What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with some Stagg 2012 and then followed that up with a pour of the barrel aged manhattan from High West. The Stagg is fantastic as always and the manhattan is interesting.

Celebrated my 5 year anniversary with my wife this weekend by opening my Four Roses 17yr gift shop bottle. Simply excellent bourbon.

Celebrated my 5 year anniversary with my wife this weekend by opening my Four Roses 17yr gift shop bottle. Simply excellent bourbon.

Happy Anniversary Andrew. Nice choice of pours. Cheers to ya'!

Happy Anniversary Andrew. Nice choice of pours. Cheers to ya'!

Thank you very much! I better cool it with all the bourbon buying, though, or I might not see 10. :)

Started with some FR P/C OBSF with a splash of water and now I'm celebrating the Bears first TD with some FR P/C OESF...could be a FR's night! :)

Doing a little prep work for the week, while enjoying my two favorite 2012 whiskies. The 2012 PHC (now ranking as my personal favorite whiskey of all time), and a bit of Redbreast 12yr Cask Strength (as I've said before, I'm not sure I can find 5 bourbons that I like better than this Irish). What a great whiskey year it has been.

Michters 10 year old Batch 8 bourbon. Top 10 ever. So much vanilla, corn candy and nougat sweetness in this pour. Fantastic

A wheater night. Started with pour of JPR 17; working on Pappy 20; and will close w/PHC 5th.

Loving this fall whiskey-drinking weather.

Bill

Early Times quart bottle, with a 73 on the bottom. ATF and WI tax stamps. Outstanding! Loads of warm, sweet spice on the nose and a rummy, baked apple mid-palate. It's only 80proof but it drinks like a 90.

I had the left over vatting from the Sunday tailgate for the Bengals game. I was not prepared for my buddies coming over so I had to grab something. I poured about half a flask of OGD 114 (that is all that was left) and half of an OWA (this had been opened for several weeks). I really didn't expect much out of it. I have to admit it tasted damn good. I will have to get some more OGD 114 to do a fair tasting and put up notes but my buddies all commented how good it was. The flask was a bigger plastic flask so we all had a couple of drinks out of it. I really only expected to drink I for effect (get numb to watch the Bengals piss one away again).

Received my first bottle of JPS 18 today. Batch 9. I'm a happy man. It's got everything I like in a bourbon from nose to finish. Caramel, vanilla, oak, tobacco. I'm a very happy man right now. At 69.99 I'll be bunkering a couple bottles of this for sure.

FRsB 2012 LE, wow. I've had great luck with Four Roses products as of late, but this one is flooring me. Fantastic.

Really enjoying the TPS selection Bowman Barrel #45. It's different and interesting in a way I can't quite put my finger on, but it's certainly tasty.

Man, I love bourbon.

I knew tonight was a stroll down to the neighborhood pumpkin expo with my kids, so I dug out the current Rebel Yell 750 that still had 3 inches left. Coffee mug, ice-cubes and Bittercube Blackstrap Bitters to cash this bottle.

I took one last taste neat for academic purposes (it had been open for about a year and a half). At no time during this duration would I have picked it for a wheater. As Luxco is the same company that still erroneously and unethically labels current David Nicholson as being distilled at DSP-KY-16, I don't trust that it's a wheater at all, although the back label states this. It drinks like HH rye-recipe that didn't qualify for the awful JTS Brown 80pr.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!