What did you pass up today? Autumn '12

Tucker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just saw some Pappy on the shelf. They had Lot B, 15, and 20 for $110, $140, and $230. As soon as I saw the prices I knew they weren't coming home with me.

EC18 for umpteenth time. Shelves still full, maybe pull trigger when it's more scarce around here. When $50 will buy a pvt bbl FRSB OESO, 114,...hard to spend same on EC18, 90

Passed on a tall, thin bottle of the new Old Taylor. Limited edition, fancy bottle, a bit of cache and all that stuff. Same store has 6yr old Barton 86 proof for a bit more than 10 dollars. After close to 50 years of drinking Bourbon now my money goes to contents, not container.

Passed on a tall, thin bottle of the new Old Taylor. Limited edition, fancy bottle, a bit of cache and all that stuff. Same store has 6yr old Barton 86 proof for a bit more than 10 dollars. After close to 50 years of drinking Bourbon now my money goes to contents, not container.

Good to see you back, friend. Happy Thanksgiving!

:toast:

6 4RSmB 2012. Already have one and haven't opened it yet. I'm always hesitant to buy duplicates of anything I haven't tried yet, even if you SBers are raving over it and Binny's has a 10% off your entire order coupon running.

Don't even know where to start, Westport Whiskey had a tasting event in Louisville. OF Birthday 10, 11, 12, 3 of 4 special Taylor Rye's, Jefferson's 18, EC20, Black Maple Hill, etc, etc...

Shelf at home is literally full (both open and backups) so had to pass on some very tough to find bottles. Will say, got to try JP 18 and while not a cheap bottle, tasted like it was worth it.

JPS 18 for $95. No thanks, I know where to get it for $70.

This particular store has been sitting on 5 bottles for weeks, but somehow sold 3 bottles since MON.

JPS 18 for $95. No thanks, I know where to get it for $70.

This particular store has been sitting on 5 bottles for weeks, but somehow sold 3 bottles since MON.

At least around here, nice bottles that have been sitting around for months (or in some cases years) all started disappearing very rapidly the week that VW came and went. I think everything else became consolation prizes for the VW hunters.

At least around here, nice bottles that have been sitting around for months (or in some cases years) all started disappearing very rapidly the week that VW came and went. I think everything else became consolation prizes for the VW hunters.

With the holidays approaching people need bottles for bosses, customers, friends, etc...

And if it's expensive it must be good, right? :rolleyes:

I passed up about 4 or 5 Angel's Envy CS. I saw them at two different stores and when I asked if they had ever sold some of them, I was told no by both places. I know I will never buy any of them, but I was curious.

I may ask you to share your secrets if we get home over Christmas to see my folks.

That would make a merry christmas!!

B

6 4RSmB 2012. Already have one and haven't opened it yet. I'm always hesitant to buy duplicates of anything I haven't tried yet, even if you SBers are raving over it and Binny's has a 10% off your entire order coupon running.

Passed on EC20 and Whistlepig 111. Not that it matters, but I thought the point of the Whistlepig was that it was 111 proof for $111. It was slightly north of that. Maybe they didn't get the memo.

I was buying Baby Saz at a store I like a lot for $29.99/btl earlier this year (which sounds high, but for whiskey products, Massachusetts seems to be about $5/btl over many other states). They've been sold out of it for a while.

It just showed up at another store I regularly visit, in the cabinet with the top-shelf bottles (is there a term in the industry for these display cabinets?), now priced at $39.99.

33% price increase? No thanks.

Edited by Kalessin

Passed on a V17 ($69) and PHC cognac($89). Saving up for the BTAC to hit.

Keep in mind that while the BTAC will be around next year, that V17 won't.

Passed on a FR LE SmB 2010 at $97. I'm thinkin this is probably the only one of these I'm likely to find so I'm tempted to back and grab it.

2011 THH for $100 out the door. When I get around to opening my current already owned 2011, and if I enjoy it as much as others, Ill know where this one sits

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!