What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I took smokinjoe's lead and put some HH BiB in the freezer (gold label, not the 6 year, sadly). Mmmm, yeah that is pretty tasty.

A wonderful lunch at my local Tavern today. My very first pour of Basil T. Hayden on one little ice cube. Smoooooth.

I also had something or other to eat. It was irrelevant.

Just samplin' the wares!

A fellow SBer has demanded that I open and taste my bottle of OFBB '05 despite having too many bottles open already. Damn you SB.com!

Starting the evening with a little FR1B OBSF 1789b pick...this one gets better and better as it has some time open to air out...thick caramel, honey sweetness with some dark fruit makes this 122pr one so drinkable.

Started off with Elijah Craig 12. So good. Finishing with Jeffersons Presidential 18. This is quickly becoming one of my all-time favs

SB blend, 50/50.

Now that is some good stuff Matt. I vatted a new batch today!

After a long day of work, I just poured my evening's first dram. Since I have to catch up for lost time, I'm painting in broad strokes... Lots of OWA and lots of ice. Think, Kentucky Big Gulp.

Cold and windy with snow flurries in the air. Very depressing after a bit of sunshine earlier in the day and a brief warm-up yesterday. Heading for the '08 GTS to end the doldrums.

EC18. trying to finish the bottle i have to free up some space at the bar. while i am sad to no longer see this at $45 around me, i cant say i am devastated it is no longer in production. some nice oak here, but not much else, i get a lot more depth from other bottles at this price point

After a few nibble of a couple of things, I'm finishing up with an 04 Stagg. There is no barrel proof whiskey that can close it out like Stagg, IMO. I may like some better on any particular night, and in fact my favorite whiskey of all time, the 2012 PHC, is sublime. But, to me, there is a muscle to Stagg that is unmatched in all other barrel proofs. Some years are better than others, but they all share that brawny, deep, richness. It is the King of Barrel Proofs for me.

It is the King of Barrel Proofs for me.

Completely agree. It's so massive it always puts a stamp on any evening. I haven't tasted both in close proximity, but my impression of PHC 2012 137.9 proof was that it was very Stagg-esque. That could just be heat and mouthfeel.

Got some good news today and opened up a FR SmB LE 2012. Very satisfying.

House selling issues resolved I hope! I'll join you with some of same hooch.

Started with a pour of 2012 OFBB and followed it up with a pour of 2012 PHC 131.6. All while watching a comedy video by Aziz Ansari. Not a bad evening.

House selling issues resolved I hope! I'll join you with some of same hooch.

For now. Foundation repairs for both our current and new homes will commence next week and we're scheduled to close both 4 weeks from Friday.

Cheers!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!