What did you pass up today? Autumn '12

Tucker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Didn't pass up a thing I could afford, of course if I'd had a few extra Benjamins on me my bag would have been heavier.

Stopped in a new store (to me) today and saw several bottles of the '12 PHC for $80, plenty of EC20 (forgot the price) and more JPS at $90 (batch 6 and 15).

Also saw a couple I haven't noticed before including Kentucky Vintage and Corner Creek from KBD. The person I talked to (not sure what his function was, may well have been the owner!) was convinced that KBD was a fine little family distillery that made all their own products based on what his rep had told him. Far be it for me to burst his bubble since it was the first time I had been there although I may have politely mentioned he may want to check that and showed him that the Willett Rye came from Indiana, not Kentucky and that I was pretty sure KBD sourced all their whiskey from somewhere else! I know they are now distilling too but I don't think they sell anything yet do they?

Also saw a couple of bottles from Journeyman Distillery out of Michigan, including the Buggy Whip Wheat and Silver Cross whiskey at $46 each. I presume it is young whiskey but at least it appears to be made by the distillery listed on the label! Decided not to experiment with it without at least doing some research on it. Seemed to be plenty available so I doubt it is going anywhere soon.

Passed up a JPS 17, batch 9. I've never had a JPS 17 over batch 7, so I didn't want to risk $90.

Also passed up plenty of different 25yr old Islays.

1.75L bottles of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve @ $59.99 with a limited edition-type sticker called "The Collaboration". No idea what this was, but I wasn't going to buy it unless I heard more specifics about it.

Edited by jeffrey r

1.75L of Weller 12 @ $52. Like the product, just couldn't picture that large a bottle sitting on my shelf.

People haven't been given the whiskey bible as a Xmas present yet. I'm guessing it'll happen soon.

Tons of THH 12'

even with the #1 ranking it still is the last BTAC to move around here

Passed up A.H. Hirsch gold foil, WLW, and ER 17. Got my hopes up for a second when I saw the Hirsch but it was 700euro. WLWs were 140 euro. I believe the guy was telling me they have 12 bottles of the Hirsch but just one was out. These are in Dublin.

Other than that one place no one has had much bourbon. It's pretty high, maybe 25% to 30% higher than the US. Scotch and Irish whiskey seem similarly high. I'll be visiting Jameson in the next few days. Did the Guinness brewery already and that was great.

Other than that one place no one has had much bourbon. It's pretty high, maybe 25% to 30% higher than the US. Scotch and Irish whiskey seem similarly high. I'll be visiting Jameson in the next few days. Did the Guinness brewery already and that was great.

Is part of that from the VAT (which I could get refunded if I spent enough if I took it with me out of the country)?. Alhough I have found bourbon and other US spirits to generally be higher in Europe than here in the US in general. Taxes, duties and/or import fees perhaps?

Passed on the BTOC Saz 18 yr., which is on shelf for $90. Would have jumped at this one but funds diverted to other bottles.

Passed on a bottle of the St. George 30th Anniversary Edition Single Malt Whiskey.

post-8493-14489818491416_thumb.jpg

It was pretty with the shiny black box and all but not $400 worth of pretty for me. But might be just the ticket for somebody else!

post-8493-14489818491416_thumb.jpg

Passed on a 1.75 of Weller Special Reserve. Don't see too many of the family sized bottles of the Weller around here. Had the "aged 7 years" label on the neck as opposed to the 90 proof. Can someone tell me how long ago the label change happened? Thanks

Passed on a 1.75 of Weller Special Reserve. Don't see too many of the family sized bottles of the Weller around here. Had the "aged 7 years" label on the neck as opposed to the 90 proof. Can someone tell me how long ago the label change happened? Thanks

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!