What did you pass up today? Autumn '12

Tucker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today I passed on a bunch of Weller 12, I already have several bottles stored away. A few days ago, I saw several bottles (6 or so) of 4RSmB LE 2010 priced at $73/bottle. I love the current release, but have never tasted the 2010. Do you guys think it's worth going back for a couple of the 2010's, or should I just buy another 2012? Thanks in advance!

Passed on:

ORVW 10/107

Lot B

WR 4 Wood

Vintage 23 Rye

ER17

The first four were roughly suggested retail. The ER17 was about $12 more than it was in other shops this year and $10 more than the other BTAC's they had in stock. Go figure.

Rock Hill Farms at $42.99, they have a handful of bottles, all dusty, don't think the brand moves well for them.

My profile name might be SDPappy but I decided to pass on Pappy this year....and it feels so good! My buddy texted me saying he was able to acquire Pappy 15 for $90, Pappy 20 for $140, and Pappy 23 for $290 and asked if I wanted 2 of each. I told him I'd pass so he sold it to another friend. Bought some Brunello di Montalcino instead.

My profile name might be SDPappy but I decided to pass on Pappy this year....and it feels so good! My buddy texted me saying he was able to acquire Pappy 15 for $90, Pappy 20 for $140, and Pappy 23 for $290 and asked if I wanted 2 of each. I told him I'd pass so he sold it to another friend. Bought some Brunello di Montalcino instead.

I did the same as SDpappy, passed up all the bourbon I could stand to look at and bought a bottle of wine. In my case a Piesporter Michaelsburg Riesling.

Over the last few days: 2011 & 2012 THH; CEHT: Rye, SB, Tornado; Masterson's Rye; OFBB 2012

Nice wine selection! Good thing you stocked up: http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/04/vandals-destroy-prized-brunello-di-montalcino-wine/

I passed up an EC18 at $50 but am having second thoughts. I have a funny relationship with this bottling. I know that $50 is a very reasonable price for an 18 year-old bourbon, especially one that's been discontinued. And I've had some great bottles (although most have been hand-picked by retailers), as well as some over-oaked, ashy duds. But then I see it on the shelf and get gun-shy.

I passed up an EC18 at $50 but am having second thoughts. I have a funny relationship with this bottling. I know that $50 is a very reasonable price for an 18 year-old bourbon, especially one that's been discontinued. And I've had some great bottles (although most have been hand-picked by retailers), as well as some over-oaked, ashy duds. But then I see it on the shelf and get gun-shy.

I've experienced same & keep passing up a retailer barrel as I observe the supply thereof continue to dwindle. How do we get over this hump?

Every time I pass on something I regret it sooner than later,I wish we still had some of these floating around.I am down to one lowly bottle which is a hand selected,so I guess I see your query.

Every time I pass on something I regret it sooner than later,I wish we still had some of these floating around.I am down to one lowly bottle which is a hand selected,so I guess I see your query.

I know all about the regretting sooner than later. I've decided it's high time to go ahead and spring for a couple of these. I was holding out a couple $100 anyway for Pappy if any came my way. Since that is obviously not going to happen, might as well grab something that is still out there but will soon be gone probably for good. From all I've read here and heard on the street, I don't see how HH is going to move much of the 'new' EC20...but, maybe they really don't care judging by how well they've done with the PHC line and the vast myriad of other labels they have on the market worldwide.

Passed on hand signed four roses 2008 marriage. There were actually a few bottles on the shelf. Same store had last years PHC and this years. Already regretting.

Called around at least to 30 shops this evening for 1 bottle of Saz 18 since it's hitting the shelves here right now. Located, supposedly, four Saz 18s in one Bevmo. 1 for me and the other 3 for a couple of friends. Drove an hour to find the bottles were Handy. Should've known this would all be a dream. Mad and in a rush to get to the next big chain for 1 Saz before closing, I left all four $79 THH there. Probably by next summer, I'll wish I picked up all of them.

I know where 2 are located, I really enjoyed the EC12 original, so I might have to pick these up when I get some extra funds. I didnt know they were discontinued

I know where 2 are located, I really enjoyed the EC12 original, so I might have to pick these up when I get some extra funds. I didnt know they were discontinued

It was the EC18 that was discontinued not the EC12 So no hurry on picking up EC12 it's not going any where.

It was the EC18 that was discontinued not the EC12 So no hurry on picking up EC12 it's not going any where.

Was just offered a bottle of "widow Jane"...shop keep was selling for $65 but said it would be $400 next year. Gave mea sample...not bad...but nothing I really love.

Was just offered a bottle of "widow Jane"...shop keep was selling for $65 but said it would be $400 next year. Gave mea sample...not bad...but nothing I really love.

Widow Jane is currently being put in BTAC bottles and selling at BTAC prices! Is this an example of a "luxury" and "rare" brand being created out of thin air?

post-8080-14489818438857_thumb.jpg

4R Marriage - $100 - maybe I can talk them down a few bucks by pointing out that it's been on the shelf for 3 years, and it was hidden behind regular 4RsmB.

4x V17 - $60 - I'll be going back for these. Judging by the amount of dust they could be the non-wheater, I forgot to check the font.

4R Marriage - $100 - maybe I can talk them down a few bucks by pointing out that it's been on the shelf for 3 years, and it was hidden behind regular 4RsmB.

4x V17 - $60 - I'll be going back for these. Judging by the amount of dust they could be the non-wheater, I forgot to check the font.

I'd buy each f those for those prices.

B

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!