that the Jefferson, Jefferson Reserve (Mclain and Kyne) bottle is in very small batches of 8 -12 barrels. So if they are using this same method than 7 batches would be around 2571 bottles per batch (more or less). How many bottles come out of a standard bourbon barrel (240 approx??) that would be 10 barrels per batch.

I will post actual info as soon as I receive it.

The older Jefferson Reserve..the 15yr...had 2400 bottles per batch.

These batches are probably the same amount or close. I received bottle #2397 of batch 3 and low bottle numbers of batch 4. I assume that there is a maximum number of barrels that can be dumped at one time. So each batch ,in theory, could be slightly different in character.

I tried this one again last night, and my impression has changed significantly. This pour was much better than I remembered it being. The oak is prevalent, but I found a nice profile under the oak and the finish is weak, but not entirely absent.

To be honest, I was really unhappy about having three bottles of this one until last night.

I tried this one again last night, and my impression has changed significantly. This pour was much better than I remembered it being. The oak is prevalent, but I found a nice profile under the oak and the finish is weak, but not entirely absent.

To be honest, I was really unhappy about having three bottles of this one until last night.

I really anticipated you liking the JRPS on the second time around a bit more then the first...same with your Pappy 15. Wheaters tend to get better once they have been opened and had some time to breath! Revisit your Pappy 15 too and let us know what you think! :)

I really anticipated you liking the JRPS on the second time around a bit more then the first...same with your Pappy 15. Wheaters tend to get better once they have been opened and had some time to breath! Revisit your Pappy 15 too and let us know what you think! :)

I'll do that soon! Tomorrow I'll have a new Pappy 15 to replace the tainted bottle.

JRPS was produced in 6 packs and 3000 cases were produced. So thats 18000 bottles. They do have more and are looking at producing an 18 yr next year. Hope this helps.

An 18 yo? Great... even more oak

I can confirm batch 7. Saw it today on the shelves, passed on it for $100 and got two Pappy 15s for $55 each.

where did you see pappy15 for $55? Or at least what locality?

jeez. meanwhile, kinda whising i could make that trade right now. would even do it for two bottles of 12B. not somuch feeling the JPRS. Definitely not drinking like a 89.99 whiskey.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since I have just about broken my fever to buy one of the ORVW 23 sets, I may give this one a second look as a viable alternative to satisfy my recent urges. Over in Memphis, the only bottles I recall seeing were from Batch 7, can't remember the proof and running $95 plus tax.

Has anyone seen, or better yet purchased & sampled, this particular batch? Also, does each batch indicate a single barrel bottling? After quickly browsing thru this thread last night, all I recall seeing thus far is single-digit batch numbers. Wonder if there will be future or yearly bottlings of these until the barrels are exausted. Or, are they already exausted? That may be another bit of info being kept close to the vest by the bottler(?).

• 1 month later...
Over in Memphis, the only bottles I recall seeing were from Batch 7, can't remember the proof and running $95 plus tax.

Has anyone seen, or better yet purchased & sampled, this particular batch? Also, does each batch indicate a single barrel bottling?

• 2 months later...

Lookin thru this inspired me to pour a glass.

Mighty fucking fine bourbon boys and girls. Go get some while you can.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.