What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

post-8610-1448981844958_thumb.jpg

Officially a married man. Bride was beautiful, and the bourbon bar was a hit. 4RSB, EWEB2002, ETL, and Ezra Brooks 12. 4RSB took top honors amount the guests followed by ETL. Off to Vegas with the bride. Thanks for the well wishes. If I get time I'll try to post up when we hit the new bourbon bar in the Venetian.

After another long, but fairly decent day at work, I'm having a couple of nice pours of the Old Forester BIB I bought yesterday. It do hit the spot. :yum:

A couple of blind pours of OWA and W12 with my father who was blown away,for someone that is supposedly not a wheated bourbon fan he sure did enjoy them.:lol:

Officially a married man. Bride was beautiful, and the bourbon bar was a hit. 4RSB, EWEB2002, ETL, and Ezra Brooks 12. 4RSB took top honors amount the guests followed by ETL. Off to Vegas with the bride. Thanks for the well wishes. If I get time I'll try to post up when we hit the new bourbon bar in the Venetian.

Congrats! Looking forward to your report on the Venetian.

Had a few pours of Jefferson 10 rye and now my neighbor stopped by and we are doing a VW night starting with ORVW 10/107, then Lot B and a bit of PVW 20... Throwing a little CEHT Tornado in and then we added a bonded DSP-414 old forester for kicks, 1970s Old Overholt, and a bit of VWFRRze5enydy.jpg

Edited by michaelturtle1

Littlesmokinjoe and I just returned from the Mall, where we were doing some Christmas shopping for Mrssmokinjoe, and I'm doga$$ tired. Gonna need some help, so it's a dauntingly full pour of 2004 GTS. I believe this is the lowest proof of the Series at "only" 129 proof, but it's spectacularly flavorful. Now, the fam is going to kick back and watch "Elf".

After chasing the boggarts around the house all day, I had some 4RSB while watching the Arizona game and now am having some 2012 WLW. It's been a good day.

Rainy and dreary day here in WV. Got a small list of chores wrapped up before settling down for beers and dinner (Founder's Breakfast Stout, Sierra Nevada Narwhal, and Woodchuck Barrel Select Private Reserve which is aged in bourbon barrels) before settling down for the evening with on-the-rocks pours of HH 6yr BIB, OGD 114, and Bookers. Good times. The HH, which was $10 in KY last week, is a seriously great rocks pour for the price and compares favorably to my rocks-value standard bearer WT101.

Littlesmokinjoe and I just returned from the Mall, where we were doing some Christmas shopping for Mrssmokinjoe, and I'm doga$$ tired. Gonna need some help, so it's a dauntingly full pour of 2004 GTS. I believe this is the lowest proof of the Series at "only" 129 proof, but it's spectacularly flavorful. Now, the fam is going to kick back and watch "Elf".

Joe, That's why our creator came up with Christmas Eve morning...the traditional day little MsT Comp and I go shopping for MrsT Comp :cool:. But hey, any trip that ends with an 04 GTS is a good trip.

Myself tonight, following a nice glass (okay, it was two) of Cabernet with dinner includes a single barrel OWA, Old Fitz '88, Eagle Rare 101-Frankfort, Old Forester BIB '81 and then a bunch of 4R SB recipes plus '12 LE small batch and '12 PVW 15. Small pours, plenty of water and tiny sips are essential requisites for any marathon :grin:.

Had a few pours of Jefferson 10 rye and now my neighbor stopped by and we are doing a VW night starting with ORVW 10/107, then Lot B and a bit of PVW 20... Throwing a little CEHT Tornado in and then we added a bonded DSP-414 old forester for kicks, 1970s Old Overholt, and a bit of VWFRR

That Old Overholt dusty is to die for! I had the pleasure of trying a bottle from the 80's, it was phenomenal whiskey and smelled like sticking your head in a barrel of licorice.

That Old Overholt dusty is to die for! I had the pleasure of trying a bottle from the 80's, it was phenomenal whiskey and smelled like sticking your head in a barrel of licorice.

It is also such a smooth drinking whiskey... it goes down like it is half the listed 86 proof. Given a choice between VWFRR and the dusty OO my wife always chooses the dusty Overholt... I just wish I could find a case of it but I only seem to come across individual bottles occasionally

Opened up my Angels Envy. Definitely different. Can smell the port finish on the nose. Has a different taste to it. Not my cup of bourbon but it isn't bad per se. I will come back to it later and see if it changes my mind. I will say the lower proof is a bit of drag on this but can be overlooked a bit with what I am tasting.

Opened up my Angels Envy. Definitely different. Can smell the port finish on the nose. Has a different taste to it. Not my cup of bourbon but it isn't bad per se. I will come back to it later and see if it changes my mind. I will say the lower proof is a bit of drag on this but can be overlooked a bit with what I am tasting.

I happen to love the stuff but it's definitely not for everyone. Give it another whirl in a few days and see what you think. It may have greater appeal to those who also love scotch due to the unusual port finish.

VOB 6 year old BIB that I picked up on my Thanksgiving trip to KY. This is really what does it for me. Extremely well balanced with a surprising amount of complexity to boot.....for.....wait for it......$12!!!! This would probably be my new go to - but we don't carry it in NC! Ridiculous value. Enjoyed the hell out of it.

Feeling pretty dang good sipping on a OWA/Vernor's Ginger Ale, while walking outside and evaluating my lighted outside Christmas decorations. BTW, this years new addition, the lighted shooting star, is quite nice. :D Lookin' good! Vernor's makes a really interesting mixer. It's got a unique flavor that gives more pop to the typical whiskey and ginger. But, you can't really screw up OWA, can ya'?

Glancing over at the old timey lighted plastic Santy Claus and Frosty the Snowman...sweeeeeet! ;)

Feeling pretty dang good sipping on a OWA/Vernor's Ginger Ale, while walking outside and evaluating my lighted outside Christmas decorations. BTW, this years new addition, the lighted shooting star, is quite nice. :D Lookin' good! Vernor's makes a really interesting mixer. It's got a unique flavor that gives more pop to the typical whiskey and ginger. But, you can't really screw up OWA, can ya'?

Glancing over at the old timey lighted plastic Santy Claus and Frosty the Snowman...sweeeeeet! ;)

Where did you find Vernor's down in your neck of the woods, Joe? Try it with Rittenhouse Rye for a real treat!

Where did you find Vernor's down in your neck of the woods, Joe? Try it with Rittenhouse Rye for a real treat!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!