What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally tried the SB blend tonight - absolutely delicious! It was blended on Wednesday and brought to a friend's party tonight. The nose was very muted initially. However in an effort to accelerate the melding period, I shook the bottle vigorously a few times a day. I think it helped a great deal as the nose was very expressive tonight. I'm going to have to stock up on OWA and Weller 12 as my friends and I killed the bottle in no time.

Getting back into a half full bottle of MM 46. It's been on the shelf for 2 years.

Finishing up the evening by sneaking a gorgeous pour of the Kentucky Derby Museum Four Roses OESV. AT 59.1 ABV, it seems high for the FR Barrel Proofers, but you'd never know it by it's drinkability. Stunning whiskey. Is that teaberry in there?? Just wonderful. My challenge will be to not drain this bottle that Doug (Tucker) forgot to take back home with him after or GBS meetup, before he has a chance to pick it up next time.... :drinking: :D:

Not to worry Doug, I'll show restraint.....maybe....!!;)

Old Fitz BIB SW

This bottle has been open for a month or so and it is really starting to open up. Just wonderfully rich and vibrant, fantastic stuff.

Seeing as to how it's only Monday I went for a high proof to numb the boredom, Old Rip Van Winkle 10/207, neat.

A little bit of Pappy 20 last night while talking with the Mrs.

Best regards, Tony

Seeing as to how it's only Monday I went for a high proof to numb the boredom, Old Rip Van Winkle 10/207, neat.

That IS a high proof!

Just a simple pour tonight, FrSmB. I haven't had this for awhile, but it never fails to satisfy. It seems like every time I crack a new bottle of FR's, I wonder why I drink anything else.

Seeing as to how it's only Monday I went for a high proof to numb the boredom, Old Rip Van Winkle 10/107, neat.
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

That IS a high proof!
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

:lol::lol: I changed the 207 to 107,...that was funny.

Two days ago: "I should buy this Canadian Whisky just to see"

Tonight: "I should try it"....."Holy Heck!! What was I thinking??"

"MMMMMMmmmmm.....Dickel 12.....MUCH better....."

OGB BIB that I found wiling away in the cupboard. Really yummy. I'm on record several times for preferring Beam OGD 114 whiskey to the ND version. Same holds for the BIB.

Parkers Cognac plenty of open time on this bottle and I believe it to continue to develop,deeper and more sultry with every pour.

Went to a restaurant in Atlanta only to see a familiar face on a top shelf behind 2 other bourbons after we had finished dinner. I asked the waiter if it was the 15 or the 20. Waiter returned to let me know that it was indeed the 15 year Pappy. After such a fine meal, it only made sense to have a fine bourbon to finish the evening. The bartender gave me a very generous pour and the fiancee even encouraged the order (and took 2 sizable sips neat, she typically drinks bourbon on ice, so I was surprised). Great surprise to find it at the restaurant and made for a perfect ending to the meal.

Four Roses Small Batch.

I thought I liked this one. But it just isn't hitting the spot tonight. Making me want to crack open my last ORVW 10/107... must... resist!!

Kicking it old school tonight with some EW on the rocks. This used to be my drink of choice. It's still quite enjoyable, just not the total flavor experience I've come to crave.

Loved the Old Fitz BIB (SW) so much from last night I went back to that then onto WLW 10' and OWA CnB SB #58

I'm finishing up with a B&B Package private selection of Bernheim Wheat. The doughy nose from this bottle continues to please, and it is one of the most drinkable whiskies anywhere.

Joe, I know your record-keeping is meticulous, but check your records from Friday night. They may be a bit smudged :lol:; but I believe David left you that bottle.

If I'm wrong, I'll come over and help you out finishing the bottle. :drinking:

I sure hope I'm wrong.

Bill.

Finishing up the evening by sneaking a gorgeous pour of the Kentucky Derby Museum Four Roses OESV. AT 59.1 ABV, it seems high for the FR Barrel Proofers, but you'd never know it by it's drinkability. Stunning whiskey. Is that teaberry in there?? Just wonderful. My challenge will be to not drain this bottle that Doug (Tucker) forgot to take back home with him after or GBS meetup, before he has a chance to pick it up next time.... :drinking: :D:

Not to worry Doug, I'll show restraint.....maybe....!!;)

:crazy: Doh! I heard. David, I'll hold on to it for next time. But, if it strangely tastes like Beam White next time, it must be oxidation at work...:D

Joe, the Ky Derby OESV bottle is all yours, especially given the ... um ... misunderstanding ... with the goat on Friday. :grin: It really is good stuff, though. The OESV that is.

Super hot today. 102 where I was working and that is outdoors.

So after a cold shower I went down to the bunker and came back up with an Old Weller Antique 7/107 selected by Cork 'N Bottle Barrel # 49.

The best OWA ever!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!