What did you pass up today? Autumn '12

Tucker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm one of those "other guys" and have to admit I thought about buying 2 of them

Did I tell you what I paid for mine on clearance in Pennsylvania? :P

I left my name/number with a merchant over a year ago, to call me if he got any VW. He called me out of the blue today and told me he had some ORVW 10/107 and Lot B. After he told me the price of the 10/107 ($69.99), I politely told him it was too much for me but I really appreciated that he called me. Didn't even get the price of the Lot B, as I was more interested in the 10/107. That's just crazy the way the prices are going these days, a real shame.

Hirsch 21yr Rye for $140 and Angel's Envy Cask Strength for around $175. This same store also had a lot of the 4RSB LE 2012 release, 3 bottles of 4RSmB LE 2012, and some PHC 2012, but I already have backups of all of these.

Hirsch 21yr Rye for $140 and Angel's Envy Cask Strength for around $175. This same store also had a lot of the 4RSB LE 2012 release, 3 bottles of 4RSmB LE 2012, and some PHC 2012, but I already have backups of all of these.

I wish I lived in Kentucky and had this kind of selection. Although I would be very poor.

Best regards, Tony

I actually found some BTAC on the shelves for the first time (at a place no more than 100 feet out my front door). They wanted $110 for Stagg and $125 for THH so I passed on them both.

Had a tip late yesterday on one last GTS '12 that might be left in my general area. Called the store and clerk said he still had one...but, in his words, "you better get over here as quick as possible...I don't know how long it will be here". I replied, "OK and BTW, how much is it?" He replied back, "oh it's $95-100 + tax". I politely said "thanks, but no thanks" and hung up. Now, if I had not already acquired 2, I might have given it a more prolonged period of thought because I have seen on the Forum where others have run into north of $100 for BTAC this year. However, my better judgment quickly overtook my generally bourbon-weak flesh and passed on it. If this is where it is headed in the future, I may very well have bought some of my last BTAC not only this year, but ever.

I spent some time in the northern Indy area Saturday. I was hoping to find some BTAC or VW's. No VW's, I did see a couple bottles of Handy , but at $83.49, I passed. Also:

Rittenhouse 25yr $179.99

HW 21yr $129.99

PHC '12 $89.99, I know it gets much love, but I'm not in love

Did not see any of the FR's LE '12, couldn't believe that

32 dollars for Bernheim Wheat. This is one of the very few times I've seen it on a store shelf around here, but after spending so much on Thanksgiving groceries, I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Passed on a PVW 20 @ $250 and a VWFRR @ $80 at the same store, kind of surprised on the small mark up on the rye when the 20 year was double the minimum.

Passed on a PVW 20 @ $250 and a VWFRR @ $80 at the same store, kind of surprised on the small mark up on the rye when the 20 year was double the minimum.

Fortunately there are plenty of other ways to get lots of good whiskey for that $80... ok decision either way, as long as it ends up with a new bottle or two, right? :D

Fortunately there are plenty of other ways to get lots of good whiskey for that $80... ok decision either way, as long as it ends up with a new bottle or two, right? :D
Edited by LostBottle
effing autocorrect

Consult your physician. Passing on VWFRR under any circumstances means there might be something wrong with you requiring immediate medical attention.

All snarking aside, if I saw VWFRR for $80 I'd still consider it a bargain. $250 for 20 year BT juice is crazy, though.

It wasn't a bad price, I bought 3 so far this year, that's the reason I passed.

That was a mistake you may never get the chance to make again.

Maybe, maybe not, got a total of 7 in the bunker so I'm set for awhile.

The money is going towards 2 bottles to be exact, and I think people will understand when I post what they are.

Friend just texted me, asked if I wanted some Pappy he came across on his travels to Ashville, NC. $120 for a 12 year, $289 for a 20 year. I said thanks but no thanks . . . he passed as well.

Friend just texted me, asked if I wanted some Pappy he came across on his travels to Ashville, NC. $120 for a 12 year, $289 for a 20 year. I said thanks but no thanks . . . he passed as well.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!