What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My grandson Bryce was born this evening. I'm celebrating with a nice healthy pour of 07 WLW. :grin: Cheers! Joe

Just received my John J Bowman TPS barrel #45. First impressions are very impressive.

My grandson Bryce was born this evening. I'm celebrating with a nice healthy pour of 07 WLW. :grin: Cheers! Joe

Congrats on the grandson Joe!

Just received my John J Bowman TPS barrel #45. First impressions are very impressive.

Just tapped my barrel 51. Very nice but I think the 45 is the real winner of the two. Leo congrats to joe on the new grandson. May you have decades together.

A little Vintage 17 after a Brick House cigar. Thought the oak in the Vintage might mesh nicely after the cigar.

Mazel Tov to you and the parents of your new grandson, Fishnbowljoe!

Tonight I'm taking it easy, Henry McKenna BiB and ginger ale, with plenty of ice and dash of bitters.

I cracked open a bottle of Heaven Hill 6 yo. With the green label. I was really impressed! Tough to beat for the price. I'm definitely going to have to pick up some more.

I cracked open a bottle of Heaven Hill 6 yo. With the green label. I was really impressed! Tough to beat for the price. I'm definitely going to have to pick up some more.

You ain't kiddin' on that. Rob Hutchins of HH recommended that bottling to a group of us during a tour of HH in the Spring. So I, and a few others picked up bottles. Very tasty, indeed! I still like the BIB version better (particularly out of the beer fridge), but the 90 proof is still very good, and unbelievabley inexpensive.

:toast:

It's been a tough week, felt I needed something Barrel Strength to unwind a bit. 4 Roses OBSK Party Source Private Selection Barrel 4-2U. Sometimes I feel like I should just quit buying everything else and taking flyers on new stuff and just buy all 10 recipes and just stick to the 4R stuff.

I'll have to track down the BIB sometime. I really didn't expect it to be much better than EW Black (which I like just fine) but I think it is. It's on par with the regular BT and a few others in that $20 range for me.

Just opened a bottle of 8 year old ND OGD BIB and it's really hitting the spot. I'm a fan of the ND 86 proofer too, but this just has a bit more oak and rye spice with toned down butterscotch.

Just settled in with a bold pour of Vintage 17,some open bottle time on this one made dramatic improvements.A fine pour and a great value for a 17 year wheater.I only now regret passing on so many of these before hearing of their demise.

Knockin' down some DD, as I just needed a good maintenance pour, or 3 or 4.

Sat on the porch and enjoyed a healthy pour of PVW15 with my Casa Magna Colorado. Great night for listening to katydids and tree frogs express their gratitude for the rain.

Today is my youngest son's graduation party, once it is over I am going to relax in the back with a nice cigar and a pour of PHC Cognac bourbon.

Best regards, Tony

41 on Tuesday, celebrating tonight. Starting with TPS Willett 17 yr wheated, incredible bourbon.

41 on Tuesday, celebrating tonight. Starting with TPS Willett 17 yr wheated, incredible bourbon.

Happy Birthday! I've never had the sloped OCPR. I did gave the square shoulder at Seelbach last fall. I enjoyed it very much.

Happy Birthday! I've never had the sloped OCPR. I did gave the square shoulder at Seelbach last fall. I enjoyed it very much.

Working on the last of a bottle of Vintage 17. It's good but it just isn't in the same league as PVW or Stagg, etc.

A little late (me, not the grandson of course), but Congrats on the family addition, may he have a happy and healthy life ahead.

Now, back too the topic at hand, started out the night with some Rare Breed, but since that last pour of the bottle could not outlast my cigar, I have moved on to some Saz 18. No particular rhyme or reason, other than enjoying a nice evening, a good cigar, and some peace and quiet, I felt it was a good time to treat myself to my top shelf.

Enjoyed a little EH Taylor Tornado this evening followed by some AAA 10yr TPS. Felt I deserved a reward for figuring out how to set up a N Router behind my UVerse connection. Now I can surf in my living room.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!