What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Fall 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Jack Daniels, my own mingling, which is 3:2:1 Jack Daniels Black, a June bottling of the Single Barrel and Gentleman Jack.

This is a very tightly knitted whiskey, with a core of apple butter sweetness and a soft mouth-feel with good length.

Jack can be good (very) but I find I have to make my own as it were to get the best out of it.

Gary

You must be Twitter stalking me. That's what I had last evening while watching college football.

I see more of it in my future this evening. It just feels like rye weather to me.

VWFRR late Saturday afternoon.

Fall has it's benefits.

I do love this juice.

Sir, you planted the seed and I ran with it.

I nvr touch the bottle because it usually disappears so fast. I had a 1/3 left before this pour from a bottle that had been open for about 5 weeks. You know what kind of willpower that takes me?

~twitterstalker

Getting ready to head off to the neighborhood Oktoberfest Party. Van Winkle Lot B, here at home. I'm taking a Pappy 15, Buffalo Trace, BT White Dog #1, and Bernheim Wheat Whiskey in tribute to great and "pioneering German immigrants with little money and big dreams---brothers Issac Wolfe and Bernard Bernheim". Last year, the Lot B got killed. :drinking: I hope this year's selection is received as well.

Working on finishing off a 2008 GTS to make room on the bar for the 2009.

Doing the same over here. On my second pour after starting with some ER90. I'm a bit gun-shy this year on the prices but ,y plan is to get 3 WLW, 3 Staggs 1 or 2 Handy, and maybe a Saz (wish it was barrel proof) when they release the 2009's.

Sitting on the front porch enjoying an '83 Old Forester 86pf and a Macanudo Hyde Park.....life is good.

Sitting on the front porch enjoying an '83 Old Forester 86pf and a Macanudo Hyde Park.....life is good.

Greg,

Glad to hear that you got your bourbon taste back. Salut!

Attended the Party Source "Select a Special Barrel Tasting" tonight. The group tasted barrel-proof samples of four barrels of BT and voted to select the next special SB bottling of BT for the Party Source. This is the first time I've been able to do this. It was amazing to taste the variations among four barrels that were distilled on the same day and aged next to each other over the last nine years.

I finished the evening with, what else?... a couple of healthy pours of BT: a very solid bourbon that has never disappointed me.

Enjoying some slope shoulder OCPR after the Buckeye W over the Hosers in Bloomington.

Attended the Party Source "Select a Special Barrel Tasting" tonight. The group tasted barrel-proof samples of four barrels of BT and voted to select the next special SB bottling of BT for the Party Source. This is the first time I've been able to do this. It was amazing to taste the variations among four barrels that were distilled on the same day and aged next to each other over the last nine years.

I finished the evening with, what else?... a couple of healthy pours of BT: a very solid bourbon that has never disappointed me.

That sounds absolutely awesome!!!!

:toast:

Greg,

Glad to hear that you got your bourbon taste back. Salut!

Cheers John! Thanks very much.

Poured some Old Fitz, Weller 12, 78' Beam, and JB Distillers Series while watching college football with my roommate from Iraq. Old Fitz was excellent and really opened up once it sat for about five minutes; 78' Beam was better than what I have tasted with the current black label, nice smooth with just a hint of oak and spice; the JB Distillers Series was like licking a charred barrel...I'll have to let it sit in the bunker for awhile before I try it again.

I had lot B before dinner yesterday and JDSS with the apple pie and vanilla souse for dessert. The combination worked splendid as usual. I had to take a glass of fernet branca later to settle my stomach after the heavy fat dessert.

Leif

Poured some Old Fitz, Weller 12, 78' Beam, and JB Distillers Series while watching college football with my roommate from Iraq. Old Fitz was excellent and really opened up once it sat for about five minutes; 78' Beam was better than what I have tasted with the current black label, nice smooth with just a hint of oak and spice; the JB Distillers Series was like licking a charred barrel...I'll have to let it sit in the bunker for awhile before I try it again.

Nice pours Jason...

It was a 155 Month JB 86 proof myself lastnight... crazy good stuff...

I've been drinking down a bottle of Maker's, and decided to switch out to EC18yo.

While the Maker's is okay (it is my least favorite of my collection), switching to a dram of EC18 was a noticeable improvement. I may have to have a couple more EC18 before switching back to the MM.

I just had a good pour of EC 18. It has been a while and I think I need to move this bottle up to the front of the bar.

Had a pour of ERSB while preparing all the fixins to make bourbon balls. :grin: Joe

I'm was sitting here sipping on a glass of AAA 10 yr, thinking this is a fine pour. But, i felt if it had a flaw....... it was the proof. so, I decided to add a splash of Blantons Cask strength to it.

Presto !!!!! What an improvment !!!!:shocked:

Now this is a Dandy Pour !!!!:grin:

Getting ready to start the grill. Pappy 15 will accompany me.

Unbelievable! The Bengals are coming from behind to beat the Browns in OT.

Bring on the OGD 114.

Unbelievable! The Bengals are coming from behind to beat the Browns in OT.

Bring on the OGD 114.

Glad someone enjoyed it. Wasnt pretty live! :hot:

I'm was sitting here sipping on a glass of AAA 10 yr, thinking this is a fine pour. But, i felt if it had a flaw....... it was the proof. so, I decided to add a splash of Blantons Cask strength to it.

Presto !!!!! What an improvment !!!!:shocked:

Now this is a Dandy Pour !!!!:grin:

Another vatting to try is either the AA BIB or Charter 101 with the 10 year. The extra proof really compliments the age.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!