What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2011

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Four Roses Small Batch 2011 Limited Edition.

Thank you Mr Postman.

It was sitting on the porch when I got home, glad the squrriels didn't get to it first.

Ah yes, Jim Rutledge did it again.

There are so many flavors mingling and coming in and out.

Brown sugar coated apricots, cherries covered with cocoa powder.

I am half way into the first one neat.

If I had to say anything negative I'd say a bit to hot but I think some time time will calm it down.

It is 110.2 proof and I will do some cutting to see what other hidden treasures I can find.

Sounds great! I'm still waiting for it to pop up around here.

Having some more of the Four Roses Small Batch 2011 Limited Edition.

I cut it to what I think is in the 97-101 proof area and it loses a lot.

Not vibrant, but you get some maple syrup on the finish. It reminds me of a sweet and low peat scotch.

Not hot also and that's a plus.

I'm thinking that 4 recipes are to much.

To much clutter. Hopefully next year Mr Rutledge will top it out to 3 recipes like he did the Mariage.

Having some more of the Four Roses Small Batch 2011 Limited Edition.

I cut it to what I think is in the 97-101 proof area and it loses a lot.

Not vibrant, but you get some maple syrup on the finish. It reminds me of a sweet and low peat scotch.

Not hot also and that's a plus.

I'm thinking that 4 recipes are to much.

To much clutter. Hopefully next year Mr Rutledge will top it out to 3 recipes like he did the Mariage.

Wow...is this the first FR LE bottling that you don't love? I think so...;)

Wow...is this the first FR LE bottling that you don't love? I think so...;)
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, I think you are right.

But I do like it.

Sitting out back with with the family, after an extremely frenetic day at work. All seems good, now...And, this McScrooge's Buffalo Trace is, again, just wonderful.

Oscar..

I thought you weren't fond of the 2010 FRSmB LE.

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

That was a loooong time ago:grin:

I remember liking it and I definatley like it better than 2011.

Enjoying a glass of 1976 Kentucky Tavern on the porch. Finally cool enough to sit out there.

Willett 18yr Paws & Claws cut to 107...amazing sweetness on entry followed by brown sugar, molasses, and dark chocolate. The finish lingers for a good 45-60 seconds leaving you wanting to chew on your tongue...amazing pick of some fantastic bourbon! :cool:

Watching a little baseball and having a nice pour of WTKS 2002 after my softball team got its butt kicked.

1991 Wild Turkey Rare Breed right now.

With the thought of going down to the bunker and bringing up a wheater because I have none open.

I'll bet I can find an Old Weller Antique Cork 'N Bottle #49 down there.

Anyone want to take me up on that bet?;)

1991 Wild Turkey Rare Breed right now.

With the thought of going down to the bunker and bringing up a wheater because I have none open.

Anyone want to take me up on that bet?;)

I'll bet ya dollars to doughnuts as my dad used to say.

EWSB 2000, watching part 1 of Prohibition and contemplating buying the EWSB 1999 and 2001 I've seen recently to compare with my 1998 and 2000.

OWA from '08, the last of the age stated label, and BHC slope shoulder Old Charter. Both simple but delicious bourbons that tonight are bringing me as much enjoyment as any of the finest whiskeys or wines I've had. Just one of those nights I guess.

Anyone want to take me up on that bet?

I'll betcha. But you will have to send a smaple down here to prove you won:grin:

Toasting the end of a really good week with small pours of Jefferson's Rye and McScrooge's Buffalo Trace. Here's hoping that next week turns out to be as fruitful.

Bourbon Joe and I spent the afternoon enjoying retirement and drinking Pappy Van Winkle 15 yr and Pappy Van Winkle 23 yr (Kentucky Barrel Society Barrel C from 2007).

Bourbon Joe and I spent the afternoon enjoying retirement and drinking Pappy Van Winkle 15 yr and Pappy Van Winkle 23 yr (Kentucky Barrel Society Barrel C from 2007).

I'll bet you boys had a few good cigars, too. ;).

Good to see you again at KBF, Doug.

:toast:

The wife says I can drink again, so I started with KCSB (Party Source bottling) then BTAC WLW 2010, and now working on an old fashioned with High West Rendezvous. Probably made incorrectly... I'm eying the Parker's Heritage 2010, but that will entail another WLW pour :) I can only take the PH after another wheater, for some reason. If I don't, it tastes only like rubbing alcohol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.