What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had my first pour of Larceny from a freshly opened bottle, followed up by a pour of SB blend that's been blended for a few weeks. Gut reaction is that the Larceny was less flavorful and a bit harsher going down, but had a nice caramely finish. The SB blend was more flavorful all the way through and delicious, but had less of that caramely finish. Both nice options, but I'll see how the Larceny opens up with airtime.

Had my first pour of Larceny from a freshly opened bottle, followed up by a pour of SB blend that's been blended for a few weeks. Gut reaction is that the Larceny was less flavorful and a bit harsher going down, but had a nice caramely finish. The SB blend was more flavorful all the way through and delicious, but had less of that caramely finish. Both nice options, but I'll see how the Larceny opens up with airtime.

Doing some dive bar hopping. Started with WT 101 at the 1st bar, then an Angel's Envy at the 2nd. Next bar ordered a Maker's 46, got a MM. No surprise. When I asked what kind of bourbon they had, she said "Gentleman Jack, Jameson, Tullamore, Dewar's .....,"

Cool bar other than that.

Old Grand Dad BIB

I have a decent sized stash of ND OGD BIB which I really love, but I recently picked up a liter of the current stuff (encouraged by Smokinjoe singing the praises of 114 and Josh's Sipology review) and was I reminded of how good it is. It reminds me a bit of RittBIB: just really solid whiskey, pretty sweet, but it's kept in check by the spice. At about $20 flat for a liter, you can't really do much better than that.

Edited by Parkersback

2-2-1 vatting of OWA,V17 and WLW'11,pretty incredible stuff for my second attempt at this sort of thing.I felt the ratio was so spot on I wouldn't change a thing,everything seems to compliment one another as far as proof,age and vibrancy.

Started with High West aged Manhattan, next was Jack Daniels Unaged Rye, on PHC 2012 now...it has been an interesting evening and the night is still young!

Tarheel came over last night and we had small pours of:

FR 17 Barrel 18

FR 09 Mariage

TPS Bowman 17

TPS Bowman 19

PVW 15

PVW 20

2010 WLW

2011 THH

VWFRR

2012 PHC

EHT Tornado

ND OGD 86

ND OGD 100

ER 101 LB

and the new RRSB post-7986-144898184844_thumb.jpg

Good stuff, but it was the only Turkey of the night and I haven't drank much WT in the past year so it's hard for me to say in which way it is similar or differs from their other offerings. I'm going to buy 50ml bottles of Rare Breed and 101 for comparison and revisit this one.

Elmer T. Lee and Ale-8-One while watching my favorite Christmas movie..."Scrooged". Bill Murray is brilliant in this flick, and I'm diggin' the drink, too.

Tarheel came over last night and we had small pours of:

FR 17 Barrel 18z

FR 09 Mariage

TPS Bowman 17

TPS Bowman 19

PVW 15

PVW 20

2010 WLW

2011 THH

VWFRR

2012 PHC

EHT Tornado

ND OGD 86

ND OGD 100

ER 101 LB

and the new RRSB [ATTACH]14559[/ATTACH]

Good stuff, but it was the only Turkey of the night and I haven't drank much WT in the past year so it's hard for me to say in which way it is similar or differs from their other offerings. I'm going to buy 50ml bottles of Rare Breed and 101 for comparison and revisit this one.

Holy shit!! I want to hang with you guys. Did you suffer from palate fatigue?

Elmer T. Lee and Ale-8-One while watching my favorite Christmas movie..."Scrooged". Bill Murray is brilliant in EVERY flick, and I'm diggin' the drink, too.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

BTW --- I can't get ETL out here, gotta bug my Total Wine to see if they'll get it for me.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

BTW --- I can't get ETL out here, gotta bug my Total Wine to see if they'll get it for me.

I heartily concur! I don't think I'm overstating when I say that he is one of the greatest comic actors of all time!

:toast:

After a day of festivities celebrating my daughter's graduation from the University of Memphis, it's nothing but the best from my simple, humble bunker this evening:

PVW 20

Seems like just a couple of years ago that mom & me were taking pictures of our little girl standing at the front porch, lunchbox in hand, heading off to her first day of kindergarten...just a short time ago. Advice that was once given to me: Guys (and gals), time goes by so very quickly, enjoy the little ones all you can - for before you can blink twice, they are grown...time slips away like smoke from chimney.

After a day of festivities celebrating my daughter's graduation from the University of Memphis, it's nothing but the best from my simple, humble bunker this evening:

PVW 20

Seems like just a couple of years ago that mom & me were taking pictures of our little girl standing at the front porch, lunchbox in hand, heading off to her first day of kindergarten...just a short time ago. Advice that was once given to me: Guys (and gals), time goes by so very quickly, enjoy the little ones all you can - for before you can blink twice, they are grown...time slips away like smoke from chimney.[/quote

Congrats on your daughter's graduation. My daughters are almost 20 and 17. It seems like two weeks ago I was bringing my first home from the hospital. Time does go fast!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!