What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2011

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoyed a 1980s vintage Old Forester last night in memoriam of Owsley Brown II and then had little too much Binny's Weller 12, so I'm taking it easy today.

Enjoyed Virginia Lightning with 2 ice cubes and a lime wedge around lunch time. Now contemplating what to sip while a cook supper tonight. We're having pulled pork taquitos with side dish TBD. Hmmm...Wild Turkey might be hit the spot.

Started with an Old Forester SIgnature BIB. Then a Charter 101. Working on a GTS 10 now. I have about one pour of the Stagg left in this bottle. When I started pouring it you could see the sediment from the barrel swirling around in the whiskey like smoke.... Awesome.

Cheers,

Jim

Started with an Old Forester SIgnature BIB. Then a Charter 101. Working on a GTS 10 now. I have about one pour of the Stagg left in this bottle. When I started pouring it you could see the sediment from the barrel swirling around in the whiskey like smoke.... Awesome.

Cheers,

Jim

Yeahhh...ain't that char at the bottom of Stagg cool! It's always my favorite part of the bottle. Just another thing that makes that whiskey so great. Enjoy that last pour, Jim!

:toast:

Maker's 46. Full-flavored bourbon, with some extra sweetness and aromatics from the stave treatment I think. I'm getting too some perfume/flowery scents, as if in an old plush study with a flower vase, that I recall from some older ryes (oddly) and certain other straight whiskeys from years past. You notice it a lot off the side of the glass when empty. Very worthy.

Gary

Tonight I started with Eagle Rare 10 y/o while grilling steaks on the grill. Have moved to several pours of Blanton's.

Barclay's BIB, DSP ILL 3, Peoria, Illinois. Distilled 1968, bottled 1972. Half pint. It's not bad, and growing on me. A bit musty on the nose when I first opened the bottle, but it's starting to round out with a slightly sweet finish.

Last night it was ER17 while watching Wisconsin crush Nebraska. Welcome to the Big Ten!

Really enjoyed some BT last night. Almost like liquid caramel. We all thought it tasted like they put ETL in a BT bottle by mistake. Moved on to Cyrus Noble which I did not enjoy. Very grassy and hints of green vegetable. Everything I don't like about HH products. Finished with current WTKS. Pretty tasty.

Im well into a bottle of Four Roses. The first time Ive seen this one at my local liquor store.

I have to say its seems good value for the money.

Drinking a Benchmark and Coke while waiting for the Lions game to start. Besides soaking wood chips, this is the best use I've found for it.:skep:

Having a nice pour of Pappy 15 while making up a batch of chili for supper. :cool: Cheers! Joe

You inspired me to have a little WLW 117.9 to celebrate the Lions win.

Down 27-3 to come back to win 34-30, it's a good thing I missed most of the first half.

I love that 07 WLW.

Not quite on that level, but still in the really good wheater category, I will be taking a bottle of 2010 Parker's Heritage to a friend's house for some after dinner toasting of Stafford, Suh, Johnson and the rest.

:woohoo:

I love that 07 WLW.

Not quite on that level, but still in the really good wheater category, I will be taking a bottle of 2010 Parker's Heritage to a friend's house for some after dinner toasting of Stafford, Suh, Johnson and the rest.

:woohoo:

Josh,

I had both (WLW 117.9 and PHC 2010) this morning. What a nice combination. Both are excellent. I'd recommend purchasing either.

Enjoy your post dinner post.

Will

What a great weekend. Putting the final touch on it with an AF Hemmingway, and a couple of pours of '02 OFBB and Lot B.

Built the first fire of 2011 in the fireplace. It takes away the chill of a long day at work. Sitting by the fire sipping drinks is one of my favorite things. Have decided to compare the 10 recipes of Four Roses. Having the next 2 days off of work: priceless!

Thomas

Just cracked open a fresh bottle of Blanton's, and finishing off a bottle of Bulleit Rye. YUM!

It was so nice outside today that I took care of some paperwork on the back deck with a nice pour of Binny's BT and a good cigar.

Gary

Relaxing this evening with three fingers of AAA 10/yo along with a Diesel Unlimited. Nice way to close out the night.

Four Roses Small Batch 2011 Limited Edition.

Thank you Mr Postman.

It was sitting on the porch when I got home, glad the squrriels didn't get to it first.

Ah yes, Jim Rutledge did it again.

There are so many flavors mingling and coming in and out.

Brown sugar coated apricots, cherries covered with cocoa powder.

I am half way into the first one neat.

If I had to say anything negative I'd say a bit to hot but I think some time time will calm it down.

It is 110.2 proof and I will do some cutting to see what other hidden treasures I can find.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.