What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2011

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A little ORVW 10/90 this evening. I (like most of us) prefer the ORVW 10/107, but the 90 proof offering is still pretty darn good.

I had way too much Buffalo Trace over the weekend. I don't know where the starting point on my liter was Friday but when I went to bed Sunday I was thinking, "it's about time to buy another bottle."

I had way too much Buffalo Trace over the weekend. I don't know where the starting point on my liter was Friday but when I went to bed Sunday I was thinking, "it's about time to buy another bottle."

Only a liter? My handles don't even last most weekends. :skep: :grin:

Toddy's/Liquor World Willett 5 yr 121.6 proof Rye. Huge flavor. I liked this one since the first time I tasted it at JT's. I love ryes that don't simply taste like bourbon (i.e. Ritt BIB), or ryes that have no taste (OO, JB Rye). That's why I've been diggin' on these LDI ryes, lately (Bulleit). It's distinct. And, this iteration has shown the best of LDI rye, to me. I love Baby Saz, and adore it's big brother TH Handy. I really like Bulleit Rye, and love it's adopted/step-brother/ Willett.

Yo!! LDI!!!! Get a label, and let's go!!!!!

I am sipping on some Willett Rye. Same as Joe I believe. It is really good. I picked us a few bottles at the KBF last week and really like it. Lots of spice and sweet stuff mingled in there.

This bottle is from barrel #77 bottle 62/132.

Joe, is this the same barrel you have?

jim

I am sipping on some Willett Rye. Same as Joe I believe. It is really good. I picked us a few bottles at the KBF last week and really like it. Lots of spice and sweet stuff mingled in there.

This bottle is from barrel #77 bottle 62/132.

Joe, is this the same barrel you have?

jim

OWA, which seems to go very well with the bacon I was cooking off in preparation for tonight's supper. This requires further exploration, as I think bourbon and bacon are probably a good fit for one another.

Me too! Not bad, eh?

I love the stuff and when you consider it still has the price sticker that was put on it when it came to the store in the 80s ($8.99/liter), it's a wonderful pour.

I love the stuff and when you consider it still has the price sticker that was put on it when it came to the store in the 80s ($8.99/liter), it's a wonderful pour.

Great deal! I enjoyed my nip too but paid the exorbitant price of $11.99 for 750ml. I've got a friend who just turned 69 and the Dant really brought back some nice memories for him, so that was cool too.

Great deal! I enjoyed my nip too but paid the exorbitant price of $11.99 for 750ml. I've got a friend who just turned 69 and the Dant really brought back some nice memories for him, so that was cool too.

There is almost no greater joy than to find a great dusty and then discover it is real cheap.

Today is my first born's 21st birthday. I'm not so naive as to believe that this is his first drink. Last spring a good portion of my bottle of Baby Saz was gone when I returned home from a trip. But, short of a few tastes of homebrew that he helped me bottle, this is his first real drink with me.

We are enjoying a nice pour of lot B.

Going to start the night with a pour of WTRR 10/101...I have some ND OT 6/86 with me as well...we'll see if I end up getting into it. ;)

OWA, which seems to go very well with the bacon I was cooking off in preparation for tonight's supper. This requires further exploration, as I think bourbon and bacon are probably a good fit for one another.

OWA would make great bacon bourbon

Today is my first born's 21st birthday. I'm not so naive as to believe that this is his first drink. Last spring a good portion of my bottle of Baby Saz was gone when I returned home from a trip. But, short of a few tastes of homebrew that he helped me bottle, this is his first real drink with me.

We are enjoying a nice pour of lot B.

This brings wonderful memories for me three weeks ago. My daughter turned 21 three weeks ago and now we can have a beer or glass of wine together. It was so neat. (I also know it wasn't her first but it was with me.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.