What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

No bourbon tonight. Dickel 12. Just had it back to back with Old Number 7 too, destroys it.

Two nice pours of Old Fitz BIB with a cube of ice yesterday afternoon to help with the intense heat which finally subsided as the sun began to set. Been a while since I've had any OF and it tasted quite good.

TPS private barrel of 1792 again this evening. 40+ open bottles in the cabinet, many at 5x the price, but I never seem to go too long without this one.
uv

+1.

Luv this bottle. Too bad TPS is out of this as I only have one in bunker.

OGD BIB followed by some OGD 114. Probably should have done it the other way around.

With the recent heat wave, I've been drinking beer almost exclusively. But tonight it has cooled down a bit, nice breeze as well. I poured lot B with a splash. Oh I've missed you bourbon. Nose is especially good tonight on this. Mouthfeel is silky and buttery, rich caramel goodness.

Downtown Toronto. On my tiny deck, in my tiny back yard. The chiminea is burning hot, with some Irish Peat smouldering on top.

I've got Weller 12 in the Glencairn. My first bottle of this fine nectar was opened last night, and is already at a shockingly low level.

I'm a convert. Thanks to you all. :cool: :toast:

Went on a wheater tear last night.

SB Blend

JPS 18yr batch #14

WLW 10'

How did the SB blend stack up against the other two?

Added some new bottles to the bunker and enjoyed a FR OESF which exhibited big fruit profile and two new OWA SB selections.

Added some new bottles to the bunker and enjoyed a FR OESF which exhibited big fruit profile and two new OWA SB selections.

Sippin' on some 2010 Old Rip Van Winkle 10/107, neat, (can't be beat)

Weller 12 for me and the Mrs. tonight followed by some AAA 10, I think.

Regular ol' Eagle Rare tonight. Just about done with this bottle and I thought it was pretty darn good.

Regular ol' Eagle Rare tonight. Just about done with this bottle and I thought it was pretty darn good.

I recently went thru a bottle of the current iteration of ER. It was darn tasty. I wish BT would put a barrel number on their bottles.

Enjoyed some OCPR while watching the Home Run Derby last night. Oddly, my buddy was completely unimpressed with it, so more went down my hatch than expected.

Local store bottle of EC 12yr. Sadly, it will probably not live up to a great pour of Dickel 12 last night. Months of neglect in the back of the cabinet sure did it good.

B

A bottle of FRSB OBSF - really good with a little bit of water to open it up. I had stayed away from the F yeast in the past, but this bottle is delicious.

Still trying to knock off the remaining contents of a 1.75ml bottle of OF Signature to make room in the liquor cabinet. Managed to put a death blow on it last night with the help of a few friends who stopped by to watch the All-Star Game. Unfortunately, I was saddled with some shitty beer but the OFS tasted just fine.

Local store bottle of EC 12yr. Sadly, it will probably not live up to a great pour of Dickel 12 last night. Months of neglect in the back of the cabinet sure did it good.

B

Maybe you'll be surprised and the EC12 will be terrific like my current bottle. Funny how I could hardly ever find Dickel 12 around here and now there's an absolute glut of the stuff in my local liqour stores. I may have to pick up another bottle--it made for a nice easy sipper.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!