What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Feeling pretty dang good sipping on a OWA/Vernor's Ginger Ale

Growing up in SE Michigan I LOVED Vernors! A few years ago when I was still chasing my bourbon with Coke, I happened to grab a Vernors instead and was pleasantly surprised with the combination. Great stuff!!

I'm having a healthy pour of dusty DSP-KY-2 J.W. Dant BIB. This bourbon is simply fantastic. I would actually put it up against just about any other bourbon in my expansive collection. It stands out even more based on the fact that it was $13.

Edited by atfree

Had a 4oz pour of Old Fitzgerald BIB followed by OGD 114.

The Fitz is really growing on me --- great stuff for $12.99!!

I'm debating having a serving of ORVW 10/107 to finish out the night... I only have the one bottle, so it must be cherished. ;)

Cracked open my bottle of Larceny from TPS. Enjoying this stuff quite a bit. Up until now all of my bourbons have been ryes with the exception of my V17 which I was never sure about. Now I am almost positive it is a wheater. They both have a similar profile with the V17 having a thicker mouthfeel.

I have a few more unopened wheat bottles and if they are this good I may just become a convert.

Cracked open my bottle of Larceny from TPS. Enjoying this stuff quite a bit.

Picked up a bottle of Larceny from TPS over the weekend as well. I'm only a couple of pours into it, but it's becoming a good everyday pour. Nothing particularly complex, but tasty and easy to drink. Looking forward to trying it in some eggnog!

Elmer T Lee on the rocks, the more I have this, the more I like it. Seems to have improved with air time.

ETL definitely improves with age. I had a CnB selection that tasted like water when first opened but exploded with flavor after being open for a couple of weeks. I was sad to see that one go. :cry:

Whistlepig rye in a spontaneous cocktail concoction (sweet vermouth, orange bitters, tart cherry grenadine)

no pic today.

Picked up a bottle of Larceny from TPS over the weekend as well. I'm only a couple of pours into it, but it's becoming a good everyday pour. Nothing particularly complex, but tasty and easy to drink. Looking forward to trying it in some eggnog!

I had Larceny with eggnog last night. I usually stay away from eggnog, and I never liked it as a kid. The spiked stuff however is delicious. Its most likely that my taste have just changed, but I'm going to blame it on the whisky.

Cheers!

Relaxing after work with some EC18. Not sure what I'll have next, but the EC is going down so well tonight I just may have another.

Finished off a bottle of OC101 and headed straight for the JTS Brown BIB while watching football. Nothing like good quality cheap bourbon! I'm thinking Dixie Dew for tonight. It always pays to plan ahead while you're eating breakfast!:grin:

Elmer T Lee on the rocks, the more I have this, the more I like it. Seems to have improved with air time.

That's my major complaint about ETL. By the time I reach the last pour, it is just about perfect. Then I'm forced to start all over again.

That's my major complaint about ETL. By the time I reach the last pour, it is just about perfect. Then I'm forced to start all over again.

That's the plan, man. That's the plan! They've got us figured out!:grin:

A brilliant marketing plan. I'm glad I am not the only one who found that the ETL has improved over time, the last glass was clearly the best. I may have to rethink my plan of dropping it from the rotation.

Last night, I had some 2005 WLW that was tasty - while not as good as the 2011, it more than got my attention after a few go-arounds with Tequila

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!