What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

EC18. trying to finish the bottle i have to free up some space at the bar. while i am sad to no longer see this at $45 around me, i cant say i am devastated it is no longer in production. some nice oak here, but not much else, i get a lot more depth from other bottles at this price point

Couldn't agree more. I picked up one of the last EC18 bottles in my area (at $60 I might add) a couple of months ago, and am down to about a half bottle. Had another pour from it last night, and it's just not that great, and amongst others, I'd buy FR1B at $30 over it any day of the week.

Also had a pour of Maker's 46, and this is growing on me. It was a one and done for me initially, but after a couple of months of air-time, it has opened up nicely and is a tasty bourbon. Worth having around I'd say.

I quite agree Jeffery. In my more active days I kept some Makers around for visitors and guests and if I were keeping a fully stocked bar today Makers 46 would be present.

Here comes the fury. I've got two hours to kill at the Twisted Spoke. If you can get here by 430 I've got a drink for you.

Son of Bourye

VWFRR

Late lunch, started with Barton Manhattan, 1 oz Barton, .5 oz vermouth, Fee Bros bitters, shaken and served.

Weller 12 as a thank you from the bartender. Good evening!

Helluva lineup you went through, I admit some jealousy on a great way to spend the afternoon.

B

Great lineup and a nice way to spend a cold March afternoon! Wish I could have snuck out of work early and joined you.

PHC "blend of Mashbills" Barrel proof .......................(with a splash of water.........)

Sometimes, folks just come on and do it like it's suppose to be done, when the opportunity is there. Nice afternoon! :bowdown: Well done, BAO!

:toast:

Enjoying my first pour of OF Signature - very nice dram for the dough! My old man was right (but don't let him know!)

Starting with CEHT Warehouse C...who knows what next....but there will be a next.:cool:

Ok, started with 4R Sm batch. Next was a small pour of Jim Beam Black. Finishing off with Wellers SR

Going with MM tonight to try to rid myself of the bottle. Probably wont ever buy again. Hot. Almost awkward to me. I like the wheatear profile a lot but ill stick with W12.

Wow bootlegger hot is not what I would use to describe MM. I wonder if something funky is going on there...

Had some GTS '09 the other night. Cut it to somewhere around 106pf. 10ml water in 30ml of whiskey keeps it nice and simple. Very enjoyable. May try for 15ml of water next time for around 94 pf and compare the difference.

Yeah I know it's not supposed to be with the low proof. I can get through a pour of RHF or Barrel Proof Four roses neat easier than this MM.. Flavor profile is nice enough but not anywhere near as good as the W12 for the same money. Oh well. On to others. Wanna try some HH stuff next.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!