What beer are you drinking - Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Leinenkugel berry weiss. It was a toss up between this and Leinie lemon berry shandy. This won, lemon berry shandy is 2nd and Yuengling black and tan is 3rd!

Thomas

A flight of beer and donuts at Lexington Beerworks. 3 local beers (Deliberation Amber by West Sixth, Hopfield and McCoy by Alltech, Wham! Stein by Against the Grain) and Oat by Southern Tier. Paired with smoked sausage and cheddar kolache, spicy jalapeño kolache, spice cake donut, and yeast donut with dark chocolate icing.

Trying to decide if I should open the bottle of Dogfish Head Bitches Brew that I came across yesterday or put it up on the shelf and let it "cook" a while. It was originally released in 2010 to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the debut of Miles Davis' Bitches Brew album but now comes out on a periodic basis apparently.

In the meantime made the mistake of trying the Shock Top pumpkin wheat ale. Not much pumpkin flavor or really anything else. Pretty bland.

Getting tired of the Oktoberfest beers I've been drinking these last few weeks but I've still got another twelve or so left from the cases I bought. I think I'm ready for some porter and stout.

Geting tired of variety packs showing up once and then disappearing for good. Also tired of new seasonal beers only showing up in variety packs, as Blue Moon caramel apple spice recently did. Sometimes i don't want the variety, only the ones I like!

Thomas

Enjoyed a pair of great new fruit beers from New Glarus last night, Enigma (a cherry-based sour) and Serendipity, which features cherry, apple and cranberry and will replace the Belgian Red (cherry) in the rotation for the next year because this year's Wisconsin cherry crop had such a poor yield. Both are delicious and I look forward to cracking more in coming weeks.

Also had a pair from Half Acre growlers, Lager Town (their martzen -- last year's was better, but this was still good) and Alpenglo, a nice hoppy brown ale.

And I loved the Three Floyds Rye'd Da Lightning, yet another winning hop-forward ale. Firestone-Walker Double DBA once again showed how well these guys do with barrel-aged beers.

There's nothing like poker night with fellow beer and bourbon enthusiasts!

Getting tired of the Oktoberfest beers I've been drinking these last few weeks but I've still got another twelve or so left from the cases I bought. I think I'm ready for some porter and stout.
Edited by smokinjoe

My hotel in Austin, TX had a couple of selections from the local Independence Brewery. I tried both of them. A pale ale and a brown ale. Cute names that I can't remember, and probably more tellingly, I can't remember the beer much, either.

Having a Squatters Wee Peat scotch ale at the Squatters brew pub in downtown Salt Lake.

Being a big fan of Ska Brewery's Modus Operandi, today I picked up one of their seasonals, Euphoria Pale Ale, which I'll be sampling during game 2 of the World Series. Can't wait!

Settling down in the garage, getting ready to listen to the World Series on the radio with a 2012 New Holland Dragon's Milk. Big, oak aged beers can be just too much of a good thing, many times. But, this DM is beautifully balanced. Sweet, vanilla, and big, but it never goes over to an over-sweet, syrupy mess. Nice effort from these folks. :toast:

That Ten Fidy is one of my favorite Imperial Stouts out there...so damn good!

Tried it out last night, Bob. Whew! That's a hunka beer, for sure. It seemed to ooze, rather than pour, out of the can. :D Momma's making chili later this week, and I think this might be a really nice accompaniment.

Ballast Point (San Diego) has just released the latest brew of Victory at Sea, their coffee porter. My lord, this beer is just too epic!

Well it certainly is getting close to the holidays now since I picked up a sixer of one of my favorites, Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale! One of my favorite seasonal beers!

I've been pushed inside with the rainy cool front that wandered through an hour, or so, ago. Firgure I'll purge my burgeoning T-Shirt drawer while enjoying a Boulevard Oktoberfest...:rolleyes: Then again, I may just take a nap after I finish the brew...:D

Sandy delayed Trick or Treat in a number of cities here in NE Ohio and tonight's the night for my city. I've got a couple Newcastle Brown Ales queued up for handing out candy and bee essing with the neighbors.

FCB Chocolate Stout and DHBC Perkulator Coffee Dopplebock, I love the seasonal choices this time of year.

Taking a run at the Oskar Blues Ten Fidy based on the positive comments here. Definitely a significant change of pace from pumpkin ale and Crabbie's!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.