What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Fall 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Eagle Rare 17 2011 I think since it was the one and only bottle in an ABC store in Miami 3 weeks ago. They shipped it back to their warehouse and then to a store Ormond Beach where my daughter lives. Will be in Texas in a couple weeks.

One of things of interest is that if it starts to go downhill at 9 years, how is it that the 17yrs are some of the best O_O?

Jim knows that every rule about barrel aging comes with an exception.

Edited by callmeox

A friend of mine and his wife went to Niagara Falls for their anniversary recently. They stopped at a few other places in New York. My wife and I went to a fish fry/party/bonfire at their house tonight. They brought back a bottle of McKenzie Bourbon from the Finger Lakes distillery for me. :cool: Totally surprised me. I'll let you know how it is Tom. :grin:

Purchased a bottle that I've never ever bought before: Wild Turkey 101. I've always ignored it, assuming that I wouldn't like it. But finally I decided to give it a try. And if I don't like it I can use it for Manhattans.

I don't think we have a "What Rye" do we?

post-4976-14489818357494_thumb.png

I got me the PVW Rye today, they had all the BTAC and all the Pappy but the 15 and this one was calling my name. Plus they wanted &150 for the 20yo.

Best regards, Tony

I don't think we have a "What Rye" do we?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14377[/ATTACH]

I got me the PVW Rye today, they had all the BTAC and all the Pappy but the 15 and this one was calling my name. Plus they wanted &150 for the 20yo.

Best regards, Tony

Is that a "C" series bottle?

if so I'm assuming they are ditching "B" from last fall and moving onto "C" for this year?

I stopped by the liquor store tonight and saw all of the BTAC except for Stagg. I asked an employee if they had any Van Winkle products and he said they were holding them for preferred customers. I understood - there is only so much of the good stuff to go around.

I went back and got a W.L. Weller, a Handy, a Saz 18 and a PHC blend 131.6. I placed them on the counter and told the store employee that I was going to get some beer as well. The employee then got on the phone and called the store owner and told him about my purchase. The owner allowed me to pick one bottle of his Van Winkle products from a case. :grin: I selected the PVW 15. I guess that means I just became a preferred customer.

Was in New York over the weekend (which was good fun). Anyway, a few different stops in Brooklyn netted me a Saz 18, 2011 bottling (first ever Saz 18 for me, for which I dearly overpaid), and a HW21 Rye. Back in Manhattan, I grabbed one of the last EC18s.

Overall a good haul, I think. Maxed out my duty-free allowance, as well as my credit card.

Got the 2nd last flight out of Newark on Sunday night.

Edited by Smithford
grammar

I stopped by the liquor store tonight and saw all of the BTAC except for Stagg. I asked an employee if they had any Van Winkle products and he said they were holding them for preferred customers. I understood - there is only so much of the good stuff to go around.

I went back and got a W.L. Weller, a Handy, a Saz 18 and a PHC blend 131.6. I placed them on the counter and told the store employee that I was going to get some beer as well. The employee then got on the phone and called the store owner and told him about my purchase. The owner allowed me to pick one bottle of his Van Winkle products from a case. :grin: I selected the PVW 15. I guess that means I just became a preferred customer.

Very nice! Kudos to that owner and employee! That's how it should be done.

Good for you. I just need to find the BTAC, all the stores I usually get my stuff from said they have only got the PVW products so far. Hoping they didn't get cut this year.

Stumbled across the BTEC 19yo and 23yo Giant French Oak Barrel "experiment" today. After some thought, particularly given the cost for a 375ml, I decided to just get one and go with the 19yo but pass on the 23yo. It is labeled as whiskey rather than Bourbon whiskey (as is the case with the Rice bourbon experiment for example) as was noted in the earlier thread about these.

Liked the 2012 FR LE SmB I got recently so I picked up another of those as well.

Very nice! Kudos to that owner and employee! That's how it should be done.

I thought that was pretty cool too. I was happy to find the BTAC and the PHC. The PVW was icing on the cake. I couldn't buy any more anyway. I was tapped out after that purchase.

I will definitely do my best to take care of them like they took care of me. I'll have to take them some bbq next time I fire up my pit.

As others have said great pickup and great owner.

That PHC from this year is a star in my book.

Best regards, Tony

Went looking for WLW yesterday, got frustrated, quoted Danny Glover, then just picked up a Dickel Barrel Select for the first time in Michigan. The same store had a bunch of Bowman Bros. small batch too. Going back for that later!

I picked up an Elijah Craig 12yo selected by A&L Wine Castle of Ann Arbor MI.

It's a good bottle, they had a sample left over from their pick and let me taste it, it was real thick, man oh man I would have bought the barrel at barrel proof.

My whiskey glass runneth over!

2x GTS

2x WLW

2x Saz18

1x THH

2x PHC 6th

1x FRSmB 2012

1x Willett 18 139 proof

Honestly, the last month's haul of fancy bourbon will last me until next year. Someone slap me if I come back to this thread anytime soon.

Went into mainly a wine store that carries a few spirits and they had a couple Old Weller Antiques 7 year 107 proof. First age statement OWA I've seen in the wild, so I brought one home to compare to the OWA I have that does not have an age statement. Being a novice when it comes to old versions of this brand, I'm pretty positive this is a Buffalo Trace OWA since the label shows the alcohol percentage and states it was distilled and bottled in Frankfort. If there is something else I should be looking at, let me know.

Went back and grabbed the last Saz18 I left on my local liquor stores shelf on Saturday....I find it odd that I am the only person who has bought any of their BTAC stuff.. the shelves still had 6 staggs and 3 each of THH, WLW and ER17

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!