What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

George Dickel and Coke. I'm having a hard time surfing with this Blackberry. How the hell do people with really big fingers manage?

Ahh, it's so nice to again sit out in the garage on a warm night and listen to the Braves on the radio. Bounced around from Baby Saz to WT Tradition to Pewter Top WTKS to 08 OFBB. All, were very good.

Sounds like a good time, Joe. I often do the same and find it truly relaxing. When spring rolls around after a hard winter and the baseball season begins, all seems right in the world again, especially if I've got a nice beer and a whiskey within reach. Enjoy your season, Joe!

Label says "Barreled 12/7/09".

Check again, barreled '09 would make it a one year old.:skep:

What? You doubt my visual acuity? My veracity?

Go figure. Tastes pretty damn good for "four month old" whiskey.

post-812-14489816496306_thumb.jpg

post-812-14489816496436_thumb.jpg

Heh... I had a bottle of Evan Williams Single barrel that had the bottling and barreling dates backwards as well. :grin: Someone over at Heaven Hill must be doing TOO much sampling...:cool:

I'm winding down after a long day with a pour of Weller 12. Cheers, Joe!

That makes no sense at all, what happened?

BTW, I'm sipping Parker's Heritage Collection Golden Anniversary, neat.

post-1534-14489816496599_thumb.jpg

I am currently not drinking anything because I'm driving from FL to KY, but I'm popping open my Louisville OCPR as soon as I get home.

I wanted to offer Brad some advice.

I'm having a hard time surfing with this Blackberry. How the hell do people with really big fingers manage?

If typing is your only problem I really can't offer any solution. I find the BB Bold is extremely easy to type on, but on the Curve or Tour I end up pressing two or three keys when I try to push just one. Maybe it just takes awhile to get used to.

I browse SB.com almost exclusively from my BB. I recommend pushing Z when browsing a forum using the Blackberry browser. This should change it to "mobile view" and make everything easier to read. I personally think that downloading Opera Mini 5 Beta (at m.opera.com from your phone) works much better than the Blackberry browser. YMMV.

Heh... I had a bottle of Evan Williams Single barrel that had the bottling and barreling dates backwards as well. :grin: Someone over at Heaven Hill must be doing TOO much sampling...:cool:

:lol:

Bettye Jo has gone on record saying that the EWSB does not come off her line. Maybe they need to send her over there to straighten out the hand bottling people!

That makes no sense at all, what happened?

BTW, I'm sipping Parker's Heritage Collection Golden Anniversary, neat.

Had a nice lineup at my in-laws house tonight after dinner. They wanted to try some of my bourbons along with my sister-in-law and her husband.

'74 Old Fitz

'88 WSR

OC 12 "The Classic"

Pappy 15

'08 Thomas H. Handy

'07 Stagg

I wanted to give them a taste of various proofs and various bourbon/rye selections.

Opened one of my Louisville OCPRs. Wow! I am terrible at tasting notes, but if I had to describe it in one word it would be...unique. I like it a lot, never tasted anything else like it. Definitely went back for a second pour.

Also cracked open a Cork 'n Bottle OWA Barrel #32. Barrel #33 was sold out, which leads me to believe it was better, but oh well. I tasted it next to a regular bottling and noticed more cinnamon in the SB and more vanilla/brown sugar in the standard bottle. I think this might change after the SB is open for a month or so. I'm going to go out on a limb and say OWA is my favorite pour under $20.

Opened one of my Louisville OCPRs. Wow! I am terrible at tasting notes, but if I had to describe it in one word it would be...unique. I like it a lot, never tasted anything else like it. Definitely went back for a second pour.

Also cracked open a Cork 'n Bottle OWA Barrel #32. Barrel #33 was sold out, which leads me to believe it was better, but oh well. I tasted it next to a regular bottling and noticed more cinnamon in the SB and more vanilla/brown sugar in the standard bottle. I think this might change after the SB is open for a month or so. I'm going to go out on a limb and say OWA is my favorite pour under $20.

I'm a big fan of the SS OCPR, too. I find I like it best when it breathes for a bit, as well.

Be careful. I don't know how many more of us can fit out here on this OWA limb! :D I agree with you, it doesn't get much better at $19.

We had a great night by the fire-pit last night, finishing off the rest of the Guinness leftover from St. Patrick's Day and sipping my '07 Stagg. I can hardly wait for tonight to do it all over again!

ETL, WT 8 export and WT 101 from 1985 before diner and Fitzgerald 1849 from the 70-is after. A bit surprisingly the old time wheater tasted best tonight. Still I wish the proof had been a bit higher!

Leif

Last night was ETL twice

Tonight OF Signature and OFBB 2009...sometimes the OFBB is just right. I always love the OFS.

Last night - started with RR 90 then KC. All this recent talk about the slope shoulder OCPR made me try some. I picked up two bottles about a year ago. My first try after opening a bottle had a medicinal taste. I thought maybe something was wrong. (Of the 2 bottles, I opened the bottle with the most evaporation. The level was lower than the other, but not by much.) I had only a couple of pours since then. But last night the sweet, buttery finish really came through and seemed to separate itself from the alcohol. I can see this whiskey distinguishing itself from a wheater and a high-content rye bourbon. I might try a tasting of a Weller, WTRB and OCPR next.

Went to the dusty cupboard for my drams this evening. '78 Benchmark and an '82 ER101. Both really hit the spot.

What else? Weller. Weller SR, Binny's Weller 12, and 09 WLW. Heck of a night. Joe

Yesterday after a pleasant visit to a local brewery I boke into the bunker and pulled out an Eagle Rare 101 and in a little while I'm going to revisit that bird when I lite the grill.

I had a couple buddies come in for a visit yesterday and we decided to make a trip down to Manny's and the South Loop Binny's. I started at Binny's with a couple sample pours of FRBS OESO and OESK compliments of our favorite Binny's Whiskey guru. We then headed back to my house were the real sampling started. FR Mariage 09, Pappy 15, Binny's ETL, Binny's ERSB, FRBS OESO, RHF's, and GTS 09 to finish the night. :cool:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!