What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2011

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The wife says I can drink again, so I started with KCSB (Party Source bottling) then BTAC WLW 2010, and now working on an old fashioned with High West Rendezvous. Probably made incorrectly... I'm eying the Parker's Heritage 2010, but that will entail another WLW pour :) I can only take the PH after another wheater, for some reason. If I don't, it tastes only like rubbing alcohol.

The KCSB I can take or leave. I'm not that much of a rye guy, and I haven't had the High West Rye, but I love me some wheaters. Both the 2010 WLW, and 2010 PHC are great. :yum: Enjoy. Joe

Kind of strange. After an odd week at work, I had a pour of 2010 WLW when I got home from work today. That bottle could hit the recycle bin tonight. :skep:

Getting a bit bored of the KCSB myself... I don't like the High West much on its own - something to do with a fennel taste I get from it and the memory of some very, very mean cooks when I was in grade school who made me eat liver soup with fennel - so I had to find something to put it in. My first cocktail! And it's okay...

Oh yeah, the WLW 2010 just gets better with every sip. I didn't buy enough of them, though "enough" might not be an achievable number :)

Just popped open a bottle of Lot B tonight. The nose was so heavenly, I almost couldn't bring myself to drink it. I said ALMOST. I savored every drop.

Settling in to watch the latest Transformers movie with a pour of WT 8/101 from 1988...don't know what will be next! :D

I have not been enjoying my second purchased bottle of Maker's 46, bought a few months ago, and now opened a while. Tonight was not any better. My first M 46, purchased right after its initial release, I liked a lot with notes of honey and caramel that balanced out the spice. This one is all spice and very one dimensional. I'm blaming it on french oak toasted stave variation and certainly not my palate :grin: .

Finished my last bottle of Beam Distillers Series 7yr. Loved this stuff... especially after it aired and mellowed. It really caught my palette this fall.

Hidden
I have not been enjoying my second purchased bottle of Maker's 46, bought a few months ago, and now opened a while.

*I found that I had to put Maker's 46 on ice to really enjoy it. Loved it on ice... great mouth feel, rich, luscious. My first bottle was too hot and rather stringent for drinking neat. I have a second bottle which I haven't broken yet... the early releases.

I enjoyed some PHC 2010 (cut to 107 proof) this weekend. Delicious stuff...I've been trying to save this for a while...only one more generous pour left in the bottle.

I enjoyed some ORVW 10/107 night before last.

I think I might doctor up some BBQ sauce with pureed apricots and some Bookers this afternoon. so I'll probably have some Bookers.

Getting ready for some Bears/Lions with a pour of ND OT 6/86 from 1986...yummy yummy butterscotch in my tummy! :D

ORVW 10/107. A slightly larger than average pour, but emptied the bottle. Sad to go, but now i can move something else up from the basement.

Decisions, decisions.........

B

A little VWSR Lot B to enjoy a Lions victory.

First time since 1956 that the Lions have been 5-0.

I must say that Cutler is one hell of a QB. Hats off to him.

First time I've watched a full MNF in years.

A little VWSR Lot B to enjoy a Lions victory.

First time since 1956 that the Lions have been 5-0.

I must say that Cutler is one hell of a QB. Hats off to him.

First time I've watched a full MNF in years.

I should probably drink some gasoline to commemorate that pathetic display by the Bears. Where did I leave that bottle of Corner Creek? :grin:

I should probably drink some gasoline to commemorate that pathetic display by the Bears. Where did I leave that bottle of Corner Creek? :grin:

I had a pour of Johnny Drum Private Stock...I'm pretty sure it's the gasoline that you're referencing above. It was just plain bad, so I mixed it with ginger...ended with a pour of Lot B to cleanse the palate....much better now!

Alright, since it's all the rage this eve, Lot B it is.

This bourbon's biggest sin is that it's three years too young and 17 proof too low.

Alright, since it's all the rage this eve, Lot B it is.

This bourbon's biggest sin is that it's three years too young and 17 proof too low.

I don't mind the age, but I'd love to try this bourbon at 100 proof.

I don't mind the age, but I'd love to try this bourbon at 100 proof.

Just add some WLW, delicious! :yum:

Just add some WLW, delicious! :yum:

What mix are you using Dave? I have some 09 WLW that I just can't drink no matter what I do to it as it's just hot. Maybe wmixing it with some Lot B would be the ticket. Thanks for the Idea...

PS. I need to work on the smoked salmon...yours was a lot better!

I just opened a new bottle of WR. I haven't had this in some time. I'm really quite enjoying it while sitting on the deck with my dogs on this nice, Autumn evening. :cool:

I'm in Dallas and I'm drinking W. L. Weller 12 year for the first time tonight. It cost me at least $521 for the bottle. I went out to get it and had a wreck in the rental car!!! $500 deductible plus $21 for the bourbon. Not sold in SC as far as I can tell.

Free Woodford on my once-per-year bump "up front" on my flight back home on Delta. Nice glass, too. In general, I like Woodford. I tend to really like it (even at $7 per) on a Delta flight back home after a trip. I adore it in FC.

:toast:

I made a trip down to the bunker and I came back up with an Autumn 2008 release of Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot B.

It has a great but subtle nose of cherry cordials.

And you get a faint hint on the palate.

It's to bad Julian likes his bourbons so watered down.

I'll bet this 12yo was excellent at barrel proof.

I'm in Dallas and I'm drinking W. L. Weller 12 year for the first time tonight. It cost me at least $521 for the bottle. I went out to get it and had a wreck in the rental car!!! $500 deductible plus $21 for the bourbon. Not sold in SC as far as I can tell.

Enoch, this isn't sold in Georgia either...it's strange because we get all of the other Weller products, but no Weller 12.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.