What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The heat says stay inside in the air and go with some of your under 100 proofers. AAA, Bowman Brothers single barrel and prefire EC 12 which all hit the spot. The EC 12 had a lot of the same tastes as the overripe and delicious peach I had this morning.

I had a bit of WT Tradition at a bar on Friday night. Very good, I thought it was soft and creamy upfront and had a very nice signature wild turkey finish. Don't know if I would pay $100 for a bottle, but I thought it was an excellent pour.

Got to try Pappy 23 for the first time tonight as a buddy of mine brought his bottle over for dinner and gave it to me at the end of the night:grin:

This pour in my glass tonight puts me half way through this bottle of Jim Beam 7 yr White Label, and it continues to impress. This is very fine whiskey. There is no doubt in my mind that I will replace it once it is empty.

This pour in my glass tonight puts me half way through this bottle of Jim Beam 7 yr White Label, and it continues to impress. This is very fine whiskey. There is no doubt in my mind that I will replace it once it is empty.

BEAM WHITE ?? :rolleyes:

Joe :usflag:

Yes Joe, Beam White 7 yr. I have enjoyed this bottle thoroughly.

Just finished a flight of Balcones samples. The Brimstone was best in show IMHO. Tasty smoked malt from TX! Yum.

Just finished a flight of Balcones samples. The Brimstone was best in show IMHO. Tasty smoked malt from TX! Yum.

I had a some and I kept getting dried goji berries from that Brimstone (hearkens back to Chinese medicine flavors)... It's weird how my childhood keeps cropping up in my whisky experiences.

Giving 'em the bird tonight. Rare Breed {{gasp}} on ice... That' s nice.

Of the several different small pours I had tonight the Louisville labeled Special Reserve (bottled in '95) reminded me again that bourbon from DSP-KY-16, even at its end, was still awfully good. With its younger age and lower proof it still has hints of the sweet nut and cognac type taste that is then developed further in the exquisite Van Winkle bottling's. Back at the altar and bowing for this night :grin:.

Taking advantage of my dad's stash to try several I just haven't gotten to yet. Had a little OGD BIB last night and some Baby Saz the night before (which I wasn't crazy about - would prefer Willet 4yo or Russels Reserve 6yr Rye over that). Looking forward to trying some Bowman tonight (but don't recall which one!)

Excellent summation of the special qualities of D.S.P. 16 bourbon and the current Van Winkle line! While the family since the 80's have concentrated on bourbons 10 years and older, there is a definite continuum of flavor, IMO as well.

Gary

Edited by Gillman

Had family over the celebrate the 4th with some baby backs. My son-in-law brought some Red's Rye P. A. ("Ale hopped and brewed with rye"). So I dragged out the Bulleit Rye and the WT101R to have with. Made a very interesting variation on the Boilermakers much favored by my father-in-law and uncle in the Good Old Days when we used to go out to the root cellar on the family farm to bend our elbows.

Later, some OWA for dessert. Just love that stuff! (And miss the old guys, gone several years now.)

But, let's not get maudlin, ladies and gentleman. Happy 4th to all of you--especially the vets.

In celebration of completing my 25th consecutive Peachtree Road Race 10K earlier today (faster than last year!!!--uh, that didn't take much...:D), and getting ready for the fireworks, I'm settling in with an SS OCPR. I adore this bourbon. :yum:

In celebration of completing my 25th consecutive Peachtree Road Race 10K earlier today (faster than last year!!!--uh, that didn't take much...:D), and getting ready for the fireworks, I'm settling in with an SS OCPR. I adore this bourbon. :yum:

Enjoying the last pour from a bottle of Vintage 17 while grilling some chicken and ribs.

Since there is no alcoholic beverage that is more American than Bourbon, and I thought it should be a banner bourbon day. Started out with some Rare Breed in the grand 4th of July traditional and of giving England the bird. Moved on to some Mark while tending to the grill. Moved on to some OWA as the sun set and temperatures finally dropped below 90, and now I am capping the night off with some FRSB.

Pour of Lot B for the night. Simply a fine bourbon for any occasion.

B

A very modest pour of Blanton's tonight before bad.

Enjoyed some PVW23 with my dad and brother while watching fireworks and then we had some PVW20 as a night cap. The PVW23 was definitely the winner.

Charter 101 over ice in the Texas heat. For some reason I'm liking this bottle more than the one I tried a year ago.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!