What did you pass up today? Autumn '12

Tucker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Apparently, Widow Jane is 5yr old bourbon (they also have a 7yr) sourced from Kentucky that's been cut to 91 Proof using "special" limestone mineral water from upstate NY. It sells for $52 in their Brooklyn shop.

I suggest you go back to the store and laugh in their face at that $400 prediction.

The only "special" thing in that water judging by the light at the end of the photo is bat poop!

I'd buy each f those for those prices.

B

I am confident they will still be there in 4 weeks or so when I am able to purchase them. BTAC depleted my whiskey funds for the remainder of 2012.

Passed on some smooth ambler old scout 6 yr at $36 and 2012 PHC at $79 (133.2 proof). Hopefully Santa will bring me the PHC as it's not in my current budget.

PHC 27 year - $230

Michter's 25 year - $350

Old Fitzgerald, ca. 1901 - $999 - I felt like Danny Devito in Romancing the Stone - "I had it in my hands, Ira!"

One of my local haunts got a bit of WLW in yesterday. I was hoping to find some of the 12' but it was all the 11'. I left three on the shelf after grabbing a few.

Bought most of what I wanted today. Passed on some Whistlepig, bunch of Smooth Ambler, 1.75s of Weller 12, and a few others that are escaping me at the moment.

Passed on a lone bottle of ORVW10/107 and some Handy. They're the only remnants I've seen of this week's Los Angeles Pappy/BTAC madness.

I passed up on a lone FR LE Small Batch 2010.

I'm kicking myself on not getting it the more that I think about it.

Probably the only good thing is that it will probably still be there next time i pass through the area.

B

I passed up on a lone FR LE Small Batch 2010.

I'm kicking myself on not getting it the more that I think about it.

Probably the only good thing is that it will probably still be there next time i pass through the area.

B

Passed up some 2012 THH at 70, a bottle of 2012 WLW at 84 (bought 1, left 1), 1 bottle 4RSB 2012 at 80. I also left a BMH 16 yr bourbon along with 2 Parker's Heritage 27 year bottles.

Passed up some 2012 THH at 70, a bottle of 2012 WLW at 84 (bought 1, left 1), 1 bottle 4RSB 2012 at 80. I also left a BMH 16 yr bourbon along with 2 Parker's Heritage 27 year bottles.

You are a stronger person that I. Recollect how much the Parker's Heritage 27 was?

There is still PHC 27 in the wild?

There is still PHC 27 in the wild?

I saw one or two last week (couldn't tell how many they had as this place has shelves to the ceiling and the dude had to climb all the way up to tell me which PHC it was) for $230.

The usual suspects: the CEHT lineup, $60 & up; HW 21 @ $130; JB & JD at any price; and lastly I finally came across a PHC 6th but left it @ $95

Walking through Liquor Barn in Louisville was tough, but I could only fit two bottles safelly in my roller bag for the flight home tomorrow. Had to pass up the following:

Hancock's Reserve (Private Barrel Selection) for $33

Knob Creek Private Single Barrel Selection for $36

Four Roses Barrel Strength Private Barrel Selection (OESF, 122.x proof)for $54 (but I DID pick up the OBSF version!)

Elmer T Lee Private Barrel Selection for $26 (as I look forward to the GBS selection in April!)

James E Pepper 1776 Rye 100 proof (at KBF I tried a James E Pepper 1776 15 yr Bourbon that I really liked) for $28

There were some others, but those were the only ones I made records of before I was near tears. Would have loved to bring home a couple more . . . not that I have ANY whisky shortage at the house :rolleyes:

Passed on a Pappy 15 priced at $149.99, a Lot B for $79.99, and a ORVW 10/107 for $49.99.

First I ever saw in the wild, almost pulled the trigger out of reflex, then took note of the price and had to let it go. Told the guy they were way above msrp, he just said prices for those are going up... I said I know peole will pay for them, but I got a Lot B for $52 and I got a 20yr for $114...So, :rolleyes:

A Ritt. 21yr for $189.99 ... Really want this bottle, but can't justify the price...right now

Also left behind an Old Potrero 18th cent. an an EC18, (got one of each).

Also saw a place that had a lot of tax stamp bottles, some WT something, definitely saw a Old Charter 86 and some other different spirits. Asked if they were for sale, they said they were just part of the display... :skep:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!