What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Fall 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Called ahead to a store while I was on a road trip, asked for GTS. Lady says she has one on stock, will hold it for me for a few hours.

I get there, check the shelf and a GTS 12 is sitting on the shelf. Think nothing of it (other than the lady didn't keep her word), and go to check out. Behind check out is another GTS with my name on it. I tell the cashier I'll take both, and then I read the proof on the 2nd - 143! Great day when an unexpected GTS 10 finds its way into your bunker.

Picked up a PHC 6th and an American Prairie Reserve, too.

Not exactly a bourbon, but I went to meet up with some SB members in Iowa City this weekend and I ended up with a new vehicle:

post-8630-14489818342094_thumb.jpg

post-8630-14489818342094_thumb.jpg

Not exactly a bourbon, but I went to meet up with some SB members in Iowa City this weekend and I ended up with a new vehicle:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14337[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14337[/ATTACH]

Called ahead to a store while I was on a road trip, asked for GTS. Lady says she has one on stock, will hold it for me for a few hours.

I get there, check the shelf and a GTS 12 is sitting on the shelf. Think nothing of it (other than the lady didn't keep her word), and go to check out. Behind check out is another GTS with my name on it. I tell the cashier I'll take both, and then I read the proof on the 2nd - 143! Great day when an unexpected GTS 10 finds its way into your bunker.

Picked up a PHC 6th and an American Prairie Reserve, too.

Sometimes the whiskey Gods provide us good fortune when least expected. Nice finds.

Spent a week in OK and KS for some family stuff. Happened across a few things. Forgive me that they aren't all bourbon.

post-8324-14489818342762_thumb.jpg

I think the Crawfords is from 1990. Probably terrible, but I'm a sucker for a tax stamp.

The WTRB is 1-99.

post-8324-14489818342556_thumb.jpg

Edited by redbear

Spent a week in OK and KS for some family stuff. Happened across a few things. Forgive me that they aren't all bourbon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14338[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14339[/ATTACH]

I think the Crawfords is from 1990. Probably terrible, but I'm a sucker for a tax stamp.

The WTRB is 1-99.

How can you tell when your RB was made? I couldnt make sense of my bottle code.

There have been several batch codes on RB bottles - the most recent is WT-03RB. That's what he's referring to.

Don't all bottles have that code? There's actually a dot matrix code etched on the bottle as well. (at least on mine)

There have been several batch codes on RB bottles - the most recent is WT-03RB. That's what he's referring to.

Thanks for the thread! I guess mine is a "newer" version. However, didn't RB simply stay with WT-03RB after 2000? So really my bottle could be as old as 2000 or as new as 2011?

Right, WT-03RB has been around for a very long time. Seems that they're giving up on the batch number altogether with the new label.

2 x Four Roses 2012 Small Batch

1 x Sazerac 18

1 x Larceny

1 x handle Heaven Hill Old Style BIB 6 year

Really glad to find the latest FRSB!

Rob

Actually yesterday:

2 x Four Roses 2012 Small Batch

1 x Sazerac 18

1 x Larceny

1 x handle Heaven Hill Old Style BIB 6 year

Really glad to find the latest FRSB!

Today:

2 x WLW

2 x G T Stagg

2 x Sazerac 18

1 x Eagle Rare

Took a couple vacation days to hunt.... time well spent

Rob

George T Stagg 2012, William LaRue Weller 2012, Sazerac 18, Eagle Rare 17, Thomas H Handy, Jack Daniels Holliday Select 2012.

Picked up a JPS 17 Batch 4 today, been a little while since I've seen one on the shelf so it came home with me.

Batch 4 is good stuff. I have that one open currently, but sadly it's almost done.

I got a shipping notice for 2 PHC 2012 and 2 Jefferson 18s. Hopefully they show up. I have an odd experience with this retailer.

4 PVW15 Fall 2012

4 ORVW 10/107 Fall 2012

Passed on the 20's as the price was a bit high.

and so the hunt begins.....

and so the hunt begins.....

from Old Rip on facebook and twitter today:

Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery

Shipments to the wholesalers will begin going out in the next few weeks. Inventory will make its way to stores a week or two after that.

Edited by berto

Van Winkle Lot B X4 and a 2012 ER

The Lot B was from last year,weird how in some places it just doesn't sell.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!