What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I decide to round up old rye today.

Vintage 23 (7)

Vintage 21

Hirsch 22 (4)

Hirsch 21

Rittenhouse 21, barrel 21 (2)

Plus GTS (2) and three bottles of scotch.

It seems to me that aged rye is going to be much rarer for the next few years and the window to bunker it is closing. The fact that I scoured the valley and this is everything that was available supports this belief. I simply didn't see the downside as I'm in a good position to drink it or use as barter for other labels.

I bought a bottle of VW Lot B yesterday. My first spotting of any VW products in the wild.

It seems to me that aged rye is going to be much rarer for the next few years and the window to bunker it is closing. The fact that I scoured the valley and this is everything that was available supports this belief. I simply didn't see the downside as I'm in a good position to drink it or use as barter for other labels.

Well Done. I got the last bottle of V21 Rye that I saw, haven't found any more. I have a lone bottle of GTS, shipped from TPS, have never seen one in a store. Increasing popularity of Bourbon/Rye is a double-edged sword.

Absolutely. Personally, if given the opportunity, I would've done the the same.

Minus the scotch. :grin:

B

It seems to me that aged rye is going to be much rarer for the next few years and the window to bunker it is closing.

I think your comment is 100% correct, Spinning. That said, I hope we are both proven wrong.

I bought a bottle of Heaven Hill White Label BIB 6-year old. I've seen it mentioned here on SB a few times as being comparable to VOB BIB.

Picked up a PVW 15 yesterday. Just walked into a random store in the neighborhood with my gf to get her a bottle of wine and saw it. I couldn't pass it up.

Picked up some bottles over the weekend:

1x Michter's 10yr Rye - Thought I read that this rye had changed but I didn't notice any difference between this bottle and older ones, other than the random barrel number.

4x Weller 12yr - I think this has become my "house bourbon" for guests.

Brought home a 1.75L of WSR. The supply of age-stated handles is drying up around here, so I thought it would be a good time to grab one.

Vintage Rye 21. A buddy got a Vintage Rye 23, which we opened. Very oaky, but good. Love that old rye herb and spice flavor.

Anyone ever figure out the provenance of these? I searched the archives and didn't really see much, though my search skills may just be that bad.

Vintage Rye 21. A buddy got a Vintage Rye 23, which we opened. Very oaky, but good. Love that old rye herb and spice flavor.

Anyone ever figure out the provenance of these? I searched the archives and didn't really see much, though my search skills may just be that bad.

It's bottled by KBD. I don't know the original source.

Went back to a store where I had left a EWSB 95. Picked that up and spotted a EWSB 1993 box hiding on the back shelf. Picked that up too.

Got home, did the unbox..... it was another 1995. Oh well.

Anyone want the 1993 box? Edit: Gone now.

Also picked up an Old Forester 200ml. Early 90's BF distillery. Going to compare it to my similarly labeled OF distillery bottle from the 90's.

Perhaps this is too much info for this thread, but the dot matrix code on this bottle is A2902184534743. Any guesses on the meaning?

Spent the day down in Nashville, hoping I would have better luck dusty hunting than I have had up here. I found that most of Nashville has nothing to offer in the way of dusties. After many different stores, I only came up with the stuff in the picture below, with only 1 real dusty.

20120409haul.jpg

1X Old Grand Dad 86 proof, Frankfort distillate (93 bottle date)

1X 17 Year JRPS

1X 18 Year JRPS

1X Eagle Rare 17yr

1X PHC Cognac Barrel Finished

I only bought a second JRPS 18 due to the good price. They had it for $25 cheaper than where I live.

A stray VW12 and PVW20 were collected today and deposited in the bunker for safe keeping.

I got a bottle of wt101 rye to see what the stink is about. The store has a few more if I like it. I doubt it's going anywhere since it was completely covered in dust.

A bottle of "regular" Four Roses Single Barrel. Hey, it was on sale at Rite-Aid!!

2x Ritt BiB

1x 4R 1B - Bottle Barn Selection

I was hoping to resist the 4R -- but this is a great bottling and there were only 8 left. I really need to stop going to Bottle Barn.

4 x OWA SB #58

4 x OWA SB #59

4 x OWA SB #60

A mixed case of OWA single barrel selecitons from CnB, all around 8.5yrs old. With the possible demise of OWA I wanted to jump on the single barrel stuff before its long gone.

4 x OWA SB #58

4 x OWA SB #59

4 x OWA SB #60

A mixed case of OWA single barrel selecitons from CnB, all around 8.5yrs old. With the possible demise of OWA I wanted to jump on the single barrel stuff before its long gone.

Are the CnB OWA selections tasty? How do they compare to OWA standard?

I just bought a bottle of 4 Roses Small Batch for $18.99. I figured the price was too good pass up.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!