What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Old Forester 75th Anniversary Repeal Bourbon straight from the bottle. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Finishing up on a really...weird...day, with a stiff pour of OGD 114. Dang, is this fine, fine, whiskey. I find it inexplicable as to why Beam sells such a nicely aged, barrel proof, beautifully packaged, lip-smackingly delicious bourbon, at such an outrageously low price...They must really love us...and, I ain't complaining. :D

Ya know, Beam takes a lot of crap on these boards. But, when I sit down and think about it, they do a heck of a lot of things "right", by us.

So true, Joe. I always have a bottle of OGD114 on hand and it seems to be very popular with all of my friends when they visit. We absolutely fly through the stuff and nobody can believe the price when I tell them what I paid for it. Amazingly good value, that's for sure!

:lol: Nice! We've all been there, brother. But, as you probably know, she has parked your transgression away for payback at another time. Them females is sneaky. You know you're going to pay her off eventually! :D So, celebrate hard now, on your nice haul!

:toast:

I've been banished upstairs, since Mrssmokinjoe has the girlfriends over for a Holiday drunkfest. Watching SNL Christmas on TV (BTW, if you got nuthin' to do, turn it on as it's hilarious!), and ripping through the bunker. B&B OWA is shining, tonight. The New Holland Beer Barrel continues to impress, as well.

...stiff pour of OGD 114. Dang, is this fine, fine, whiskey. I find it inexplicable as to why Beam sells such a nicely aged, barrel proof, beautifully packaged, lip-smackingly delicious bourbon, at such an outrageously low price...

Couldn't agree more. Maybe it's a gift like EC18 from HH.

The New Holland Beer Barrel continues to impress, as well.

I've had my eye on this at Astor, may have to pick it up. Wanted to see some feedback before making the purchase though, and it seems to be positive so far.

On topic, started out with some OGD 114 tonight, and then moved on to V17. Both great in their own way. Took out the PHC 2012 devil's batch bottle, but that may be pushing it.

Edited by jeffrey r

I've had my eye on this at Astor, may have to pick it up. Wanted to see some feedback before making the purchase though, and it seems to be positive so far.

On topic, started out with some OGD 114 tonight, and then moved on to V17. Both great in their own way. Took out the PHC 2012 devil's batch bottle, but that may be pushing it.

Qualifier...

I don't mean to overstate the New Holland. I do like it. But, I judge my postitive impression with it is based on a comparison to the Harrison Bourbon (another LDI bourbon). It is definitely better than that. Much better. But, it ain't cheap at $35. So, YMMV. Regardless, it is solid, tasty, and worthy additon to my rotation.

Started by sharing a few good pours of PVW 20 with my neighbors, then moved to VWFRR and am now enjoying a healthy pour of Weller 12...also eyeing up HW 16, that would be a nice cap to the wheater/rye evening

A nice pour of Buffalo Trace.... I skip past this bottle too often (and shouldn't). This is a solid bourbon at a reasonable price.

Rob

AAA 10, then onto baby Saz, then finishing with Yamazaki. Gotta love the AAA at that price.

I've been banished upstairs, since Mrssmokinjoe has the girlfriends over for a Holiday drunkfest.

Sounds like trouble. If you need any help with crowd control, I can be there in about 30 minutes.

Gentlemen, I stand here before you a man about to await his bride in the morning.

At the rehearsal dinner this evening, I had a Bookers and emptied the remainder of a Larceny while I packed for the honeymoon. The next time I address you all, I will be a married man.

Gentlemen, I stand here before you a man about to await his bride in the morning.

At the rehearsal dinner this evening, I had a Bookers and emptied the remainder of a Larceny while I packed for the honeymoon. The next time I address you all, I will be a married man.

Congratulations on your big day! I will drink a toast to you and your bride. I was 46 when I got married I was so nervous I thought I was going to pass out. My blood presure was so high my face was beet red.

Edited by p_elliott

Old Grand Dad BIB

You're in a rut, sir. You need to break it up with another selection. ;)

But, you've given me a good idea. A little nip of OGD BIB before heading out to put up the Christmas decorations! :D

Some 2009 GTS! This is some amazing whiskey 141.4. Looking forward to scoring a bottle of this years stuff.

Had 'em all Joe, now I drink what I like.

Ahhhh, blissful contentment. We all should be so lucky. Hat's off to you.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!