What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Overholt 1981 and Rittenhouse BIB before dinner then the BIB again with the soft chocolate cake for dessert and Handy 2009 right now. All tasted very well, but I think the old-timer came out a bit short due to proof.

Leif

Picked up an OF 75th anniversary repeal yesterday. It came with a cool glass that when plucked makes a perfect pitch G bell tone. The whisky is pleasant and seems to evaporate like some irish whiskys I love to drink.

Hittin' the OCPR tonight. Sadly, I'm getting near the bottom of the only bottle I've got left. Time to start dusty hunting again.

My wife and I went to an Italian resturant for dinner tonight and the only bourbon, other than the usual Beam white, was Maker's. Not a first choice but not a bad one either. On the plus side, the bartender poured very, very generously.

VWFRR and 8 year WT 101 Japanese export (WT found in a liquor store in this area at $14.99 for a liter, bought last two and left a 12 year old split label at $39.99 on the shelf and gone the following week). Nice finish to a day of smoking 6 slabs of baby backs on the WSM and having a few folks over for BBQ.

1941 Mount Vernon Rye. To date, my favorite Rye whiskey.

I bet it would be mine too. Yes I'm jealous!:grin:

Well all righty then, I wanted to shift gears, so I dug deep into the bunker and came up with yet another bottle of 4R1B from the '07 era that was aged in the LW warehouse.

Tony and SmokingJoe know what I'm talking about, like the McScrooges bottle.

This one totally outclasses the current lot of 4R1B that got shipped into MI for their rollout here.

It has that extra fruity sweetnes that is similar to the OESO but it is the OBSV, go figure.

Oh, btw, I'm of course sipping it neat.

ETL and Overholt 1981 before dinner. EW 12 and WTKS after. The HH brand still struck me as over woody to the point that its not even recognisable as a bourbon whiskey in general.

Leif

Starting off the night with 4 Roses over crushed ice with a drop or two of Fee Brothers' Whiskey Barrel Aged Bitters. Very refreshing. And delicious.

Parker's Golden Anniversary was just the perfect thing last night, all dark chocolate and berries. Even though the bottle is half empty it surprised me. It had never hit me right there before. You never know. I hate to write a review after just one tasting because the next time I drink that whiskey I'm liable to wonder, "what was I thinking when I wrote that?"

Started out with BT, now I've moved on to Stagg. I may move on to Thomas Handy. I usually stick to one bourbon/other whiskey but I'm skipping around tonight.

Started with SS OCPR, then a standard bottling of OWA, and finally on to OGD114. So much good bourbon, so little time after work. I need to go to bed.

Is it true that Beam doesn't have a barrel program? I think it would be great to get a honey barrel of OGD114, and wouldn't be as expensive as others single barrels (not that I could afford it anyways...)

Two more pours of OCPR last night followed by FRSB (Binny's Barrel #2) from 2008, all while listening to some great music by the "Swamp Fox," Tony Joe White.

ETL and Overholt 1981 before dinner. EW 12 and WTKS after. The HH brand still struck me as over woody to the point that its not even recognisable as a bourbon whiskey in general.

Leif

Started with SS OCPR, then a standard bottling of OWA, and finally on to OGD114. So much good bourbon, so little time after work. I need to go to bed.

Is it true that Beam doesn't have a barrel program? I think it would be great to get a honey barrel of OGD114, and wouldn't be as expensive as others single barrels (not that I could afford it anyways...)

Last night while chatting it up in the Gazebo, I enjoyed a pour of Binny's Weller 12.

Last night while chatting it up in the Gazebo, I enjoyed a pour of Binny's Weller 12.

I thought that was me. :skep: Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!