What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Russell's Reserve 10 101 a far cry from the current release,much deeper,rounder and full on all counts.

Started with a 2011 GTS pour for $9 at a bar in Del Mar. Can't believe it was part of the Happy Hour.

Pulled a TV outside, lit a fire, enjoying some 4R 2009 Mariage. Absolutely a beautiful night by the fire.

Since my Arizona Wildcats pulled off the upset against the Trojans, PVW20 tonight. You try to ration it (even though I've bunkered one) and you almost forget how good it is.

PHC 2012 finished with a healthy pour of VOF Heaven Hill BHC. Good evening of bourbon after an Irish win!!!

Finally got to try the 2012 PHC and really enjoyed it. Hope I can find a bottle next year when my self-imposed ban is lifted! Tried too many great bourbons and ryes last night to keep track of, despite my best efforts to do so. Great GBS event!!

Hosted a Halloween party last night and had multiple pours of A.Bowman C.S.,PHC 6th and FR OBSK,what a hell of a way to spend a night.

Started with PHC2012 then moved to an Angel's Envy which I had not had before. It was very good but should have done this first as the PHC overshadowed it.

Best regards, Tony

Weller 12 and Lot "B" from 2011.

I don't think I could tell these two bottles apart in a blind tasting.

Rob

Finishing off a bottle of Pure Kentucky XO from KBD. Very nice. Exceeded all expectations. Plus, a very neat bottle!

Hurricane party on my porch so the bar is getting hit hard

Saz18

Baby Saz

Double Oaked woodford

CEHT Tornado

OWA

Vintage 21 Rye

PHC 2012

Sounds very nice. Having a hurricane party in my basement, but no bourbon thus far. Planning on hitting that once the power goes out!

Hurricane party on my porch so the bar is getting hit hard

Saz18

Baby Saz

Double Oaked woodford

CEHT Tornado

OWA

Vintage 21 Rye

PHC 2012

Giving WT101 a try for the first time. I always assumed I wouldn't like it. And while it definitely has that hot, rye spice thing going on it has other subtle nuances too. A solid bourbon in my opinion.

Starting the night with some Willett 18yr Doug & Willyz pre-fire HH #8550...Sweet entree with a nice blend of wood, brown sugar, and maple. Nice selection and the exact opposite profile of 8551...amazing that two sister barrels can be so different! ;)

Opened up a bottle of Binny's hand picked ETL. Great orange and spice with a cocoa nib finish. Fantastic neat sipper catching up on Boardwalk Empire!

Starting the night with some Willett 18yr Doug & Willyz pre-fire HH #8550...Sweet entree with a nice blend of wood, brown sugar, and maple. Nice selection and the exact opposite profile of 8551...amazing that two sister barrels can be so different! ;)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!