What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, tonight a little bit of Buffalo Trace followed by a little bit of Rittenhouse Rye 100 BIB. Believe I like the Rittenhouse better, but both are might good!

Been expire entwine on some whiskey sours. Started with a WT Rye 101 whiskey sour. Now I'm just sipping some EHT Barrel Proof with an ice cube.

OGD 114. A few days ago I brought about a half a bottle down to 107 proof with my trusty graduated cylinder. All this talk about whiskey and air time :skep:...The noticeable difference for me is how much it improves, when cutting high proof whiskey with water, if the water gets to mingle for a few days. Fishnbowljoe's cut at home Stagg, done a few days before he brought it to the Gazebo, and nobody guessed correctly, was a great example. It was much better than just cutting it in the drinking glass after pouring...wasn't it :cool: ?

Tonight it was a battle of wheaters between 2011 Lot B and 2010 W.L. Weller. Clear winner with a bit of ice cube cutting was the Weller. Amazing stuff.

Finally opened a bottle of the GBS EC15, and it is even better than I remember it from this summer. Lovely balance of sweet with oak char (reminds me of the burnt sugar on top of a crème brûlée). Happy Halloween folks!

Watching Hornets v Spurs and indulging in some Four Roses. Standard OBSV, an OBSO, 2012 LE SmB, and 17 year gift shop bottle.

Nice relaxing night with some EC12. Not the best, but a nice easy drinker to finish off an evening.

FR Mariage '09 and Henry McKenna BiB while waiting for the doorbell to ring yesterday evening.

With the storm this week, even though the Boston area didn't get hit as hard as forecast, power is still out in some sections of my town, and there are still downed trees being cleaned up. Not surprising that we were down about 50% in trick-or-treaters this year. As long as being open for business on Halloween is even remotely possible (last year we had an ice storm, this year a hurricane, next year it's gonna be frogs or locusts or something), I'll be handing out candy.

WLW 2011, Binny's FR OESV, 1789b FR OESF...a good night of barrel proof bourbons while chatting with the crew on sb.com!

Bored and threw together an 80/20 blend of Four Roses OBSO and Yamazaki 12 yo. It's...interesting. Should I call it:

OBSarigatO

Bourbon-san

The Rutledge Roll

Bored and threw together an 80/20 blend of Four Roses OBSO and Yamazaki 12 yo. It's...interesting. Should I call it:

OBSarigatO

Bourbon-san

The Rutledge Roll

Why not 80/20 FROBSOYAMA12?

A bold pour of FRSmB LE '12. I'm surprised there isn't more noise about this bourbon on the forum. Its fantastic! The perfect foil to the Parker's '12 sweetness which may be my next pour.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!