What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

One caveat, remember to bring cash. They don't accept credit cards or debit cards.

I was going to ask you about that, I remember seeing that in the add. Appreciate the tips.

Hopefully, one of these we need to get together.

B

A H HIRSCH 16 year old, gold foil. Not sure what to do now, save it for a special day or crack it open. (Still new to bourbon so drinking it now might not get the love it deserves)

A private label bottling for Brandy Library from Pritchard's, a bottle of Masterson's 10yr Rye & another bottle of EHT Tornado for the bunker.

A H HIRSCH 16 year old, gold foil. Not sure what to do now, save it for a special day or crack it open. (Still new to bourbon so drinking it now might not get the love it deserves)

Some HW 21yr and JPS 18yr.

A "we pay the tax" sale at local store, made the pain a bit less.

B

How did you like Morelli's?

Loved it, thanks for the tip!

I've only lived here for 12 years, and always in the NW suburbs so I don't know a lot of the St Paul gems. But I work over in Midway so it's fairly convenient.

I got another bottle of JPS batch 25, a bottle of WTR 101 for the bunker, and....a bottle of 4r Mariage Collection 2009.

It was a tough choice. The manager brought out 4rSB LE 2011 and 2012. But then he brought out the 4R Mariage and I went with that.

Just got a box of OWA SB from CnB. I wish Binny's would do a SB of this.

They tried. BT f'ed up last year and bottled their OWA pick as WSR. It's still on the shelves. A real shame: the WSR is pretty neutral, but I bet it would have been 300% better at 107pf.

They tried. BT f'ed up last year and bottled their OWA pick as WSR. It's still on the shelves. A real shame: the WSR is pretty neutral, but I bet it would have been 300% better at 107pf.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. The sales people always try to get me to buy it if they're out of OWA or 12. It's probably not moving too fast.

I got another bottle of JPS batch 25, a bottle of WTR 101 for the bunker, and....a bottle of 4r Mariage Collection 2009.

It was a tough choice. The manager brought out 4rSB LE 2011 and 2012. But then he brought out the 4R Mariage and I went with that.

Good pickup with the Mariage.

4 bottles of OWA. Even if OWA isn't going away, with bourbon prices on rhe rise all over, I see no harm in squirreling some away while it is still around $20.

Spent a whole day in Louisville hunting for treasures. After a visit to every store I thought had a chance of having older stock, which looks to be a total of 31, I came up with nothing I expected to find. No DSP-KY-16 or DSP-KY354/414. Nothing but new stock, with barely a faded label to be found.

I was told by the store employees that the distributors keep the stores stocked with new bottles regularly, so the likelihood of finding older stock was low. One store owner said that they, being independent, had a lot of older stock sitting around in the back. Last year someone came in and bought every bottle of it, taking large boxes away of tax-strip dusties.

So, I picked up a total of 3 bottles.

1X Vintage 17 Bourbon: Newer, Wheated Version

1X WTKS Dark Top, 2004 bottle

1X WRMC Four Grain, Batch 2

A little disappointed, but at least I get to try these bottles.

Edited to Add: At least I got to see the Old Fitzgerald distillery and Brown-Forman grounds from afar. It was neat to see the size of the aging warehouses.

During my travels I was able to pick up a bottle of WT American Spirit for $65. Definitely excited to find that sitting all alone on the shelf.

Was this released in 2007?

KCSB $25.50 at the Class 6

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

If this is the same bottle from your "What Should I purchase?" thread, it is the regular KC, not the Single Barrel.

The Single Barrel has a transparent label, a higher proof and generally costs more.

If this is the same bottle from your "What Should I purchase?" thread, it is the regular KC, not the Single Barrel.

The Single Barrel has a transparent label, a higher proof and generally costs more.

May have meant Knob Creek Small Batch

Picked up

4 bottles of Lot B

3 bottles ORVW 10/90

6 500ml bottles 1972 Old Charter 7 year

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!